Coronavirus & stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 am

twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1379348787618066437



:fp:

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Errkal » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 am

Where are these people staying if they are tourists if the hotels are all shut ?

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Lex-Man » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:11 am

Air b&b?

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Errkal » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:18 am

Lex-Man wrote:Air b&b?


Hadn't thought of that, yeah I guess, daft as hell that it is still "ok" to rent your gooseberry fool on AirBnB!

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:31 am

Errkal wrote:Where are these people staying if they are tourists if the hotels are all shut ?


Probz getting 5 bed houses paid by taxpayers while r troopz r on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Squinty » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:44 am

UK government once again proving to be strawberry floating imbeciles.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Jenuall » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:50 am

He's doing his best!

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:30 pm

Watched the Boris conference yesterday, the first time I've watched one in quite a while and it seems like he's gained a bigger budget for them. I thought he just did it in a room in Downing Street with them two blokes.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by OrangeRKN » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:38 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Watched the Boris conference yesterday, the first time I've watched one in quite a while and it seems like he's gained a bigger budget for them. I thought he just did it in a room in Downing Street with them two blokes.


https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56295191

tl;dr Downing Street has spent more than £2.6m on a new white house style media briefing room. It's all a bit ridiculous but completely fitting to a populist leader and the increased tory focus on controlling the media and using it as a self-serving propaganda tool.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - @OrangeRakoon - Top 5 Games of 2020 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 pm

What a waste of blooming money tbh, feels like a vanity project

Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Tomous » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:44 pm

It's worse than a vanity project, it's another cog in the Tory propaganda machine.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by DML » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:21 pm

I yearn for the day Labour lead and repaint it red.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Tomous » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:20 pm

DML wrote:I yearn for the day Labour lead and repaint it red.



It would be magenta if Keir Starmer somehow managed to get in.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other

The pace of first-dose vaccinations looks set to slow significantly for several weeks after a downwards revision in official forecasts and a delay in the import of 5 million doses from India now expected to last until at least June.

A modelling paper produced for the Sage scientific advisory committee said the pace of England’s vaccination programme could be squeezed to 2.7m a week until the end of July, leaving little surplus for first doses until tens of millions of second doses had been administered.

Published on Monday, the paper said that “the central rollout scenario” provided to academics by the Cabinet Office was considerably slower than previously used.

That, the document added, amounted to “an average of 2.7m doses a week in England until the end of July (2m thereafter)”, which was compared with “3.2m a week in the previous iteration (3.9m thereafter)”.



All going the direction that I expected it to :roll: not enough young people in my opinion will be vaccinated before everything is opened back up.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:46 pm

Can see myself not getting vaccinated this year. Brother, sister in law and mum have all had theirs and I'm hoping my wife will get one soon enough(we're both fairly chronic asthma sufferers, her much worse than me), so I can't really complain!

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:05 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:Can see myself not getting vaccinated this year. Brother, sister in law and mum have all had theirs and I'm hoping my wife will get one soon enough(we're both fairly chronic asthma sufferers, her much worse than me), so I can't really complain!


Yeah I’m no longer expecting it until late summer at least if not longer. I really hope I’m wrong.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by DML » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:45 pm

Watch them miss the timeframe for the second vaccinations.

Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Grumpy David » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:45 pm

I don't think that article takes into account Novavax coming online. I think Johnson & Johnson isn't likely to arrive till June so may be the 5th vaccine with Novavax the 4th.

Novavax may get approved as soon as this month. It has efficacy levels similar to BioNtech and Moderna but the cold chain distribution is a standard fridge temperature rather than minus 70c or minus 20c so it's far less of a logistical headache.

Novavax is meant to have vastly more supply (and it's a domestic supply chain with the final process of fill and finish here too and no row with the EU is possible since the EU hasn't even signed a contract for Novavax yet) than the initial 500k Modena is sending to UK in 2 weeks so actually has the potential to really ramp up the 1st doses so as young & healthy people aren't waiting to the end of summer.

Similar to the 1st doses first policy which no one argues against anymore, I've seen the idea of Moderna being half dosed as it's basically the same as the BioNtech vaccine which is a less concentrated dose and still delivers amazing results. Would ensure twice as many people can get a 1st dose sooner than later.

And by June, the USA will probably be exporting vaccines in huge numbers since their roll out has been so successful. They're expecting all adults to be able to get their 1st dose later this month and probably won't even need any of the Oxford vaccine if they ever get round to approving it.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:47 am

Grumpy David wrote:I don't think that article takes into account Novavax coming online. I think Johnson & Johnson isn't likely to arrive till June so may be the 5th vaccine with Novavax the 4th.

Novavax may get approved as soon as this month. It has efficacy levels similar to BioNtech and Moderna but the cold chain distribution is a standard fridge temperature rather than minus 70c or minus 20c so it's far less of a logistical headache.

Novavax is meant to have vastly more supply (and it's a domestic supply chain with the final process of fill and finish here too and no row with the EU is possible since the EU hasn't even signed a contract for Novavax yet) than the initial 500k Modena is sending to UK in 2 weeks so actually has the potential to really ramp up the 1st doses so as young & healthy people aren't waiting to the end of summer.

Similar to the 1st doses first policy which no one argues against anymore, I've seen the idea of Moderna being half dosed as it's basically the same as the BioNtech vaccine which is a less concentrated dose and still delivers amazing results. Would ensure twice as many people can get a 1st dose sooner than later.

And by June, the USA will probably be exporting vaccines in huge numbers since their roll out has been so successful. They're expecting all adults to be able to get their 1st dose later this month and probably won't even need any of the Oxford vaccine if they ever get round to approving it.


I’m hopeful the other vaccines will increase our supply and see us through. Hopefully I’m just being a bit pessimistic.

In other news an old friend of mine has just gone full anti-vac on Facebook posting a number of conspiracies whilst insisting that he’s not anti vaccines but ‘these links make you think’ :fp: :dread:

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Victor Mildew » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:08 am

Mrs has got her first jab this evening (Kenneth.jpg). No sign of my letter yet :x

Edit: Just got my letter. Bill Gates :wub:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Akai XIII, Chocolate-Milk, Peter Crisp, Tafdolphin and 143 guests