Cheese on toast.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Cheese on Toast

Yes
13
54%
Yes
11
46%
 
Total votes: 24
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Ironhide » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Anyone tried toasting cheese on other bread-adjacent products?

I wanted cheese on toast a while back and on discovering we had ran out of bread I replaced it with a bagel instead. Worked pretty well although a lot of the cheese did try to escape through the hole in the middle!

You can make a reasonable pizza alternative using crumpets so I'd imagine it would work just as well with only cheese.


Can confirm cheese on crumpets is excellent.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Knoyleo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Made myself a not quite croque monsieur for lunch, but with bacon instead of ham, and cheddar instead of gruyère, then wolfed it down before 2 hours of work phone calls, and I've never felt so close to a heart attack whilst sitting still.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by BID0 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm

marmite on top of the cheese makes it god tier. Or the Papa Johns bites.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Anyone tried toasting cheese on other bread-adjacent products?

I wanted cheese on toast a while back and on discovering we had ran out of bread I replaced it with a bagel instead. Worked pretty well although a lot of the cheese did try to escape through the hole in the middle!

You can make a reasonable pizza alternative using crumpets so I'd imagine it would work just as well with only cheese.


Can confirm cheese on crumpets is excellent.

Excellent, will give this a try. :toot:

My go to crumpet choice is the eggy crumpet, its a fantastic option and I would heartily recommend it!

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Victor Mildew » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:55 pm

Cheese on crumpets is fantastic, although I'd grill both sides before as the top of the crumpets being soft is pretty gross. As crumpets have a pretty unique taste, I find adding anything other than cheese a bit much.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by OrangeRKN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Crumpets don't need anything other than butter

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Ironhide » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:28 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Cheese on crumpets is fantastic, although I'd grill both sides before as the top of the crumpets being soft is pretty gross. As crumpets have a pretty unique taste, I find adding anything other than cheese a bit much.


Poached eggs are also an excellent topping for crumpets (All the yolk oozing into the holes :datass: ), and possibly the only acceptable reason to eat them using cutlery.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Cheese on crumpets is fantastic, although I'd grill both sides before as the top of the crumpets being soft is pretty gross. As crumpets have a pretty unique taste, I find adding anything other than cheese a bit much.


Poached eggs are also an excellent topping for crumpets (All the yolk oozing into the holes :datass: ), and possibly the only acceptable reason to eat them using cutlery.

Eggy crumpets, I'm telling you they are glorious. Stick a bit of fried bacon on the plate as well and you have a breakfast fit for a king! :datass:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Saint of Killers » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Cheesus on toast.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Victor Mildew » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Poached egg on crumpets with some thin smoked ham is lovely.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by PuppetBoy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Cheese on crumpets is fantastic, although I'd grill both sides before as the top of the crumpets being soft is pretty gross. As crumpets have a pretty unique taste, I find adding anything other than cheese a bit much.


Poached eggs are also an excellent topping for crumpets (All the yolk oozing into the holes :datass: ), and possibly the only acceptable reason to eat them using cutlery.


I've never tried this, but god damn I'm going to. :datass:

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by rinks » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:17 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:Crumpets don't need anything other than putting in the bin.

Fixed.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Dual » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:19 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:Crumpets don't need anything other than butter


What about Nutella?

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Qikz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Cheese on crumpets is fantastic, although I'd grill both sides before as the top of the crumpets being soft is pretty gross. As crumpets have a pretty unique taste, I find adding anything other than cheese a bit much.


Poached eggs are also an excellent topping for crumpets (All the yolk oozing into the holes :datass: ), and possibly the only acceptable reason to eat them using cutlery.

Eggy crumpets, I'm telling you they are glorious. Stick a bit of fried bacon on the plate as well and you have a breakfast fit for a king! :datass:


I've never tried this and now I want to. It's just a shame I'm too lazy to bother frying eggs and bacon first thing in the morning. I also don't have a very big frying pan so can't cook it them at the same time. :lol:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Moggy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:25 pm

rinks wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Crumpets don't need anything other than putting in the bin.

Fixed.


Imagine hating crumpets. :dread:

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by OrangeRKN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:34 pm

Dual wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Crumpets don't need anything other than butter


What about Nutella?


I don't get Dual

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Victor Mildew » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:35 pm

Qikz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Cheese on crumpets is fantastic, although I'd grill both sides before as the top of the crumpets being soft is pretty gross. As crumpets have a pretty unique taste, I find adding anything other than cheese a bit much.


Poached eggs are also an excellent topping for crumpets (All the yolk oozing into the holes :datass: ), and possibly the only acceptable reason to eat them using cutlery.

Eggy crumpets, I'm telling you they are glorious. Stick a bit of fried bacon on the plate as well and you have a breakfast fit for a king! :datass:


I've never tried this and now I want to. It's just a shame I'm too lazy to bother frying eggs and bacon first thing in the morning. I also don't have a very big frying pan so can't cook it them at the same time. :lol:


You should grill bacon anyway. Frying it, while tastier, is so bad for you.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Cuttooth » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:39 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Dual wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Crumpets don't need anything other than butter


What about Nutella?


I don't get Dual

Absolutely put Nutella on crumpets!

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Tsunade » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Cheese on toast is perfect. I don't have it too often but I love it. Also cheese in a wrap, oven cooked to melt the cheese is just lovely.

Also eggy crumpets are yum. Love love love it when I make those. As for with nutella, I agree. Definitely put nutella on crumpets. Just not with eggs :lol:

Image
Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Cheese on toast.
by Jezo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Actually not too fussed about cheese on toast myself. Much prefer slabs upon slabs of butter. Maybe cheese on toast if it's with a soup


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 126 guests