Cyberpunk 2077 - Dec 10th - people have got the game early. Beware spoilers!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Really hope they show off some actual current gen footage of PS4 and Xbox One, I guess the delay doesn't affect the disk printing as they've porbably already done and ready to deliver. I guess the Day 1 patch will be no doubt huge with hundreds of bugs fixes.

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by KingK » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 pm

So, late to the party...... I’ve never really given this a look at before. Maybe cos I thought it was a bit Blade Runner and I don’t like that film? However, watched a couple of trailers and I think I’ll like it

Anyway, what’s the beef re buying for XB1 - do you get the improved XSX version? I ask as the XB store listing just states 4kUHD and XB1X enhanced. There is no mention of the next gen XSX/XSS versions?

User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by JChalmers » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:40 pm

KingK wrote:So, late to the party...... I’ve never really given this a look at before. Maybe cos I thought it was a bit Blade Runner and I don’t like that film? However, watched a couple of trailers and I think I’ll like it

Anyway, what’s the beef re buying for XB1 - do you get the improved XSX version? I ask as the XB store listing just states 4kUHD and XB1X enhanced. There is no mention of the next gen XSX/XSS versions?


They've said it'll run better on Series X/Series S at launch however the true Next-Gen update isn't coming until next year.

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by KingK » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:03 pm

JChalmers wrote:
KingK wrote:So, late to the party...... I’ve never really given this a look at before. Maybe cos I thought it was a bit Blade Runner and I don’t like that film? However, watched a couple of trailers and I think I’ll like it

Anyway, what’s the beef re buying for XB1 - do you get the improved XSX version? I ask as the XB store listing just states 4kUHD and XB1X enhanced. There is no mention of the next gen XSX/XSS versions?


They've said it'll run better on Series X/Series S at launch however the true Next-Gen update isn't coming until next year.

Does that mean it’ll be a free update from the, say, digital XB1 version to the XSX version, or will it be like a case of having to repurchase the XSX version?

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Tomous » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:07 pm

KingK wrote:
JChalmers wrote:
KingK wrote:So, late to the party...... I’ve never really given this a look at before. Maybe cos I thought it was a bit Blade Runner and I don’t like that film? However, watched a couple of trailers and I think I’ll like it

Anyway, what’s the beef re buying for XB1 - do you get the improved XSX version? I ask as the XB store listing just states 4kUHD and XB1X enhanced. There is no mention of the next gen XSX/XSS versions?


They've said it'll run better on Series X/Series S at launch however the true Next-Gen update isn't coming until next year.

Does that mean it’ll be a free update from the, say, digital XB1 version to the XSX version, or will it be like a case of having to repurchase the XSX version?



Free update.

Image
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Meep » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 pm

I am kind of disappointed about the delay. Any kind of diversion I can get to help me through what is looking to be a really shitty winter is welcome. It is pretty annoying this is happening after they made such a song and dance about it 'going gold'. That's pretty much a meaningless term these days as post-launch updates are kind of the norm now though.

The people making threats are insane. There has to be something deeply wrong with someone to make death threats over a game being delayed for a month. They need professional help.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Tafdolphin » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:13 pm



Cretinous.

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by OrangeRKN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:18 pm

The guy defending it as "we all worked 100 hours weeks at university"

We must have had very different experiences of university :lol:

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Meep » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:35 pm

I never worked as little as I did during university. That includes school, where I was at least forced to keep to a schedule of classes.

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Knoyleo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:47 pm

People worked at uni?

I say this as someone who barely scraped a third, but still.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Tafdolphin » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:38 pm



Well this is turning out to be a PR win all round for CDPR :simper:

https://www.GameFAQs Message Boards.com/threads/former ... ge.315472/

According to the thread, the minimum Polish wage was around $300 at the time

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Lagamorph » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:53 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:

Well this is turning out to be a PR win all round for CDPR :simper:

https://www.GameFAQs Message Boards.com/threads/former-cdprojekt-employee-tweets-her-wage.315472/

According to the thread, the minimum Polish wage was around $300 at the time

I'm really not sure where to fall on this. If they were earning 43% above minimum wage then that doesn't really sound as bad? You can't really look at "$430/month" and then immediately equate that to what it would get you in the US which seems to be what a lot of people on Era are jumping to.
At the time CDPR were by no means a big/rich/successful company were they? That was before Witcher 3 released which is what really made them a big name in the industry. I read a few comments in the thread that during 2014, prior to the release of Withcer 3, CDPR share price was barely $4 as opposed to being nearly $80 now so you can't really judge it by the standards of what the company should be paying now either.

They did tweet that their monthly salaray couldn't cover the rent of a 2 bedroom apartment, but if that's 43% above minimum wage then that seems like an issue with the price of rent more than the salary of what was at the time not exactly a world famous developer.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Tafdolphin » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:17 pm

That is

The wrong

Take

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Edd
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Edd » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 pm

What is the take? She says in a reply that she was new graduate doing 8 hour days, 5 days a week, and got what was apparently above minimum wage for that?

Unless she actually means she got paid that for a month of 100 hour work weeks or whatever then I don't really see the relevance.

Image
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Dual » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:That is

The wrong

Take


What did they think they were going to get paid?

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Skarjo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:35 am

Yea, it's not an easy slam dunk against CDPR. I'm not too sure exactly what point she's making without context about her working conditions other than '$430 USD doesn't sound like a lot for a full time job so long as you ignore that I'm not working in the US'.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Tafdolphin » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:31 am

ok

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Skarjo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:24 am

What is.

The right.

Take?

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Dual » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:05 am

Tafdolphin wrote:ok


Don't be upset because some twitter drama you've found hasn't landed here.

It isn't clear what point you're trying to make.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed again until Dec 10th! (Pg.61)
by Preezy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:10 am

I'm just glad the clapping hand emojis weren't used.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Christopher, Cuttooth, Damian, Google [Bot], kazanova_Frankenstein, more heat than light, OldSoulCyborg, Poser, Ste, Xeno and 139 guests