Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:20 pm

Vermilion wrote:Love that thumbnail Kerr. ;)


What can I say you had a nice logo easy to grab for demonstration potential, I thought if I knocked up something it would help show people the idea

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:00 pm




I added a thing on the end saying part of the GRCADE collactive but have not mentioned anyone as no one has said if theyd deffinetly like to be included and what logo or thing theyd like showing.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by Pedz » Fri May 15, 2020 11:18 pm

Pedz wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:
Pedz wrote:Why not? Some kind of occasional collaborative thing? The easiest thing would be a joint review of a game or something similar and then do it on 1 channel one time, another channel another time and then promote each other regularly and more so when you are taking part on the other channel?


Yep that would be the best way I think as well, joint reviews on diffrent channels... maybe we could even look at adding something at the end of videos that says part of the Grcade Collective or somesuch and mentions other peoples channels etc...


In for this.


*cough* *cough*

Image
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:49 pm

Pedz wrote:
Pedz wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:
Pedz wrote:Why not? Some kind of occasional collaborative thing? The easiest thing would be a joint review of a game or something similar and then do it on 1 channel one time, another channel another time and then promote each other regularly and more so when you are taking part on the other channel?


Yep that would be the best way I think as well, joint reviews on diffrent channels... maybe we could even look at adding something at the end of videos that says part of the Grcade Collective or somesuch and mentions other peoples channels etc...


In for this.


Message me a logo or jpg with your channel name etc and I'll splice it in to the very next video, oh and give me your YouTube channel address I'll add it in the comments etc,. The same goes for anyone else who wants to be involved, I will keep adding to it and once there's a bunch of us I'll send you all the end so you can use it too.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by Vermilion » Sat May 16, 2020 7:58 am

Pedz wrote:*cough* *cough*


Quarantine yourself immediately!

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by DarkRula » Sat May 16, 2020 10:06 am

Like Verm, I've got gameplay of various games on my channel, though unlike Verm I use a proper capture card rather than the in-built one of the console. My latest one is showing off some Starlink gameplay...



...though throughout April I was in Star Wars Month mode, showing off Battlefront 2017, Jedi Outcast and Academy, and some LEGO The Complete Saga.

I eventually want to try something with audio, but I've been wanting to do that for more than a year, so I know it's never going to happen anytime soon.

Image
Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by Yubel » Sat May 16, 2020 2:51 pm

kerr9000 wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Pedz wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:
Pedz wrote:Why not? Some kind of occasional collaborative thing? The easiest thing would be a joint review of a game or something similar and then do it on 1 channel one time, another channel another time and then promote each other regularly and more so when you are taking part on the other channel?


Yep that would be the best way I think as well, joint reviews on diffrent channels... maybe we could even look at adding something at the end of videos that says part of the Grcade Collective or somesuch and mentions other peoples channels etc...


In for this.


Message me a logo or jpg with your channel name etc and I'll splice it in to the very next video, oh and give me your YouTube channel address I'll add it in the comments etc,. The same goes for anyone else who wants to be involved, I will keep adding to it and once there's a bunch of us I'll send you all the end so you can use it too.


I like the idea and would be happy to wear the 'GRcade collective' label and provide links to the relevant channels in future video descriptions. I'll post the logo to you as soon as.

Image
Image
Youtube - Yubellion

SW-8425-4441-8614
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Yubel wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Pedz wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:
Pedz wrote:Why not? Some kind of occasional collaborative thing? The easiest thing would be a joint review of a game or something similar and then do it on 1 channel one time, another channel another time and then promote each other regularly and more so when you are taking part on the other channel?


Yep that would be the best way I think as well, joint reviews on diffrent channels... maybe we could even look at adding something at the end of videos that says part of the Grcade Collective or somesuch and mentions other peoples channels etc...


In for this.


Message me a logo or jpg with your channel name etc and I'll splice it in to the very next video, oh and give me your YouTube channel address I'll add it in the comments etc,. The same goes for anyone else who wants to be involved, I will keep adding to it and once there's a bunch of us I'll send you all the end so you can use it too.


I have added your logo to the Collective and I have added your YouTube Channel Address to my latest Video, I will send you a link to the new collective end once I have uploaded it, but here is my latest video so you can see what it looks like and what I wrote in regards to you and Pedz's channels



I like the idea and would be happy to wear the 'GRcade collective' label and provide links to the relevant channels in future video descriptions. I'll post the logo to you as soon as.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm

I uploaded my first ever playthrough today completing SNES Pitfighter with TY. I swapped the awful music in it for streets of rage 2 music though as I didnt want peoples ears to bleed. First ever time I have done a playthrough wonder if it will do ok, I added the Collective end to it so thats about 5 videos I have put up with the community/collective end on, if anyone else wants to get involved let me know.


http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Just felt I would bump this incase anyone else wants to get involved or has anything to share.

I have about 15 videos up now with the Grcade Collective ending put on.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by Vermilion » Tue May 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Because i upload game footage direct from the PS4, i don't think it's possible to add that to the end of mine.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by OrangeRKN » Tue May 26, 2020 3:35 pm

This is really cool kerr - and the speed of your output is really impressive!

Would you like ownership of this thread, if it would anything easier (like putting anything in the first post)? I'm glad to have helped spark some interest/ideas but like I say I don't do youtube myself, so will only be watching videos, not creating!

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:05 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:This is really cool kerr - and the speed of your output is really impressive!

Would you like ownership of this thread, if it would anything easier (like putting anything in the first post)? I'm glad to have helped spark some interest/ideas but like I say I don't do youtube myself, so will only be watching videos, not creating!


Thanks OR , I try to put out a decent amount of content, id say im pretty sparadic I can do 4 videos in a day one day and then none for a week.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by Pedz » Tue May 26, 2020 5:09 pm

kerr9000 wrote:Just felt I would bump this incase anyone else wants to get involved or has anything to share.

I have about 15 videos up now with the Grcade Collective ending put on.


You seem to get about 30 videos out to my 1 :lol:

Image
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm

one of the tricks I have recently learned is to do things in sets. I used to make videos one at a time I now work on 4 at a time but in diffrent stages. So Stage one is to get the raw footage, play the game or download the trailer and such. Stage 2 is to edit it and put a background soundtrack on it making a basefule, stage 3 record the audio, stage 4 put the audio over the basefile, stage 5 add the start and end stuff.

If I do all my playing one day for 4 or 5 videos, all my audio recording another etc it seems to work much better than working on one video from start to end. Yesterday I finished off like 4 and I figure today I might take a break from it all but I do seem to have a finished basefile or two that I never recorded audio for.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by Yubel » Tue May 26, 2020 5:30 pm

You should have no trouble maintaining an audience with that kind of output, Ker! :o

I myself should have a new vid up this week, which'll be my first to use the 'GRcade Collective' moniker - there isn't much else in the pipeline right now, least not until I go out and get myself a new PC with a faster processor. As a result, I've been relying on Mario Maker for short, easy to assemble content lately.

Image
Image
Youtube - Yubellion

SW-8425-4441-8614
Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by Barnsy! » Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:Just today my 2019 video finally got uploaded... although I don't blame Dan, I made some pretty obscure choices that he had to go and collect footage for :lol:


I haven't watched the whole thing yet (will watch it when I've got time to enjoy it properly) - I've never heard of Soul Searching but what an interesting idea, definitely going to give that game a look.

User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Yubel wrote:You should have no trouble maintaining an audience with that kind of output, Ker! :o

I myself should have a new vid up this week, which'll be my first to use the 'GRcade Collective' moniker - there isn't much else in the pipeline right now, least not until I go out and get myself a new PC with a faster processor. As a result, I've been relying on Mario Maker for short, easy to assemble content lately.


As soon as your new videos up I'll give it a watch.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by OrangeRKN » Wed May 27, 2020 12:43 am

Barnsy! wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Just today my 2019 video finally got uploaded... although I don't blame Dan, I made some pretty obscure choices that he had to go and collect footage for :lol:


I haven't watched the whole thing yet (will watch it when I've got time to enjoy it properly) - I've never heard of Soul Searching but what an interesting idea, definitely going to give that game a look.


Thanks! It definitely won't be for everyone but I think the video should set relatively accurate expectations - Dan did a great job on putting together matching footage showing the different elements of the game to go along with me talking!

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Community YouTube Original Gaming Content (TM)
by kerr9000 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:47 pm

How is everyone doing with there videos? I am currently doing a whole bunch of recordings to do some more horror movie reviews, I had half scripts ready from old blog posts I had wrote.

I just thought id put out the offer that if anyone wants to know any of how I do anything or if there is some particular footage there after be it old gameplay or something I would try to help, after all we are a community.

I do have a lot of limits in my set up for example I cant seem to get audio to record when I record old game footage but the thoughts there if it would help anyone out.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BTB, Frank, Jezo, Lex-Man, Lime, Mafro, Photek, Poser, Saint of Killers, Tsunade, wensleydale and 228 guests