Closing a sole trader account with HMRC

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Joined in 2008

PostClosing a sole trader account with HMRC
by poshrule_uk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:04 pm


I started a little home business earlier in the year and I basically made no money/not enough rate so gave up.

Anyway I stupidly registered with HMRC and they have sent me a bill for £35, I have spent a little more than I have made so I want to close all this down.

I have notified HMRC that I'm closing the business but do I need to still do a tax return and if so how do I do this?

User avatar
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Closing a sole trader account with HMRC
by Ad7 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:48 pm

You will have to fill out a tax return for the year in which you traded, which you do at the end of this tax year.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Blue Eyes, Garth, Lex-Man, Minty14, Monkey Man, Photek, Rax, Reavus, satriales, suzzopher and 42 guests