Currently Playing in 2020...

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Cumberdanes » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:54 am

So I thought I’d get FF3 finished last night... nope. Did all the busy work to make the end boss beatable and I still lost. Best part of three hours down the drain. Before I play this again I fell some serious grinding is in order.

Image

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Robbo-92 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:50 pm

Just finished off Xenoblade Chronicles Future Connected, which means up next will be the Pokémon DLC which I might get round to starting tonight, more likely tomorrow after a brief spell on Animal Crossing New Horizons up next, again :lol:

Then once Pokémon is all done it’ll be back to focusing on The Witcher 3 alongside F1 2020, got a week off work (finally) in August and not got anything planned so I might be playing a good chunk of The Witcher 3 then if I haven’t got plenty done beforehand.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Squinty » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:53 am

DMC5 on the Xbox. Edge lord cutscenes AHOY.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Zilnad » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:06 pm

DMC5 is incredible. And Nero is cooler than Dante. Dead weight, he ain't.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Squinty » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 pm

Zilnad wrote:DMC5 is incredible. And Nero is cooler than Dante. Dead weight, he ain't.


It hasn't fully grabbed me yet. But it's playable enough that I want to see it to the end. I'm not really a huge fan of the series, although I do like many of the games Platinum has put out that have obviously been heavily influenced by it.

User avatar
Diceman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Diceman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 pm

After completing The Witcher 3 and both expansions in June, I felt a little lost as to what to get into next. It consumed me during all of lockdown. Every spare moment it was on, and it captivated me. When it was all finished I couldn’t see another game getting its claws into me anywhere near as much; it was a bit depressing.
Luckily, I decided to give Control a go and I’m utterly enjoying it. I look forward to each evening’s opportunity to explore/unlock a bit more of the map. The combat is ace too.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Zilnad » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Squinty wrote:
Zilnad wrote:DMC5 is incredible. And Nero is cooler than Dante. Dead weight, he ain't.


It hasn't fully grabbed me yet. But it's playable enough that I want to see it to the end. I'm not really a huge fan of the series, although I do like many of the games Platinum has put out that have obviously been heavily influenced by it.


How far into it are you? I find with DMC games that the first playthrough is really just training for the harder difficulty and then, when you've gotten to grips with the mechanics, it really opens up.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Squinty » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Zilnad wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Zilnad wrote:DMC5 is incredible. And Nero is cooler than Dante. Dead weight, he ain't.


It hasn't fully grabbed me yet. But it's playable enough that I want to see it to the end. I'm not really a huge fan of the series, although I do like many of the games Platinum has put out that have obviously been heavily influenced by it.


How far into it are you? I find with DMC games that the first playthrough is really just training for the harder difficulty and then, when you've gotten to grips with the mechanics, it really opens up.


I just fought Urizen for the second time. They've been reading too much William Blake, what with these character names.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Zilnad » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:59 am

I'm a few hours into Far Cry 5 now and I'm having a lot of fun. The explosions feel amazing. Particularly when a truck of cultists comes speeding towards you and you roll a perfectly timed grenade beneath them. The feel of the guns is also really satisfying.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Photek » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 am

Zilnad wrote:I'm a few hours into Far Cry 5 now and I'm having a lot of fun. The explosions feel amazing. Particularly when a truck of cultists comes speeding towards you and you roll a perfectly timed grenade beneath them. The feel of the guns is also really satisfying.

Wait till you see a truck of cultists speeding towards you every 5mins...

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Zilnad » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:29 am

Photek wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I'm a few hours into Far Cry 5 now and I'm having a lot of fun. The explosions feel amazing. Particularly when a truck of cultists comes speeding towards you and you roll a perfectly timed grenade beneath them. The feel of the guns is also really satisfying.

Wait till you see a truck of cultists speeding towards you every 5mins...


I fully expect to get bored of it before finishing the "story" but so far it's definitely worth £6 for the fun I'm having.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:39 am

Yes I had to buy a stylus but you know what, TWEWY on Switch is still a pretty strawberry floating great videogame. There are actually parts of the combat I prefer on the Switch version compared to the DS. On the DS I just used to put whatever the easiest to trigger pins on Neku so I could concentrate on the button presses for the fusion attack. Now that's been condensed, I can actually use a greater variety of pins on him. It's different and maybe has lost a layer of complexity but I think it still works. But, you have to play in handheld and you really need a stylus.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:48 am

Photek wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I'm a few hours into Far Cry 5 now and I'm having a lot of fun. The explosions feel amazing. Particularly when a truck of cultists comes speeding towards you and you roll a perfectly timed grenade beneath them. The feel of the guns is also really satisfying.

Wait till you see a truck of cultists speeding towards you every 5mins...


:lol:

The combat is definitely punchy and fun, but it does get annoying when you're just trying to drive somewhere and trucks just won't stop coming straight at you.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by That's not a growth » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:32 pm

I'm currently playing through the 1st The Last of Us and was wondering how much I had left based on where I'm up to.

In the college, just did the section without Ellie where there's a load of clickers and a boomer in a spore area - while she's waiting for you to hook up a generator on the other side of a gate.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:38 pm

That's not a growth wrote:I'm currently playing through the 1st The Last of Us and was wondering how much I had left based on where I'm up to.

In the college, just did the section without Ellie where there's a load of clickers and a boomer in a spore area - while she's waiting for you to hook up a generator on the other side of a gate.


Checking a guide you're at chapter 8 of 12

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:51 am

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition.

I'm in love with this game. I think it the most perfect historically-set game ever made. It has everything I could ever desire of a history-based game. :wub:

Oh, I know that the combat has a steep learning curve, character faces and voices are limited in a Bethesda-esque way, the map isn't quite 1:1, and I know some of the town recreations aren't quite accurate due to being based on larger, wealthier towns... But strawberry float, it's got me in its sway.

Though I shall long for a sequel, a next gen remake with full VR capabilities would be great to have as well.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by That's not a growth » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:05 am

OrangeRKN wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:I'm currently playing through the 1st The Last of Us and was wondering how much I had left based on where I'm up to.

In the college, just did the section without Ellie where there's a load of clickers and a boomer in a spore area - while she's waiting for you to hook up a generator on the other side of a gate.


Checking a guide you're at chapter 8 of 12


Nice one, cheers OR

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:29 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition.

I'm in love with this game. I think it the most perfect historically-set game ever made. It has everything I could ever desire of a history-based game. :wub:

Oh, I know that the combat has a steep learning curve, character faces and voices are limited in a Bethesda-esque way, the map isn't quite 1:1, and I know some of the town recreations aren't quite accurate due to being based on larger, wealthier towns... But strawberry float, it's got me in its sway.

Though I shall long for a sequel, a next gen remake with full VR capabilities would be great to have as well.


I keep thinking about trying this one on Game Pass. What other RPG's would you say it is comparable to? You mentioned Bethesda, does it share a lot with the work they have done?

Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Squinty » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 am

Controversial opinion, but so far, I've enjoyed DmC more than DMC5. I think I'm over halfway through DMC5, but it just hasn't grabbed me at all.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:07 am

Squinty wrote:Controversial opinion, but so far, I've enjoyed DmC more than DMC5. I think I'm over halfway through DMC5, but it just hasn't grabbed me at all.


I think that was about the point i dropped DMC5. I just did not feel like my ability was having any impact on the progression of the game whatsoever. I played it around the time i was playing Astral Chain, and one of them felt like i was mastering spacing / combos etc, and the other one was mashing buttons and called DMC5.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Christopher, Cuttooth, Mafro, PuppetBoy, Ste and 54 guests