Currently Playing in 2020...

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Best boy
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Kriken » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 am

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - been really enjoying this. It's a lot like GTA but streamlined in a lot of ways. The pace is snappier and there's fun, albeit fairly simple, combat mechanics and an upgrades system. I prefer the tone of it as well. It's irreverent but not a constant cynical piss-take. I'm pretty surprised by it, and I got it for only a couple of quid on Steam.

Breath of the Wild (Switch) - been ploughing through my first playthrough of this on the Switch, as I've beaten on Wii U a couple of times. Once by myself and another time with my niece and nephew since they wanted to watch. I'm enjoying how it performs a lot better in some areas and how it's good in portable mode.

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Lotus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 am

Because I can't stick to one game at the moment, I've also been playing:

Soul Calibur II
I originally had this on the Xbox, and damn, it still holds up well. I'm playing it on the Gamecube this time, and playing as Link is interesting I guess, but I prefer Spawn from the Xbox version I think. It's great when, every now and then, you have a sequence of blocking, ducking, dodging, and striking, and it's like a choreographed fight scene from a martial arts film or something. :datass:
Probably my favourite fighting game alongside Tekken 3.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Cuttooth » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:55 am

Using Link's basic throw to spam cheap ring outs. :datass:

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by OrangeRKN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:56 am

Kriken wrote:Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - been really enjoying this. It's a lot like GTA but streamlined in a lot of ways. The pace is snappier and there's fun, albeit fairly simple, combat mechanics and an upgrades system. I prefer the tone of it as well. It's irreverent but not a constant cynical piss-take. I'm pretty surprised by it, and I got it for only a couple of quid on Steam.


One day everyone on the forum will have played and loved Sleeping Dogs, and all will be right with the world

Apart from in actual Hong Kong :(

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Lotus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:35 pm

Cuttooth wrote:Using Link's basic throw to spam cheap ring outs. :datass:

I'll have to try that. :shifty:

Also, I don't know how teenage me didn't notice when I first played this, but one of the character's costumes is...revealing. In some lighting she looks like she's topless, and in some of the 'cut scenes' where it's black and white, she looks completely nude. How did they get away with that? :lol:

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Ironhide » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Lotus wrote:I don't know how teenage me didn't notice when I first played this, but one of the character's costumes is...revealing. In some lighting she looks like she's topless, and in some of the 'cut scenes' where it's black and white, she looks completely nude. How did they get away with that? :lol:


Taki I'm assuming?

Ivy's outfit was always something that I kind of dreaded my mum seeing so I always used her 2nd costume (the more period appropriate :roll: blouse and knee high boots combo) although my sister (who was about six at the time) always played as Voldo and no-one seemed to notice how pervy his outfit was.

Still think Sophitia was the most perverted character purely for her "Heaven and Hell" move in which she ends up sitting on her opponents face and doing a slightly aroused giggle before slamming them to the ground, [Harry Hill]dirty girl![/Harry Hill]

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Tomous » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Wonderful 101 - i absolutely love this now I've figured out what I'm meant to be doing. The tone and characters are a lot of fun and the combat is really satisfying now it makes sense. Criminal it bombed on the Wii U but as a Wii U owner who didn't buy it I was part of the problem. On a related note this port really needed a bit more work to sort out the previous gamepad functionality. What they've done is clearly the quickest option and honestly a bit of a mess.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm

TitanFall 2. Bloody hell this is a bit good. It’s satisfying in a way I find few FPS games to be. And the mech combat is pretty spectacular.

Image
Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Tomous » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:24 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:TitanFall 2. Bloody hell this is a bit good. It’s satisfying in a way I find few FPS games to be. And the mech combat is pretty spectacular.


One of the best singer player FPS campaigns if all time

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Tomous wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:TitanFall 2. Bloody hell this is a bit good. It’s satisfying in a way I find few FPS games to be. And the mech combat is pretty spectacular.


One of the best singer player FPS campaigns if all time


Yeah, I’m struggling to think of anything else that has been as good. FPS are not my favourite genre, but I think I’m enjoying it more than Doom 2016. I spent half of my time on that with the map open and lost. That’s probably still the closest contender that comes to mind.
Oh, ODST was very good too.

Image
Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Lotus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Lotus wrote:I don't know how teenage me didn't notice when I first played this, but one of the character's costumes is...revealing. In some lighting she looks like she's topless, and in some of the 'cut scenes' where it's black and white, she looks completely nude. How did they get away with that? :lol:


Taki I'm assuming?

Ivy's outfit was always something that I kind of dreaded my mum seeing so I always used her 2nd costume (the more period appropriate :roll: blouse and knee high boots combo) although my sister (who was about six at the time) always played as Voldo and no-one seemed to notice how pervy his outfit was.

Still think Sophitia was the most perverted character purely for her "Heaven and Hell" move in which she ends up sitting on her opponents face and doing a slightly aroused giggle before slamming them to the ground, [Harry Hill]dirty girl![/Harry Hill]

Yeah Taki's the one. My original post made it sound like I was surprised by her outfit being revealing, which let's be honest, it isn't compared to others (like Ivy's, as you say, which is a bit ridiculous) and the Dead or Alive games. It's the fact that she literally looks topless/nude in some scenes. :lol: :fp:

Anyway, I'm still having a great time with it, now working through Weapon Master mode. It's a bit tedious in that if you fail you can't retry instantly and have to go back to the map screen and re-select the mission, but it could be worse. Going to unlock the remaining characters and then go back through Arcade mode with them.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Squinty » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:53 pm

Playing The Fractured but Whole. Really funny in places, like the combat in it. Literally near fell off my chair when the priest tells you to face your fears through the door, and when inside, a disembodied voice goes 'your dad strawberry floated your mum' :lol: And then you get attacked by priests wanting to molest you.

I would probably say that the Stick of Truth is better as this point, but it's still a good game.

Last edited by Squinty on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by JediDragon05 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm

strawberry floating Egg Scramble in Fall Guys. I’ve had it non stop these last few days. Just strawberry float off. If I want team games I want something cool like Rock n Roll.

Image

Knock it off.

West side mofos
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Cuttooth » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Got the bug for trying out fighting games for the umpteenth time so have reinstalled Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, and Soul Calibur VI for the umpteenth +1 time.

For whatever reason I thought all original owners of SFV got auto-upgraded to one of the later versions, unlocking some of the DLC characters but turns out that isn't true.

Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur VI have annoying constant freezes during matches for some reason, which is a shitter. I haven't touched a Soul game since SCII on the Gamecube so couldn't remember if the women character's clothes always fell off between rounds. Who designed this game? Patrick Stewart?

Honestly I think I need to get back into Injustice 2 if I want to do anything fighting game related, that has probably the best single player modes anyway.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Ironhide » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Cuttooth wrote:Got the bug for trying out fighting games for the umpteenth time so have reinstalled Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, and Soul Calibur VI for the umpteenth +1 time.

For whatever reason I thought all original owners of SFV got auto-upgraded to one of the later versions, unlocking some of the DLC characters but turns out that isn't true.

Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur VI have annoying constant freezes during matches for some reason, which is a shitter. I haven't touched a Soul game since SCII on the Gamecube so couldn't remember if the women character's clothes always fell off between rounds. Who designed this game? Patrick Stewart?

Honestly I think I need to get back into Injustice 2 if I want to do anything fighting game related, that has probably the best single player modes anyway.


Don't think the clothing 'damage' was introduced until at least Soul Calibur V, IV was the last one I played and it wasn't a thing I noticed.

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Zilnad » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Injustice 2 is fantastic. My PS5 shows I played it for a couple hundred hours on PS4

User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by GrinWithoutaKat » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 am

On the weekend I started Assassins Creed Origins. I went straight from 120 FPS Halo 4 to this, so for the first time in my life, I found myself being irritated by 30 FPS, but after a couple of days that's largely passed. I'm still very, very early, done the prologue, and then stopped off at an optional side quest town on the way to the next main quest, but so far I really, REALLY like this game. I've always been a fan of stealth games, but despite the name, AC never felt like stealth to me. I didn't play Unity or Syndicate, but played all the others. Maybe story missions will force me into brawling, but so far I've spent all the side missions sneaking through grass, whistling to draw guards over to take them down silently, or using the bow and arrow for instant kills from cover.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by OrangeRKN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:28 am

The reason I bounced off Origins when I tried it was because I was trying to play it as a stealth game but immediately came up against enemies who couldn't be assassinated/silently taken down! Valhalla seems a lot better in that respect as it has a skill specifically to let you assassinate most higher level enemies.

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:TitanFall 2. Bloody hell this is a bit good. It’s satisfying in a way I find few FPS games to be. And the mech combat is pretty spectacular.


This was pretty much how I felt playing it. If you're not far through then it only gets better too (in fact the opening level after the assault course is probably the worst part of the game).

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Jenuall » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 am

Yep Titanfall 2 is fantastic, still probably the best FPS since HL2 IMO.

I'm slowly working my way through AC: Origins at the moment as well, the enemy levelling and inability to assassinate certain enemies is really annoying and goes against the feel of the game for me, but it's still very enjoyable. The fact you can only move dead bodies and not people you've just KO'd is annoying as well as it pushes you away from a non-lethal playstyle.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 am

OrangeRKN wrote:The reason I bounced off Origins when I tried it was because I was trying to play it as a stealth game but immediately came up against enemies who couldn't be assassinated/silently taken down! Valhalla seems a lot better in that respect as it has a skill specifically to let you assassinate most higher level enemies.

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:TitanFall 2. Bloody hell this is a bit good. It’s satisfying in a way I find few FPS games to be. And the mech combat is pretty spectacular.


This was pretty much how I felt playing it. If you're not far through then it only gets better too (in fact the opening level after the assault course is probably the worst part of the game).


Yeah, i would agree with that. I'm not sure how far in i am, but i have unlocked about 3/4 of the Titan Loadouts, so im guessing a similar distance in.

Although it is obivously a FPS, the generous amounts of lock on and quickly regenerating health make it feel more like a light puzzle platformer game at times (which i suppose it is), and it seems to be designed to just make you feel good whilst you play. It's far more stylish than several other games that tout "flow gameplay" as their USP.

They could do with slimming down the range of weapons though (which i guess they did with Apex Legends). It feels like there are about 50 different models.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finish.Last, Johnny Jalfrezi, Trelliz and 241 guests