Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - PS4/Xbox/PC

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by KK » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:12 am

Activision and Sony announcing that the Spec Ops Survival Mode is a timed Playstation 4 exclusive for an entire year (until 1st October 2020).

Not great if you don't own a PS4, or simply want to experience the best graphical version of the game and play SM. You've either got to buy it on Xbox One or PC and then swap over to the PS4, or just wait a year...by which point it'll be a lot less anyway and most people will have already moved on to COD 2020.

Image
User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by LewisD » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:08 pm

Apparently loot creates and guns purchased by microtransactions have been leaked.

It's this new news?

https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/co ... ps-1063881

Proud member of the Two-Exxers.
u ok hun xx
*Banned from commenting on "The perfect example"*
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Winckle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:24 am

LewisD wrote:Apparently loot creates and guns purchased by microtransactions have been leaked.

It's this new news?

https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/co ... ps-1063881

I'm out then.

Getting sick of this Activision tactic of witholding loot boxes till after launch so reviewers won't include them in their reviews. It's sneaky as strawberry float.

User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Trelliz » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:25 am

Winckle wrote:
LewisD wrote:Apparently loot creates and guns purchased by microtransactions have been leaked.

It's this new news?

https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/co ... ps-1063881

I'm out then.

Getting sick of this Activision tactic of witholding loot boxes till after launch so reviewers won't include them in their reviews. It's sneaky as strawberry float.



Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Winckle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:26 am

https://youtu.be/9LeZ89_u2Gc?t=246

This Jim Sterling bit talks about. I've tried to skip his intro nonsense.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Gemini73 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:36 pm

Oh.

Well, guess I'll pick it up second hand much later than planned then for the single player.

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:24 pm

I'm honestly not that bothered about CoD as I've gotten tired of the series since WW2 (which I thought was a big let down) but will probably give this a go as the campaign looks really good.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by KK » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Oh.

Well, guess I'll pick it up second hand much later than planned then for the single player.

What I did last year with WW2 and hope to do again this year is play it at launch, rinse it in about two days, and quickly sell it on eBay. I think it cost me around £8 last year. Might be even less this year because it comes with that small toy figure I can also flog.

Fake edit: make that 2017. Doesn't time fly!

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Gemini73 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:06 pm

KK wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Oh.

Well, guess I'll pick it up second hand much later than planned then for the single player.

What I did last year with WW2 and hope to do again this year is play it at launch, rinse it in about two days, and quickly sell it on eBay. I think it cost me around £8 last year. Might be even less this year because it comes with that small toy figure I can also flog. the

Fake edit: make that 2017. Doesn't time fly!


A good plan, but I hadn't planned on buying it at launch and Cod titles tend to lose their value relatively quickly.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by OrangeRKN » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:43 pm

COD has never had a balanced approach to multiplayer anyway, what with locking better weapons/loadouts behind leveling up. To be actually fair they wouldn't have to just not have microtransactions or lootboxes with weapons, they'd have to give everyone access to the same stuff from the beginning.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by SugarDave » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:25 pm

I expected there'd be some microtransaction-y crap when the beta told me I'd unlock a blueprint for an exclusive weapon for reaching level 10.

I had a pretty good time with what I played though so if I can find someone selling a cheap key for the game that's come with their new GPU, I'll probably grab it.

User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:23 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:COD has never had a balanced approach to multiplayer anyway, what with locking better weapons/loadouts behind leveling up. To be actually fair they wouldn't have to just not have microtransactions or lootboxes with weapons, they'd have to give everyone access to the same stuff from the beginning.


Yes but there is a massive difference between gaining an advantage through leveling up and pay to win surely.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by OrangeRKN » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Oh yeah definitely, I just mean it's still unfair anyway!

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Trelliz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:12 am

Manwell Pablo wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:COD has never had a balanced approach to multiplayer anyway, what with locking better weapons/loadouts behind leveling up. To be actually fair they wouldn't have to just not have microtransactions or lootboxes with weapons, they'd have to give everyone access to the same stuff from the beginning.


Yes but there is a massive difference between gaining an advantage through leveling up and pay to win surely.


I wonder if that matchmaking system designed to boost player spending has been implemented, I have no reason to believe it hasn't.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Denster » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:39 pm

If people are happier to pay for pretty camo or guns that's fine by me. I don't.
If those idiots coughing up means I get free DLC Maps then I'm fine with it.

This paying to win gooseberry fool is nonsense. There is no appreciable advantage to the gooseberry fool you can buy. Most of the time it just means you run around trying to shoot someone with what appears to be a Pterodactyl cock covered in glitter.

Get the kite, Beavis.
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Trelliz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Denster wrote:There is no appreciable advantage to the gooseberry fool you can buy. Most of the time it just means you run around trying to shoot someone with what appears to be a Pterodactyl cock covered in glitter.


There is when they start adding objectively mechanically better guns to loot boxes that are otherwise behind almost impossible grinds.

I still haven't played a Call of Duty since Black Ops 1 so might start going through the single player modes as palette cleansers between longer and more substantive games, there are plenty of them and I either have the ones that will run on my PC or can get the later ones on PS4 pretty cheap if I want to.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Denster » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Hence the word 'appreciable'.
Anyone with any skill can get equipped up to the eyeballs on Blackout. Theres no shortages of weapons and upgrades on the maps and plenty of time and space to do so. Does it make it a little easier if you have pre paid? Maybe.

If you get killed on Blackout 99/100 it's because someone is simply better than you or because you haven't bothered to go and loot properly or decided to land in the same spot as 45 other people. Not because they have a god gun you only get if you pony up the dough.

It's a con to part idiots from their cash. It's also a ploy for poorer players to use the old 'bad workman blaming their tools' trick.

Get the kite, Beavis.
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Hime » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:43 am

OrangeRKN wrote:Oh yeah definitely, I just mean it's still unfair anyway!

If you follow the CoD meta at all every single game has had one the best weapons and perks in the game available from the start and most of the actual useful stuff is available very near the beginning. It's a twitch shooter so if someone kills you it's probably because they've spawned behind seen you first.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by OrangeRKN » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:23 am

Fair enough, I've obviously never followed any meta. It definitely feels unfair whenever I get killed by things I don't have access to.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 25th October 2019 - Crossplay, No Season Pass, New Engine, Captain Price returns
by Denster » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:57 pm

With the prestige system. You do it once and everything is available. You have to earn it all again if you choose to prestige again but you don't have to. I've got friends I play with who'll only prestige once or a couple of times.
In this recent beta there's a few decent guns available from early on as Hime says.
A little bit of time and effort invested - will certainly result in finding a set up and play style that will suit you.

Get the kite, Beavis.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addsy0, Cuttooth, Damian, darksideby182, kazanova_Frankenstein, kerr9000, MSN [Bot], Nook29, Oblomov Boblomov, OldSoulCyborg, Peter Crisp, Rubix, Tafdolphin, Trelliz and 54 guests