Currently Playing in 2021

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Saint of Killers » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:08 pm

Super Sidekicks and Soccer Brawl are on my list. Will rinse WindJammers a bit more before I get them though.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Saint of Killers » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 pm

The best toss.

twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/1358452039500595200



Most embarrassing toss.

twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/1358452597007515648


They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Godzilla » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:15 pm

Transformers Devastation - PS5 - finished it today on hard. Which unlocks another difficulty setting, ups the level cap, adds another gear slot and allows for higher level gear creation. Absolutely amazing game, the perfect transformers G1 experience and it looks beautiful.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Saint of Killers » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:20 pm

Wasn't it a PS+ game? I may give that another go some time.

Started on Detroit Become Human. Flitting between it and trying to win at WindJammers arcade on medium, again.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Mafro » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:25 pm

twitter.com/themafro/status/1358108282771152903


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Godzilla » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:03 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Wasn't it a PS+ game? I may give that another go some time.

Started on Detroit Become Human. Flitting between it and trying to win at WindJammers arcade on medium, again.


Yes it was on ps plus, I think in 2016. It's no longer listed on the ps store as activision don't have the license. However if you've previously downloaded it or added it to your collection it should be there to download in your library.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Squinty » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:27 am

Godzilla wrote:Transformers Devastation - PS5 - finished it today on hard. Which unlocks another difficulty setting, ups the level cap, adds another gear slot and allows for higher level gear creation. Absolutely amazing game, the perfect transformers G1 experience and it looks beautiful.


I loved this game. The soundtrack is a banger as well. So sad we didn't get a sequel.

Ploughing through Shadowrun Returns slowly. Game crashed during a long combat sequence, and I was not very happy! Got past that bit last night though.

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:57 pm

Ended up downloading the demo of Just Dance 2021, and I actually had quite a lot of fun with it XD

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Saint of Killers » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:25 pm

twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/1358808588026789891



twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/1358813447409061892



twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/1358813337958690819



Beating Wessel in straight sets left me buzzing :lol:

I played on hard difficulty straight after. Couldn't get past first opponent. (And they only give you one credit!)

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Rex Kramer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:39 am

Eastshade (XSX) - Not sure why I'm bothering, it's really boring. I think I'd hoped it had some kind of Skyrim x Eternal Sonata vibe to it but nothing happens at all. Oh and things I'm tired of in videogames is being ship wrecked at the beginning. Think I might do a 180 and play Hellblade instead in time for the sequel.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:57 am

Rex Kramer wrote:Eastshade (XSX) - Not sure why I'm bothering, it's really boring. I think I'd hoped it had some kind of Skyrim x Eternal Sonata vibe to it but nothing happens at all. Oh and things I'm tired of in videogames is being ship wrecked at the beginning. Think I might do a 180 and play Hellblade instead in time for the sequel.


I played a few hours of it and quite enjoyed it, then i just stopped playing. It just felt like a lot of tracking back and forth with little reward. There was one of two puzzles that were pretty cool to complete without a guide, but then they just lead to even more otuse puzzles, Finally i got to a big city and everything basically looked the same and i kep getting horribly lost. Think that was the final straw. It did feel unique though.

It all feels very much ike a PC game that has been shoehorned on to console, with some not particularly intuitive HUD elements and navigational inputs.

Image
Image
User avatar
Holpil
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Holpil » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:10 am

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

This game is surprisingly good fun. It's like the developers mashed-up L.A. Noire, Deadly Premonition and Shenmue (even down to the multiple searches for sailors) and dropped it in a Victorian setting.

The cases all have unique areas to walk around and take no more than a couple of hours each, the third case (Roman themed) being the best so far.

So if you got it free on the Epic store, give it a try. You can even walk around Doncaster train station in search of Mexicans.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Zilnad » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Those Sherlock games are brilliant. It's just a shame that you can really only play them once as I'm always hungry for more mysteries. Although one of the cases in the game was lifted straight out of the novels which, while cool to see, it did mean I knew everything that was going to happen on that particular case.

They also have a lot in common with the Miles Edgeworth AA spin off.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Holpil wrote:Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

This game is surprisingly good fun. It's like the developers mashed-up L.A. Noire, Deadly Premonition and Shenmue (even down to the multiple searches for sailors) and dropped it in a Victorian setting.

The cases all have unique areas to walk around and take no more than a couple of hours each, the third case (Roman themed) being the best so far.

So if you got it free on the Epic store, give it a try. You can even walk around Doncaster train station in search of Mexicans.


Wish i had not clicked those spoiler tags - ruined for me now :cry:

I really enjoyed The Devil's Daughter (go on, i dare you).

Image
Image
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:07 pm

The Sherlock PS4 games are very much hidden gems, very fun and enjoyable adventure games. Bit rough around the edges, but a memorable time.

Image
User avatar
Holpil
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Holpil » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:26 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Holpil wrote:Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

This game is surprisingly good fun. It's like the developers mashed-up L.A. Noire, Deadly Premonition and Shenmue (even down to the multiple searches for sailors) and dropped it in a Victorian setting.

The cases all have unique areas to walk around and take no more than a couple of hours each, the third case (Roman themed) being the best so far.

So if you got it free on the Epic store, give it a try. You can even walk around Doncaster train station in search of Mexicans.


Wish i had not clicked those spoiler tags - ruined for me now :cry:

I really enjoyed The Devil's Daughter (go on, i dare you).


It's not a proper spoiler, honest! Those two elements become part of the case early on. The train case is the only one so far where I got the outcome horribly wrong, but after looking online most people came to the same conclusion.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:41 pm

Holpil wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Holpil wrote:Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

This game is surprisingly good fun. It's like the developers mashed-up L.A. Noire, Deadly Premonition and Shenmue (even down to the multiple searches for sailors) and dropped it in a Victorian setting.

The cases all have unique areas to walk around and take no more than a couple of hours each, the third case (Roman themed) being the best so far.

So if you got it free on the Epic store, give it a try. You can even walk around Doncaster train station in search of Mexicans.


Wish i had not clicked those spoiler tags - ruined for me now :cry:

I really enjoyed The Devil's Daughter (go on, i dare you).


It's not a proper spoiler, honest! Those two elements become part of the case early on. The train case is the only one so far where I got the outcome horribly wrong, but after looking online most people came to the same conclusion.



I was just messing about because of how low stakes those things sounded ;) Thanks for the reassurance though, i would like to give the game a go at some point. L.A. Noire and Deadly Premonition are 2 of my favourite games. Shenmue's not far behind either.

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Robbo-92 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:47 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Eastshade (XSX) - Not sure why I'm bothering, it's really boring. I think I'd hoped it had some kind of Skyrim x Eternal Sonata vibe to it but nothing happens at all. Oh and things I'm tired of in videogames is being ship wrecked at the beginning. Think I might do a 180 and play Hellblade instead in time for the sequel.


I had that on my watch list for a bit as I thought it looked rather intriguing, but I’m not sure if there was enough of a game there to sustain a 10 hour plus game according to how long to beat so decided against starting it.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Vtheyoshi

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by VlaSoul » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:01 am

Played a few hours of FTL recently on a whim. I had like 120 hours on it from before and beat the final boss like maybe twice? After a couple hours this time around I managed a successful run on the basic ship; some of the DLC content is super OP but it's a matter of whether RNG goes your way most of the time.

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2021
by Trelliz » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:35 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:I really enjoyed The Devil's Daughter (go on, i dare you).


I thought that was the worst of the modern ones, I wish they'd remake the Cthulhu one in the modern style (i.e. with a skip button for all the bullshit)

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, Balladeer, Buffalo, Christopher, dmin, Drej, Frank, ITSMILNER, kerr9000, Mafro, Memento Mori, OrangeRKN, Peter Crisp, Qikz, Rubix, SerialCeler and 129 guests