Currently playing in 2019...

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Wedgie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)

Started it today and I can see why it’s not as good as other games by the same developer. But it’s still interesting enough for me to carry on. The story is hookum bullshit and it doesn’t help that the main game’s timeline is mixed up as you progress through the game.

Just as well I’m a huge fan of games like this, so I shall carry on.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Squinty » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:51 am

Pedz wrote:
Squinty wrote:Killed some bird boss on a bridge in Ys. It's a good game, can't remember who recommended it on here, but thanks very much.

The music in this is just pure headbangery. Beautiful piano stuff as well.


I'd guess it was SoK.


I thought it was him, but wasn't 100%.

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Tsunade » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Deemo (demo ver) - Nintendo switch
I did have this on my phone till I ran out of memory and had to delete it. Shame there's only 5 songs in the demo, the mobile version gave yoiu the whole first book for free, and then you bought the additional books separately. I'm tempted to get the whole version again, the songs are beautiful and the game can get addicting.

Image
Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by KK » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Still playing DiRT Rally - thought I'd try and get through some more before moving on to DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally 2. Have to admit it's not been my favourite McRae game; probably my least, in fact. At times it feels like a monumental slog, many of the tracks in career repeating in quick succession to the point of tedium, while unlocking new vehicles takes ages. The difficulty curve is also enormous, the tracks narrower than any prior incarnation (which is a nightmare in the snow).

I think I play it so much however because it's perfectly easy to pick up for a few races and then stop, and more and more games these days just lack that quality.

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Trelliz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:27 am

Yakuza Kiwami - PS4

Its nice to be back in Kamurocho again, it really does feel familiar after all the time i spent there in 0. I'm a few hours in and so far so yakuza - a complex plot of intrigue, honour and betrayal punctuated with odd side missions and a plethora of things to do in a small but dense environment. I definitely think playing 0 first is the way to go - it makes the characters' lives, deaths and betrayals matter all that much more, plus the game dumps a lot of things like the combat styles on you with minimal instruction whereas 0 takes its time introducing them to you.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:08 am

Flower Sun and Rain on the DS. Loving it so far. Any game that goes in to excruciating detail about Roberto Baggio's 1994 penalty miss is alright with me.

Image
Image
fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by fry87 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 am

Gravity Rush 2 - Was looking for something to play whilst waiting for KH3 and remembered I had this downloaded. For the most part it's good fun. I love the gravity shifting as a means of getting about and can waste lots of time just floating around collecting stuff. Combats good and there is some variety to the missions - particularly the side missions. Main issues I have are that a lot of the missions tend to drag on longer than they should (too many stages of doing the same thing) and also the missions that involve stealth and not using your powers, which definitely doesn't play to the games strengths. A solid if unspectacular sequel, think I'm almost half way through and would currently give it a 7.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Photek » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:48 am

Middle Earth Shadow of War:
I got this a year ago at the same time as AC Origins and this didn't really get a look in. With the furore over the micro transactions I then waited till they were patched out entirely but only played a few hours here and there, then I got AC Odyssey, and Red Dead 2 so kinda resigned this to the scrap heap.

Randomly booted it up yesterday and did the next main mission and it was Chapter 1 over. A few hours later and now I'm loving it. The meta game of captains and the upcoming siege and the slightly complex mechanics under the hood of pit fights, assasins and body guards etc is really interesting. It's REALLY good, and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in, in the coming weeks.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Garth13
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Garth13 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:28 am

Playing Legends of Aria for nearly 2 weeks now. It is currently in pre release / Early access before release on Steam on the 18th. It has a lot of promise and does take me back to the good old days of UO minus tram. But also has updated graphics and some good features from other games. I would recommend a look.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:58 am

Rayman Legends on PS4. I've beaten all the main levels now I have a bunch of those invaded and Origins levels to beat plus the Living Dead Party world.

Image
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Travis Strikes Again on Switch. And this game is a bit all over the place, whilst I do appreciate them having various different types of games, but so far (I'm currently on the third game) it's all been slashy slashy with the beam katana without any strategy.

Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Yubel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:46 pm

Just started Just Cause 4.

Enjoying it so far and, aside from being a bit rough around the edges graphically, it's a great looking game which feels much fuller, more densely packed than 3. It plays really smooth as well - the results of doubling down on optimisation seem to have paid off rather gracefully.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Vermilion » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Trelliz wrote:Yakuza Kiwami - PS4

Its nice to be back in Kamurocho again, it really does feel familiar after all the time i spent there in 0. I'm a few hours in and so far so yakuza - a complex plot of intrigue, honour and betrayal punctuated with odd side missions and a plethora of things to do in a small but dense environment. I definitely think playing 0 first is the way to go - it makes the characters' lives, deaths and betrayals matter all that much more, plus the game dumps a lot of things like the combat styles on you with minimal instruction whereas 0 takes its time introducing them to you.


Kiwami 2 is even better, as is Song of Life, though it is best (as you said having started with 0) to play them in order.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by OrangeRKN » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 am

Yubel wrote:Just started Just Cause 4.

Enjoying it so far and, aside from being a bit rough around the edges graphically, it's a great looking game which feels much fuller, more densely packed than 3. It plays really smooth as well - the results of doubling down on optimisation seem to have paid off rather gracefully.


Very glad to hear this!

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Vermilion » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:20 pm



My game clock is now at 115 hours.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Tafdolphin » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Image


Took all strawberry floating evening did that. Left the wife on the couch watching Daredevil whilst I chummed it up with my clan and ran the multiple steps required. But, it was worth it: the thing is dangerously OP.

I am totally lost to Destiny 2 at this point.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Hexx » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Image


Took all strawberry floating evening did that. Left the wife on the couch watching Daredevil whilst I chummed it up with my clan and ran the multiple steps required. But, it was worth it: the thing is dangerously OP.

I am totally lost to Destiny 2 at this point.


I did the strike with a buddy.

We burned the boss to fair during the middle phase. He came out of his barrier (still up, and him still immune) with no head and completely stomped us.

Fade to orbit :(

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Tafdolphin » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Hexx wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Image


Took all strawberry floating evening did that. Left the wife on the couch watching Daredevil whilst I chummed it up with my clan and ran the multiple steps required. But, it was worth it: the thing is dangerously OP.

I am totally lost to Destiny 2 at this point.


I did the strike with a buddy.

We burned the boss to fair during the middle phase. He came out of his barrier (still up, and him still immune) with no head and completely stomped us.

Fade to orbit :(


The Pyramidion bit? Yeah that was the toughest bit by far. We had a Hunter with Celestial Nighthawk in our team and he almost one-shotted the boss with 1k Voices and my Well of Radiance. It was mental.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Hexx » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Image


Took all strawberry floating evening did that. Left the wife on the couch watching Daredevil whilst I chummed it up with my clan and ran the multiple steps required. But, it was worth it: the thing is dangerously OP.

I am totally lost to Destiny 2 at this point.


I did the strike with a buddy.

We burned the boss to fair during the middle phase. He came out of his barrier (still up, and him still immune) with no head and completely stomped us.

Fade to orbit :(


The Pyramidion bit? Yeah that was the toughest bit by far. We had a Hunter with Celestial Nighthawk in our team and he almost one-shotted the boss with 1k Voices and my Well of Radiance. It was mental.


Yeah we got him to 10% health after he teleported but before he put up immunity shield. Bugged it out.

Him rampaging arena, still being immune, with all the adds defending plates (to bring down immunity shield) caught us completely off guard. I'm sure it was doable - but not by us and not after being surprised!

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Tafdolphin » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:08 pm

With the Burden done, I now only have 1 item I really, really want...and that's One Thousand Voices. I've run Last Wish 5 times now and not a sniff of it. Apparently the droprate is hideously low but I'll keep running that damn raid till I get it.

Almost got Wish Ender (1/3 cleansed tokens) but I only really want it so I can get started on the egg stuff.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HailToTheKingBaby!, KjGarly, Red 5 stella, Saint of Killers, Skarjo, suzzopher and 34 guests