CIVILIZATION VI - £12.49 on steam

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Knoyleo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Black Death scenario looks brilliant



Is this available for a good deal anywhere? Best I've seen it's £28 on CD keys.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Ironhide » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 pm

£27.99 on Greenman gaming too, which is where I got it from.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Knoyleo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Ironhide wrote:£27.99 on Greenman gaming too, which is where I got it from.

Did you get your key already? Ordered from CDkeys, but I get a message saying the key isn't available yet. :x

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Knew I should have shopped around before purchasing directly on Steam :lol:.

Not like I'll even get to play it until Saturday/Sunday.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Knoyleo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Got the day off tomorrow, so hoping to have the key by morning.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Ironhide » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Knoyleo wrote:
Ironhide wrote:£27.99 on Greenman gaming too, which is where I got it from.

Did you get your key already? Ordered from CDkeys, but I get a message saying the key isn't available yet. :x


I preorded yesterday night and the key became available this morning.

I like GMG for that reason, there's no waiting for emails/texts, you just login to your account and you can see all the keys for every game you've bought from them and either just copy & paste them into Steam or if you've linked your Steam account just click 'redeem' to do it automatically.

They're an approved key reseller too so there's no dodgy Russian keys.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Knoyleo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Ironhide wrote:£27.99 on Greenman gaming too, which is where I got it from.

Did you get your key already? Ordered from CDkeys, but I get a message saying the key isn't available yet. :x


I preorded yesterday night and the key became available this morning.

I like GMG for that reason, there's no waiting for emails/texts, you just login to your account and you can see all the keys for every game you've bought from them and either just copy & paste them into Steam or if you've linked your Steam account just click 'redeem' to do it automatically.

They're an approved key reseller too so there's no dodgy Russian keys.

I've used both and never had issues with either. Just plumped with cdkeys because they were the first one I went to, and sometimes the 5% off code still works. The message has changed to it being a preorder key and will be available soon. :roll:

I'm not likely to play this evening anyway, and the update's still downloading on steam by the looks of it, so fingers crossed it'll get here for tomorrow.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Okay Valentine's Day finished early so I'm just loading up a co-op game with a friend right now :datass:.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Arabia declared war on me for no reason. A few turns later a volcano erupted and partly destroyed one of his cities :lol: 8-).

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Knoyleo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm

This feels really good. The map actually feels a bit more alive, and more complex than just a collection of resource nodes. The benefits of building on flood planes are huge with the extra fertility, but the damage when it does flood can be severe. I've been lucky not to be struck by storms so far, but sadly my starting continent doesn't seem to have any volcanoes. :x

The mid game feels a lot more engaging, especially with the new world congress, and the diplomacy points. It's nice that they're a tradeable item, as you are now literally trading for diplomatic favour, so it feels like you actually are building relationships over time.

I'm not sure if the AI has been tweaked, or I just got lucky, but in my current game, they seem to be acting much more normally than they used to, so that's another good change.

Enjoying the expansion so far. It's finally starting to feel like a complete Civ game again. Can't wait for them to launch VII with all these features missing again.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Cuttooth » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Would you say it's worth skipping Rise and Fall and going straight back into Civ with this?

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Lagamorph » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 pm

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/CivGame/status/1113187346843787264[/tweet]

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by HSH28 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:56 pm

I've just finished my first game of Gathering Storm. With my standard settings, King difficulty, Epic game speed, Huge map size, Continents. Played as the English Eleanor of Aquitaine.

I liked it generally, though it did seem a tad easy. I managed to get to the end game tech stuff before the 1900s and I won the new Diplomatic Victory without even really trying.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Just won my first game since getting the expansion. Domination, of course, with the English Eleanor of Aquitaine :datass:.

They've added a huge amount to the mid-late game, all the way to the end. It gets ridiculously epic, the only issue was that my victory had been in no doubt since around the 1700s. However, I was only playing on King difficulty.

Giant Death Robots are utterly glorious fun! :nod:

Image
User avatar
Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Anyone else got this on Switch?
The last game in the series I played was IV on PC, so maybe it's that, maybe it's the Switch... But it seems quite slow.

I wanted to play a really easy first campaign, so that I could get to grips with the new mechanics and features, but even though I've set it to be as easy as possible, it's still taking an age to make any progress at all. And the other civs all seem to have taken a lead that even at this point seems unassailable.

Are my setting choices part of the issue? I'm Norway (because they weren't in the last game I played) and playing a game that's the second-longest overall length.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:36 pm

THE ONLY TRUE GAMER wrote:Anyone else got this on Switch?
The last game in the series I played was IV on PC, so maybe it's that, maybe it's the Switch... But it seems quite slow.

I wanted to play a really easy first campaign, so that I could get to grips with the new mechanics and features, but even though I've set it to be as easy as possible, it's still taking an age to make any progress at all. And the other civs all seem to have taken a lead that even at this point seems unassailable.

Are my setting choices part of the issue? I'm Norway (because they weren't in the last game I played) and playing a game that's the second-longest overall length.

Game speed has a big effect. Even standard speed games will go on for weeks/months (obviously depending on other things like map size and how often you play) so I'm not surprised it's going at a crawl for you if you've slowed everything down further :lol:.

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Dowbocop » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:19 am

Norway have always been the whipping boys whenever they've shown up as an AI Civ in my games, so that might explain why you're behind as well. I don't think I've ever actually played them myself because I don't like the look of the bonuses.

User avatar
Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Ah bugger. Thanks for pointing that out. Who would be a stronger civ to start off as?

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Dowbocop » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Depends how you want to play obviously, but I tend to like ones that boost your science or culture. Greece are pretty good, as are China. I think there's a Civ that lets you found a religion earlier than normal as well if I recall.

My main prejudice against Civ bonuses like Norway's are that they seem too dependent on you getting a good coastal position, and then they always seem to end up literally on the periphery. Having said that I can't actually remember what the bonuses are because I haven't played it in ages :lol:

User avatar
Finish.Last
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Finish.Last » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:53 pm

And if you're going for a domination win via a strong navy, you're better off going for England anyway.

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.

Return to “Games”