Coronavirus & stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Drumstick » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 am

I swear you live next to a special breed of stupid people.

Puts me off that move to your area.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 am

Maybe it's a bit like cats always seeking out people who hate them, maybe stupid people are inexplicably drawn to Ad.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 am

Drumstick wrote:I swear you live next to a special breed of stupid people.

Puts me off that move to your area.


It might be full of bellends......but those cheap houses :datass:

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Drumstick » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 am

Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:I swear you live next to a special breed of stupid people.

Puts me off that move to your area.

It might be full of bellends......but those cheap houses :datass:

Moggy: future slum landlord.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Christopher » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 am

They really should be halting or discounting things like council tax during all this.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:42 am

Drumstick wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:I swear you live next to a special breed of stupid people.

Puts me off that move to your area.

It might be full of bellends......but those cheap houses :datass:

Moggy: future slum landlord.


:lol:

I've no desire to be a landlord. I will never become the thing I most hate. :x

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Godzilla » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 am

Bruce Willis was asked to leave a store in the US when he refused to wear a mask. He's always been a dick but this is sad all the same.

I guess he truly wants to......

Die Hard.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am

Godzilla wrote:Bruce Willis was asked to leave a store in the US when he refused to wear a mask. He's always been a dick but this is sad all the same.

I guess he truly wants to......

Die Hard.


Masks? Who gives a strawberry float about masks?!

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Zilnad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:03 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Went to walk the dog early this morning, in the only person out there, except one old guy walking a dog, and I can see he's on an intercept course with me on the other side of the road.

Wait, he's stopping, surely he's realised were going to bump in to each other.

Nope.

Crosses and joins behind me so close he could have put his arm around my shoulder. Dog goes mad and I go "for strawberry float sake" and drag the dog with me on to the grass away from him.

"Oh your dog pulls as well does he!"

For strawberry float sake. Why don't people give a gooseberry fool?


No one gives a gooseberry fool. When I'm out for a walk, I'm literally the only person who stays distant. I constantly see other people just walking by each other, shoulder to shoulder, while I'm crossing the street at every opportunity to get away from people.

It makes me so angry and going out for a walk actually depresses me because of it. I just prefer to stay indoors completely now.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:13 am

There are some cretins around that's for sure. There's also the people out exercising who expect you to get out of their way and make no effort themselves to meet in the middle (so to speak). If I'm running and I see someone, I'll Immediately cross the road to give them as much room as I can yesterday some guy was running on my side of the pavement towards me, could see me from a mile away and just kept on at me forcing me to stand right up against a hedge as he just bumbled past within about 30cm of me without even acknowledging I even existed.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Tomous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:17 am

People don't have the right mentality for this. Ultimately, society is selfish and wrapped up in each individuals own world. Anything that isn't a visible, immediate threat to a person's self is hard to get people to change their habits for.

This is why it was imperative to have good leadership through this crisis where our Government led by example. They didn't. People don't care anymore and everyone has given up. I still think the Cummings moment was pivotal and the strawberry floater left a few months later anyway! Utterly criminal really.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 am

The only issue I have in this regard really is in supermarkets, where people just strawberry floating stand right next to things for ages at a time. Makes it very frustrating to shop on the rare occasion I need more than one or two things from a supermarket.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by DML » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:19 am

Tomous wrote:People don't have the right mentality for this. Ultimately, society is selfish and wrapped up in each individuals own world. Anything that isn't a visible, immediate threat to a person's self is hard to get people to change their habits for.

This is why it was imperative to have good leadership through this crisis where our Government led by example. They didn't. People don't care anymore and everyone has given up. I still think the Cummings moment was pivotal and the strawberry floater left a few months later anyway! Utterly criminal really.


Id bet a lot of money Cummings still works for the government.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:21 am

Tomous wrote:I still think the Cummings moment was pivotal


It really was. That's when I saw people's attitudes change and people really start to take the piss.

I've followed the rules all along, but even I was having "what's the point" thoughts after Cummings. I still get those thoughts, what's the strawberry floating point of putting myself out, if everyone else is ignoring it?

I'm not selfish enough to actually follow through on my thoughts, but there are millions out there who are very very selfish.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Tomous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 am

Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:I still think the Cummings moment was pivotal


It really was. That's when I saw people's attitudes change and people really start to take the piss.

I've followed the rules all along, but even I was having "what's the point" thoughts after Cummings. I still get those thoughts, what's the strawberry floating point of putting myself out, if everyone else is ignoring it?

I'm not selfish enough to actually follow through on my thoughts, but there are millions out there who are very very selfish.




I think Pre-Cummings, society actually took it seriously and was doing pretty well. Fatigue over time was inevitable but the Gov not leading by example just meant so many people thought "strawberry float it". And it is a domino effect. People see others not caring and they stop caring.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 am

Obviously all of this is personal experience and we all have a relatively low sample rate of witnessing the general behaviour of others, but in my experience I'd say the shift away from compliance was already well under way by the time things came out around Cummings' eye test fiasco. It certainly didn't help the situation though.

People just don't like being told what to do, especially if they can't physically see a reason why they should do it. Also some people are just banana splits.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:07 am

During a Zoom meeting earlier, I found out that I am apparently an essential worker (it wasn't my boss complimenting me ;) ). It came up when somebody at the meeting mentioned their kids were at school, when we asked why, she said it's because we're classed as key workers.

I checked the government website ( https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -provision ) and it's true, my job makes me a key worker.

Which is ridiculous, there is no way the work we do is essential. :lol:

I'm keeping my son at home.

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Lex-Man » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:17 am

Moggy wrote:During a Zoom meeting earlier, I found out that I am apparently an essential worker (it wasn't my boss complimenting me ;) ). It came up when somebody at the meeting mentioned their kids were at school, when we asked why, she said it's because we're classed as key workers.

I checked the government website ( https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -provision ) and it's true, my job makes me a key worker.

Which is ridiculous, there is no way the work we do is essential. :lol:

I'm keeping my son at home.


What do you do?

EDIT: I was listening to Radio Lab and they said that Santa's were key workers in the states.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:23 am

Moggy wrote:During a Zoom meeting earlier, I found out that I am apparently an essential worker (it wasn't my boss complimenting me ;) ). It came up when somebody at the meeting mentioned their kids were at school, when we asked why, she said it's because we're classed as key workers.

I checked the government website ( https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -provision ) and it's true, my job makes me a key worker.

Which is ridiculous, there is no way the work we do is essential. :lol:

I'm keeping my son at home.

I'm in the same situation, both me and my wife count as key workers but I've taken the decision to keep the kids at home as I'm at home anyway and it seems counterproductive to increase the class size unnecessarily.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 am

Lex-Man wrote:[
What do you do?


Administration in the financial sector.

My role is probably essential for the department I'm in, it's certainly not bloody essential for the country. :lol:

Image

Return to “Stuff”