Currently playing in 2019...

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Yubel » Mon May 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Remember Me is one of those games I wish I'd had time for back when it was released.

Anyways, I'm currently 11 collosi into SoTC and I can definitely see why it achieved the status it has. The world is especially atmospheric and quietly draws you in, while the collosus' themselves all feel appropriately unwieldy (like the controls at times) but there seems to be a sadness in bringing each of them down and I can't quite put my finger on why just yet.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Rex Kramer » Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 am

Two pronged gaming approach for me at the moment

Gems of War (Switch) - Free to play Puzzle Quest crossed with a hint of Hearthstone. Been playing for a couple of weeks now and racked up over 20 hours without spending a penny. Not had a point either where I've hit a paywall. Unless you've no restraint when it comes to these kinds of games and can't help spending money then I'd definite recommend it.

Nier Automata (PS4) - strawberry float me the first level is an absolute bastard. Not had something like that since that strawberry floating first level on Driver. Ended up having to switch to easy because there was no way I was going to play through that strawberry floating level one more time. I'd have quite happily kept at it if there were mid-level save points but I'm not playing 30-40 minutes at a time just to get back to the same point. Got past it and now the game is opening up and looks really interesting.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Photek » Tue May 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Wargroove, apart from some difficulty spikes this coming to Gamepass is a god send.

I picked up Gang Beasts in a sale, its hilarious online, This one guy was winning cos he just kept staying away from all the fighting...

Image
:nod:

I'm still enjoying PUBG also, nothing quite like a shotgun headshot. :datass:
Image

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
Gemini73

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Gemini73 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Nier Automata (PS4) - strawberry float me the first level is an absolute bastard. Not had something like that since that strawberry floating first level on Driver. Ended up having to switch to easy because there was no way I was going to play through that strawberry floating level one more time. I'd have quite happily kept at it if there were mid-level save points but I'm not playing 30-40 minutes at a time just to get back to the same point. Got past it and now the game is opening up and looks really interesting.


Yep that's a strawberry floater and no mistake. My first few attempts were cut short by the game crashing just as I defeated the first boss. Took a break for a few weeks because it enraged me. Reinstalled, started again and managed to get to the save point. Haven't returned since because other games.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by OrangeRKN » Tue May 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Started Fallout 76 as planned. It's a very pretty game no doubt and while it's early days so far so good. Certainly better than expected. I think, much like Conan Exiles, I'm going to enjoy the camp building element most of all.


Camp building :wub:

How did you get on with Mount and Blade in the end? Hopefully my heartfelt recommendation wasn't a bad one :lol:

Photek wrote:Gang Beasts


If you get a chance to play this in local multiplayer, it's so much fun. Utter chaos, and weirdly competitive and skill-based :lol:

Gemini73

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Gemini73 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:25 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Started Fallout 76 as planned. It's a very pretty game no doubt and while it's early days so far so good. Certainly better than expected. I think, much like Conan Exiles, I'm going to enjoy the camp building element most of all.


Camp building :wub:

How did you get on with Mount and Blade in the end? Hopefully my heartfelt recommendation wasn't a bad one :lol:



Played it for a few hours and really enjoyed it, even if it is a bit ropey. Another game I will have to return to, but yeah thanks for the recommendation.

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by imbusydoctorwho » Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm

More Phoenix Wright just completed the fourth episode, and the credits rolled only for the game to have a secret fifth case, look forward to trying that one later.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Robbo-92 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm

Just started Celeste, hopefully I’ll enjoy it (and unlike some other games (Hollow Knight mainly)) I’ll actually stick with it till the end.

Image

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Godzilla » Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Neir Automata - just started this on my PS4. Bloody lovely stuff so far. It's very different and very open. I'm chatting to random robots and trying to upgrade and unlock stuff. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing but it's all just enjoyable and plays well. The plot is fascinating and the little robots are very cute.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Robbo-92 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:38 am

Just finished chapter 2 of Celeste, so far so good :) Not even had to turn assist mode on yet either :lol:

Image

Image
deathofcows
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by deathofcows » Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 am

Robbo-92 wrote:Just finished chapter 2 of Celeste, so far so good :) Not even had to turn assist mode on yet either :lol:


I am excited for your journey in Celeste!

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Robbo-92 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:37 am

deathofcows wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Just finished chapter 2 of Celeste, so far so good :) Not even had to turn assist mode on yet either :lol:


I am excited for your journey in Celeste!


Not had chance to make a start in chapter 3 but I’m looking forward to it!

Image

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Saint of Killers » Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Hollow Knight :wub: Just beat the second boss (though I suspect she'll end up being an ally) and got the dash cloak.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Gemini73

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Gemini73 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Nearly finished Days Gone and so might start God of War next.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Robbo-92 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Hollow Knight :wub: Just beat the second boss (though I suspect she'll end up being an ally) and got the dash cloak.


Thats the point I got up to, not played it properly since as I don’t know where to go :lol: When I’ve finished Celeste I’ll try and give it another go as I do mean to go back to it.

Image

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Saint of Killers » Sat May 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Hollow Knight :wub: Just beat the second boss (though I suspect she'll end up being an ally) and got the dash cloak.


Thats the point I got up to, not played it properly since as I don’t know where to go :lol: When I’ve finished Celeste I’ll try and give it another go as I do mean to go back to it.




See where my ghost is? That's where I made for.

edit: Yup, it's the right place: you need dash cloak to progress beyond a certain point in the area.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Robbo-92 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Hollow Knight :wub: Just beat the second boss (though I suspect she'll end up being an ally) and got the dash cloak.


Thats the point I got up to, not played it properly since as I don’t know where to go :lol: When I’ve finished Celeste I’ll try and give it another go as I do mean to go back to it.




See where my ghost is? That's where I made for.

edit: Yup, it's the right place: you need dash cloak to progress beyond a certain point in the area.


Thanks! I will head there next time I load it up, if I still can’t progress I think I’ll just start again :lol:

Image

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Saint of Killers » Sat May 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Hollow Knight :wub: Just beat the second boss (though I suspect she'll end up being an ally) and got the dash cloak.


Thats the point I got up to, not played it properly since as I don’t know where to go :lol: When I’ve finished Celeste I’ll try and give it another go as I do mean to go back to it.




See where my ghost is? That's where I made for.

edit: Yup, it's the right place: you need dash cloak to progress beyond a certain point in the area.


Thanks! I will head there next time I load it up, if I still can’t progress I think I’ll just start again :lol:


I was half right :slol: Youcan go there, but it's not the next proper area. Still worth a visit. Will update you when I find next zone.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Robbo-92 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Hollow Knight :wub: Just beat the second boss (though I suspect she'll end up being an ally) and got the dash cloak.


Thats the point I got up to, not played it properly since as I don’t know where to go :lol: When I’ve finished Celeste I’ll try and give it another go as I do mean to go back to it.




See where my ghost is? That's where I made for.

edit: Yup, it's the right place: you need dash cloak to progress beyond a certain point in the area.


Thanks! I will head there next time I load it up, if I still can’t progress I think I’ll just start again :lol:


I was half right :slol: Youcan go there, but it's not the next proper area. Still worth a visit. Will update you when I find next zone.


Thanks! I know this genre of games likes to put progression in the hands of the player but I do sometimes wish there was an option where you can get hints about where to go next if you want them. Would certainly help as sometimes if I get lost I might not pick up a game for months and by that time I’m truly lost!

Image

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently playing in 2019...
by Saint of Killers » Sat May 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Hollow Knight :wub: Just beat the second boss (though I suspect she'll end up being an ally) and got the dash cloak.


Thats the point I got up to, not played it properly since as I don’t know where to go :lol: When I’ve finished Celeste I’ll try and give it another go as I do mean to go back to it.




See where my ghost is? That's where I made for.

edit: Yup, it's the right place: you need dash cloak to progress beyond a certain point in the area.


Thanks! I will head there next time I load it up, if I still can’t progress I think I’ll just start again :lol:


I was half right :slol: Youcan go there, but it's not the next proper area. Still worth a visit. Will update you when I find next zone.


Thanks! I know this genre of games likes to put progression in the hands of the player but I do sometimes wish there was an option where you can get hints about where to go next if you want them. Would certainly help as sometimes if I get lost I might not pick up a game for months and by that time I’m truly lost!


Agree. I gave up on Axion Verge for similar reasons: I knew where some branching paths were but I couldn't keep tabs of all of them and so eventually got lost and frustrated and gave up. AV's workaround was giving the player the ability to mark points of interest on the map. HK gives you many more markers. Though they have to be bought but are pretty cheap. So I use the red and blue markers as sorts of manual hints of places I couldn't progress at the time. Not the best system, but better than wandering about going back and forth in a circle.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Crimson, D_C, HSH28, ITSMILNER, Met, PaperMacheMario, Photek, Saint of Killers and 48 guests