Coronavirus & stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:19 am

You can only get a cold thoguh transmission as it's a virus, so that's worrying enoughg in itself.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Trelliz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:22 am

Zilnad wrote:We could hear our neighbour coughing through the wall all night last night and she's just invited a podiatrist into her home for her monthly foot thing. I just can't believe how selfish people are.

And again, this is the woman who patrolled the street to check which houses weren't clapping for the NHS.


Is this the tree chopping vigilante/driveway pedant?

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Zilnad » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:29 am

Yeah, that's her. Sorry, I shouldn't moan or assume the worst.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:30 am

Zilnad wrote:Yeah, that's her. Sorry, I shouldn't moan or assume the worst.


She probably moved a bit too fast and is having to recover her energy.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Qikz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:35 am

Errkal wrote:I mean it could just be a cold, if it isn't a dry cough then it isn't a symptom so you would go for a test.

You are hearing a cough through the wall it seems a bit excessive to jump to their are selfish people.


Even if it's just a cold you shouldn't be trying to spread it to people. That is selfish.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Grumpy David » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Confusingly for Tier 3 in Liverpool the gyms are shut whilst in Lancashire Tier 3 they will remain open?

So we now have Tier 3A and Tier 3B?

Or Tier 3 is changing to allow the gyms to stay open. :datass:

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Photek » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:22 pm

Irelands National Public Health Team has advised that we go into FULL LOCKDOWN (apart from schools) for the next 6 weeks. :dread:

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1016/1171882-coronavirus-ireland/

Now that doesn't mean we will but the pressure on the government will now be huge as we are posting record numbers of cases.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Winckle » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Grumpy David wrote:Confusingly for Tier 3 in Liverpool the gyms are shut whilst in Lancashire Tier 3 they will remain open?

So we now have Tier 3A and Tier 3B?

Or Tier 3 is changing to allow the gyms to stay open. :datass:

Tier 3 has more options I believe.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:38 pm

The B stands for BENCH

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Karl_ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:43 pm

My partner has a persistent high fever. Even though we don't think it's likely to be coronavirus, the NHS site says she should take a test, so we ordered one.

They sent it out pretty quickly, but they have made it impossible to actually take it: you need to either fill in a web form or phone a call-centre beforehand, and neither are currently working.

I suspect this is so they can pad the "tests sent" metric while keeping the number of tests returned, and therefore positives recorded, as low as possible.

User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Grumpy David » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Karl_ wrote:My partner has a persistent high fever. Even though we don't think it's likely to be coronavirus, the NHS site says she should take a test, so we ordered one.

They sent it out pretty quickly, but they have made it impossible to actually take it: you need to either fill in a web form or phone a call-centre beforehand, and neither are currently working.

I suspect this is so they can pad the "tests sent" metric while keeping the number of tests returned, and therefore positives recorded, as low as possible.



What website are you using? I get tested every week and the easiest part of the process is registering the test. The box is surprisingly annoying to assemble!

The vaccine trial emailed me about a month ago saying this:

When you are next registering your swab kit, you might find the website has changed. Please follow the link below to correctly register your swab kit:

https://www.test-for-coronavirus.servic ... gister-kit


Maybe that helps?

User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Karl_ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:11 pm

Grumpy David wrote:What website are you using? I get tested every week and the easiest part of the process is registering the test. The box is surprisingly annoying to assemble!

The vaccine trial emailed me about a month ago saying this:

When you are next registering your swab kit, you might find the website has changed. Please follow the link below to correctly register your swab kit:

https://www.test-for-coronavirus.servic ... gister-kit


Maybe that helps?

Thanks - we're using the equivalent for home tests on that site, https://www.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/register-home-test. It lets you fill the whole form, then says "There is a problem, please try again" right at the end. Tested multiple devices etc, probably dozens of times now!

The call-centre is also dead. After the initial robot answer it's just silent, no indication of whether you're in a queue or even still connected to anything.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Hope it works out ok Karl

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Godzilla » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:24 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54566566

Fortnight Covid 'fire-break' lockdown within days in Wales


People in Wales are facing a national lockdown lasting at least two weeks in plans described as a "fire-break" by the first minister.

Mark Drakeford said it would be a "short, sharp" circuit-breaker to slow down the virus.

He said a decision was likely to be made on Monday, while talks continue with health officials, scientific advisors and councils over the weekend.

"Doing nothing is not an option," he said.

"A 'fire-break' would also mean a short, sharp shock to all our lives.


Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Jenuall » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:27 pm

According to friends working in government the Wales 'circuit break' has already been agreed upon and communicated internally. They're just warning on the timing and method of how to explain it to everyone

Image
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Dual » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Jenuall wrote:According to friends working in government the Wales 'circuit break' has already been agreed upon and communicated internally. They're just warning on the timing and method of how to explain it to everyone


Lines up with my sources.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by OrangeRKN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:02 pm

It'll be the weirdest Nintendo Direct announcement yet

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by satriales » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Boris' argument against a national lockdown is that it would be unfair to Cornwall, but Patrick Vallance has just 5 minutes later said that rate of transmission is increasing everywhere in the country.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Dual » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Cornwall :lol:

User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Karl_ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Hope it works out ok Karl

Thanks :wub: we weren't able to get through today unfortunately. But in terms of her health, the fever is the only symptom and she's in good spirits besides that, so we're not too worried yet.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bunni, Tafdolphin and 142 guests