Coronavirus & stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 am

Image

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 am

Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Image


:lol:

Image
User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Christopher » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Image


:lol:

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Hexx » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:39 am



No matter what the state we're in there's going to be a pass for Christmas. The Tories won't be able to resist "BORIS SAVES CHRISTMAS" headlines, and we already know their voters don't care about deaths caused.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:44 am

Image

Image
User avatar
Supachipz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Supachipz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am

Rex Kramer wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:I'm confused why that changes having to go into the six day lockdown though?

I guess because they can now trace all his contacts. Maybe they were assuming he caught the virus elsewhere as being in a shop only to collect a pizza might not be sufficient exposure to catch it.



Basically, what happened was, there was the original close contact of the hotel quarantine worker who tested positive. The close contact worked in the pizza shop.

Then another person tested positive, when quizzed by the contact tracers he told them he was at the pizza shop briefly collecting a takeaway pizza. This lead the contract tracing team to believe that the virus had been transferred to him via being on the surface of the pizza/box, our first case of local transmission. As a result they decided that due to this concern, if one person caught it off a surface, then technically any of the people that visited the pizza shop, got a delivery or got takeaway was at risk of catching the virus. This was estimated to be up to 10,000 people across the city and as such, had the potential to spread really quickly,

However, after we got a few days of no cases other than those that were close contacts to the original pizza worker, they decided to take a closer look into this supposed local transmission which they then found actually didn’t just buy a pizza, but actually worked at the pizza shop for several shifts alongside the original positive case, thus was a close contact and not a local transmission.

Therefore, the lockdown was ultimately not required as they had no other proof of surface transmission and so have moved the end of the lockdown to tomorrow midnight to enable them to contract trace the people that will now be implicated because of the lier. We were however allowed to exercise outdoors straight away

They acted completely in good faith with the lockdown, but the press (as expected) are going in on them heavily.

The sad thing is, there is currently nothing in the legislation that allows them to charge the lier with anything criminal and so is likely to get off. The police commissioner and premier are understandably livid though and have set up an inquiry to to see if there is anyway they can charge him.

It’s also since come out that it’s a teenager, who was likely working cash in hand and hence didn’t tell the truth in the first place.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:28 pm

strawberry float

Last edited by Victor Mildew on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Big Covid news there ;)

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:32 pm

Oh for strawberry float sake

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:08 pm

My mum just text me to tell me about a big argument she saw in Tesco.

A woman was trying to pay for her shopping and her clubcard wouldn’t work. The woman licked her finger, rubbed it over the card and then handed it back to the cashier. :lol: The cashier refused to accept the card back and told her that, with a pandemic raging, she shouldn’t be licking things. The woman then exploded in anger and was screaming that she wanted her clubcard point. Eventually a security guard had to order the woman to get out of the store.

strawberry float me. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 pm

That's ridiculous! :lol:

Clubcard points are serious business!

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by OrangeRKN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:46 pm

All that and yet not one lick of remorse

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Alright, you've made your point. :capnscotty:

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by captain red dog » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Moggy wrote:My mum just text me to tell me about a big argument she saw in Tesco.

A woman was trying to pay for her shopping and her clubcard wouldn’t work. The woman licked her finger, rubbed it over the card and then handed it back to the cashier. :lol: The cashier refused to accept the card back and told her that, with a pandemic raging, she shouldn’t be licking things. The woman then exploded in anger and was screaming that she wanted her clubcard point. Eventually a security guard had to order the woman to get out of the store.

strawberry float me. :lol:

I think people are starting to lose it. My mum said earlier she was in a Tesco and saw a woman come around the corner into an aisle and a person in the aisle nearly clashed trolleys and went absolutely mental. People seem to be completely losing it. :(

User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Trelliz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:32 pm

captain red dog wrote:
Moggy wrote:My mum just text me to tell me about a big argument she saw in Tesco.

A woman was trying to pay for her shopping and her clubcard wouldn’t work. The woman licked her finger, rubbed it over the card and then handed it back to the cashier. :lol: The cashier refused to accept the card back and told her that, with a pandemic raging, she shouldn’t be licking things. The woman then exploded in anger and was screaming that she wanted her clubcard point. Eventually a security guard had to order the woman to get out of the store.

strawberry float me. :lol:

I think people are starting to lose it. My mum said earlier she was in a Tesco and saw a woman come around the corner into an aisle and a person in the aisle nearly clashed trolleys and went absolutely mental. People seem to be completely losing it. :(


Its the length of time this has been going on for mixed into the normal pre-christmas stress and amplified by the uncertainty. I go food shopping at 6am now as there's basically nobody around and most people up that early just want to get stuff and get out.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by gaminglegend » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Anyone else feeling peed off about this whole lock down November, but lets have 5 normal days in December to just lockdown again in January. People were always going to do what they wanted come Christmas. So if the plan is literally to go back in lockdown in January tell us now. We can at least mentally prepare for it, and businesses can also prepare.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:11 pm

My mam has just tested positive. She's 360 miles away, and now I'm worried.

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Karl_ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 pm

Sorry to hear that SEP.

User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Christopher » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:30 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:My mam has just tested positive. She's 360 miles away, and now I'm worried.


Sorry to hear man, hope she gets through it okay. Thoughts are with you.


Return to “Stuff”