Currently Playing in 2020...

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by jawa4 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:21 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Welcome back! I saw you "like" one of my PS4 activities the other day and it made me sad that you were not posting here. Glad that your back :D

Thanks, kazanova - "liking" other folks' trophies is a kind of replacement for my own meagre collection :lol: .

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:55 pm

jawa4 wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Welcome back! I saw you "like" one of my PS4 activities the other day and it made me sad that you were not posting here. Glad that your back :D

Thanks, kazanova - "liking" other folks' trophies is a kind of replacement for my own meagre collection :lol: .


Well the good feeling it creates deserves a Jawa trophy. I’m not exactly sure what that entails mind....

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by DarkRula » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:57 pm

I'm still enjoying the Los Santos life in GTA V's Online, with the PC version seeing a massive expansion in the businesses owned, as well as winning the prize car on the Lucky Wheel. So on a test drive, I took the mountain route.



I've made some progress with the Xbox One version, finally getting enough for the clubhouse and one MC business. I'm still mostly focused on racing with this version though, but during a resupply for the business, some random AI decided to attack me with their car.



I think I'll be moving away from the PC version except for the occasional play, though. I'm getting pretty annoyed by the fact no matter what settings I have it on, it keeps having lag spikes that sometimes end up with me unable to react in some pretty dangerous situations (though thankfully I haven't been a victim of the Oppressor Brigade yet).

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:07 pm

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC - Game Pass) Wow, this is really good! Despite really loving Symphony of the Night on PS1 I've never really been a Castlevania guy so was a little bit unsure as to what I would make of this, but it's fantastic! :toot:

I'm not a huge distance into it yet but I'm just loving the gameplay and the hook of exploration and turning all of those lovely corners of the map blue is just so satisfying!

Image
User avatar
absolutely not, stop asking this
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by absolutely not, stop asking this » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:22 pm

Jenuall wrote:Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC - Game Pass) Wow, this is really good! Despite really loving Symphony of the Night on PS1 I've never really been a Castlevania guy so was a little bit unsure as to what I would make of this, but it's fantastic! :toot:

I'm not a huge distance into it yet but I'm just loving the gameplay and the hook of exploration and turning all of those lovely corners of the map blue is just so satisfying!

Buy a cheapo DS and get the (non-cheapo) GBA and DS Castlevania games. :datass:

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Photek » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 am

Welcome back Jawa, you lovely bastard.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Dauntless (Switch) - Racked up somewhere between 25 and 30 hours on this now and it's still fun and interesting. It's essentially Monster Hunter but with snappier combat and Fortnite's business model of free to play. Performance is a bit sketchy and it drains the battery like nothing else so it seems like it's really pushing the Switch which is surprising because it ain't that pretty to look at and the environments aren't particularly expansive. I think it's full cross play so that might be why it's not particularly optimised for the Switch. Nobody else I know seems to be playing it so if you're on there then drop me a line.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Gemini73 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Begun another play through of Hexen on the PS1. Love this game.

User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Cumberdanes » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Begun another play through of Hexen on the PS1. Love this game.


Is that the one where you launch a sheep from a catapult or is that Hexen II?

Image

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Gemini73 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Cumberdanes wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Begun another play through of Hexen on the PS1. Love this game.


Is that the one where you launch a sheep from a catapult or is that Hexen II?


That's Hexen II. Also a great game.

User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Cumberdanes » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Cumberdanes wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Begun another play through of Hexen on the PS1. Love this game.


Is that the one where you launch a sheep from a catapult or is that Hexen II?


That's Hexen II. Also a great game.


Only ever played a demo of it years back. I think I have them both on Steam but never played them, they came as part of a huge bundle of id's back catalogue up to that point.

Image

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Gemini73 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:11 pm

Cumberdanes wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
Cumberdanes wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Begun another play through of Hexen on the PS1. Love this game.


Is that the one where you launch a sheep from a catapult or is that Hexen II?


That's Hexen II. Also a great game.


Only ever played a demo of it years back. I think I have them both on Steam but never played them, they came as part of a huge bundle of id's back catalogue up to that point.


Hexen is great but given it's age it's quite hard on the eyes plus you'll probably need to go into notepad to change the controls. Hexen II is much easier to get into.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Jenuall » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:44 pm

absolutely not, stop asking this wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC - Game Pass) Wow, this is really good! Despite really loving Symphony of the Night on PS1 I've never really been a Castlevania guy so was a little bit unsure as to what I would make of this, but it's fantastic! :toot:

I'm not a huge distance into it yet but I'm just loving the gameplay and the hook of exploration and turning all of those lovely corners of the map blue is just so satisfying!

Buy a cheapo DS and get the (non-cheapo) GBA and DS Castlevania games. :datass:

I always heard good things about the GBA and DS games but never played them. Might give them a crack if I'm still in the mood after Bloodstained.

Up to about 35% of the map uncovered and still having a great time with this. Although the bit where you need to get the train identification was complete bullshit! :lol:

Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by BOR » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22 pm

Currently I'm playing on Uncharted 2 Among Theives and up to Chapter 15. It's bloody brilliant and I can't remember a couple of chapters but it was nice to go through them again.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Robbo-92 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:36 pm

Pokémon Shield, finished the dex :datass:

Reckon I’ll get back on with WRC 8 for a bit before cracking on with Sword, although playing a lot of Shield over the past few days has definitely given me the Pokémon itch back!

Image

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Vermilion » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:17 pm

Goat Simulator, and it is so brilliantly crap! I love it!





This is a game best enjoyed when you've had a drink or two.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by ITSMILNER » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:00 pm

Started playing Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse I never played it when it originally released but from what I understand they gave it a massive overhaul in the way it works. It feels like a top down Zelda but has an art style that reminds me of Cartoon Network shows (Think Adventure Time) and the basic idea is you have to beat Mormo and you can either go straight for her or find dungeons and find items to make her weaker before you try taking her down.

I like it so far, only put about an hour into it so far so we’ll see how it develops as I go.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Gemini73 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:26 am

WRC 4 - Xbox 360

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Vermilion » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Herpy derpy goaty fun, baaaaaaa! :slol:


User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2020...
by Cumberdanes » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Dark Souls Remastered, about to fight one of my least favourite bosses The Four Kings. Once he’s down I’ll likely go and fight the Demon Firesage.

Image

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Chocolate-Milk, Jazzem, more heat than light, MSN [Bot], Photek, Ploiper and 27 guests