Coronavirus & stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Didn’t the Tories (Cummings) keep insisting that children don’t spread the virus? If so why are they shutting schools in Leicester? Also if people want to do non essential shopping they will just drive to the next town and shop there instead.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Didn’t the Tories (Cummings) keep insisting that children don’t spread the virus? If so why are they shutting schools in Leicester? Also if people want to do non essential shopping they will just drive to the next town and shop there instead.


Tories gonna Tory.

It'll be interesting to see if people in Leicester listen to this. There might be a lot of trips to Durham....

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Vermilion » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 am

If i was in charge of Barnard's Castle, i'd be really looking forward to reopening properly as there's gonna be an absolute ton of people wanting to visit.

They couldn't have asked for better publicity if they tried.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 am

Moggy wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Didn’t the Tories (Cummings) keep insisting that children don’t spread the virus? If so why are they shutting schools in Leicester? Also if people want to do non essential shopping they will just drive to the next town and shop there instead.


Tories gonna Tory.

It'll be interesting to see if people in Leicester listen to this. There might be a lot of trips to Durham....


Nothing will change. They just won’t be able to visit shops that are forced to closed and the kids won’t be in school. Everything will carry on as normal.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:24 am

It'll be interesting to see whether they make any changes to Leicester to Nottingham trains at the weekend with Nottingham pubs opening up.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Squinty » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 am

It's gonna be like that scene in The Office where Michael Scott declares bankruptcy by just shouting it, but not actually doing it.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Cuttooth » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:34 am

He didn't shout it, he declared it.

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Lex-Man » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:22 am

Squinty wrote:It's gonna be like that scene in The Office where Michael Scott declares bankruptcy by just shouting it, but not actually doing it.


Well Boris just described himself FDR like because of the huge amount of money he's going to spend rebuilding the country while announcing no new funding, so he's got previous.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Captain Kinopio » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:59 am

Where did Boris describe himself like FDR.

I need to see that because that is a level of self delusion which is so breathtaking that it’s hard to believe he was able to utter it without his mind collapsing like a dying star the millisecond it sparked to life in the soggy walnut of a brain he has inside his stupid strawberry floating head.


FDR for strawberry float sake.
strawberry floating FDR.

Staggering.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Memento Mori » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:00 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:Where did Boris describe himself like FDR.

I need to see that because that is a level of self delusion which is so breathtaking that it’s hard to believe he was able to utter it without his mind collapsing like a dying star the millisecond it sparked to life in the soggy walnut of a brain he has inside his stupid strawberry floating head.


FDR for strawberry float sake.
strawberry floating FDR.

Staggering.

He had a Times Radio interview yesterday.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Drumstick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:Where did Boris describe himself like FDR.

I need to see that because that is a level of self delusion which is so breathtaking that it’s hard to believe he was able to utter it without his mind collapsing like a dying star the millisecond it sparked to life in the soggy walnut of a brain he has inside his stupid strawberry floating head.


FDR for strawberry float sake.
strawberry floating FDR.

Staggering.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ay-critics

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:13 am

The floppy haired twat spends more time comparing himself to historic leaders than he does actually doing the strawberry floating job he was so desperate to get. Anyone empowering this deluded arsewipe is just as culpable as he is.

User avatar
andretmzt
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Fareham

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by andretmzt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 am

The odd thing I find about him mentioning FDR is whether anyone knows who the strawberry float he is talking about or anything about the New Deal. I'm more interested in politics than the average person and I'd still describe my knowledge as being slim to none.

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:54 am

The New Deal is such an interesting part of history - is definitely recommend reading up on it Andre. Funnily enough I’m reading a biography of FDR’s press secretary Steve Early - the first modern US press secretary and a forerunner of, erm, Sarah Sanders. He did an incredible job helping FDR sell the New Deal to the American people.

Captain Kinopio wrote:Where did Boris describe himself like FDR.

I need to see that because that is a level of self delusion which is so breathtaking that it’s hard to believe he was able to utter it without his mind collapsing like a dying star the millisecond it sparked to life in the soggy walnut of a brain he has inside his stupid strawberry floating head.


FDR for strawberry float sake.
strawberry floating FDR.

Staggering.


I mean I’ve seen them both described as fascist so I suppose there’s that?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Moggy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:35 pm

I think it's just Johnson's way of telling us that he's started banging a woman called Eleanor.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Squinty » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:46 pm

People looking at the finer print say it's the same amount of money, over a longer period. This needs to be clarified.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Rocsteady » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:47 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:The New Deal is such an interesting part of history - is definitely recommend reading up on it Andre. Funnily enough I’m reading a biography of FDR’s press secretary Steve Early - the first modern US press secretary and a forerunner of, erm, Sarah Sanders. He did an incredible job helping FDR sell the New Deal to the American people.

Captain Kinopio wrote:Where did Boris describe himself like FDR.

I need to see that because that is a level of self delusion which is so breathtaking that it’s hard to believe he was able to utter it without his mind collapsing like a dying star the millisecond it sparked to life in the soggy walnut of a brain he has inside his stupid strawberry floating head.


FDR for strawberry float sake.
strawberry floating FDR.

Staggering.


I mean I’ve seen them both described as fascist so I suppose there’s that?

Sounds like an interesting book, is it an enjoyable read?

Finished Bernays's Crystalising Public Opinion the other day, thought it was a very interesting look at early marketing techniques/PR.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm

Squinty wrote:People looking at the finer print say it's the same amount of money, over a longer period. This needs to be clarified.

It won't be.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Cuttooth » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:56 pm

£5bn is barely anything anyway. It's all designed for those who felt the tiny sliver of our taxes that went to the EU budget was some astronomical figure because we don't tend to manage household budgets that are the equivalent of the country's GDP.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Photek » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Haven't read anything but FDR started hiring people to build government backed schemes on a massive scale called 'The New Deal' to get the US out of the crash of 1929. Is boris attempting to do the same?

As an aside - Does anyone watch America in Colour on Smithsonian Channel? It's incredible, high def colour footage from 1910 all the way up to the 70's.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Heskimo, kerr9000, RichardUK, Snowcannon, The Watching Artist, Tineash and 49 guests