Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Samuel_1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:20 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Should've been delayed, I've waited years for this game, I can wait a few extra months, but obviously money is more important than people's health.

I agree. Surely there would be a way to keep the release date and look after the employees though? What about extended paid leave after completion, around 8 weeks or so. Or a 2 or 3 day working week for a 3 to 6 month period?

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by jiggles » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Jenuall wrote:
jiggles wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:My expectation is that this game is going to be a gigantic mess. Happy to be proved wrong as I loved Witcher 3.


Let’s not forget that Witcher 3 was also a mess when it launched, both technically and in terms of how Geralt controlled.

They made good on it eventually, but I’d expect this to take a similar path.

My expectation is that the gameplay ends up missing the mark, but the setting and story are enough to carry it for most people. But a lot of people are not going to like it.

I mean this is objectively nonsense. They made some great improvements over time and the alternative control method was a good addition, but the game was excellent at launch.


Uh, on PC in the first month there had been:

Day 1 - patch 1.01 (stability and performance)
Day 4 - patch 1.03 (stability, performance, missing graphics options)
Day 8 - patch 1.04 (UI fixes, bugs)
Day 19 - patch 1.05 (exploits, tons of game-breaking bugs, and like a million other things)
Day 29 - patch 1.06 (hotfix for quest-breaking bugs)

“Objectively nonsense” :lol:

Streaming: Twitch | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Jenuall » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:01 pm

jiggles wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
jiggles wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:My expectation is that this game is going to be a gigantic mess. Happy to be proved wrong as I loved Witcher 3.


Let’s not forget that Witcher 3 was also a mess when it launched, both technically and in terms of how Geralt controlled.

They made good on it eventually, but I’d expect this to take a similar path.

My expectation is that the gameplay ends up missing the mark, but the setting and story are enough to carry it for most people. But a lot of people are not going to like it.

I mean this is objectively nonsense. They made some great improvements over time and the alternative control method was a good addition, but the game was excellent at launch.


Uh, on PC in the first month there had been:

Day 1 - patch 1.01 (stability and performance)
Day 4 - patch 1.03 (stability, performance, missing graphics options)
Day 8 - patch 1.04 (UI fixes, bugs)
Day 19 - patch 1.05 (exploits, tons of game-breaking bugs, and like a million other things)
Day 29 - patch 1.06 (hotfix for quest-breaking bugs)

“Objectively nonsense” :lol:

Yeah objectively nonsense. I played it day one and it was great, everyone reviewing it played it on that day 1 version (or earlier most likely) and gave it a 90+ metacritic.

"A mess" :lol:

Image
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by jiggles » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:16 pm

Jenuall wrote:
jiggles wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
jiggles wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:My expectation is that this game is going to be a gigantic mess. Happy to be proved wrong as I loved Witcher 3.


Let’s not forget that Witcher 3 was also a mess when it launched, both technically and in terms of how Geralt controlled.

They made good on it eventually, but I’d expect this to take a similar path.

My expectation is that the gameplay ends up missing the mark, but the setting and story are enough to carry it for most people. But a lot of people are not going to like it.

I mean this is objectively nonsense. They made some great improvements over time and the alternative control method was a good addition, but the game was excellent at launch.


Uh, on PC in the first month there had been:

Day 1 - patch 1.01 (stability and performance)
Day 4 - patch 1.03 (stability, performance, missing graphics options)
Day 8 - patch 1.04 (UI fixes, bugs)
Day 19 - patch 1.05 (exploits, tons of game-breaking bugs, and like a million other things)
Day 29 - patch 1.06 (hotfix for quest-breaking bugs)

“Objectively nonsense” :lol:

Yeah objectively nonsense. I played it day one and it was great, everyone reviewing it played it on that day 1 version (or earlier most likely) and gave it a 90+ metacritic.

"A mess" :lol:


You’d be hard pressed to find anyone, even those who gave it a perfect 10, who wouldn’t admit that there were a number of niggles, and that if you look at elements purely objectively you could argue that there are plenty of areas to improve on. But they can look past that when the overall experience itself is so good.

People can forgive technical issues if they’re still enjoying themselves. And they tend to forget those with time. The patch notes for 1.05 alone shows how inadequate their QA was for release. They delayed the game a few times because of all the bugs and they finally pushed it out and missed a bunch. As I say, they eventually sorted it out, and it’s one of my favourite games ever. But does “extremely ambitious open-world game that’s been delayed a few times before being pushed out no matter what” sound familiar?

But if you want a more concrete refresher, start from the launch here and look out for people reporting technical issues: t:the-witcher-3-announced-pc360ps3?f=2&hilit=Witcher&start=720

Last edited by jiggles on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streaming: Twitch | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by KK » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:41 pm

Is there any game these days that doesn’t receive multiple patches in the first 6 months? I’m definitely of the opinion in most instances it’s worth waiting. You get the better, more complete experience and normally at a cheaper price.

Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by jawa » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:15 pm

KK wrote:...I’m definitely of the opinion in most instances it’s worth waiting. You get the better, more complete experience and normally at a cheaper price.

This is more my thinking nowdays. I'd love to try the recent Avengers game but - as per your quote, KK - it sounds like you'll get a better (and cheaper) experience by leaving it for a few months.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Tomous » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 pm

KK wrote:Is there any game these days that doesn’t receive multiple patches in the first 6 months? I’m definitely of the opinion in most instances it’s worth waiting. You get the better, more complete experience and normally at a cheaper price.


Yep. I dont pay more than £20 for PS4 games. You save a fortune and by the time you get to them they've been patched plus sometimes include the DLC. I have a backlog so there is really no reason for me to rush out.

I do buy Nintendo games on launch but that's because they hold their price

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Tafdolphin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:10 pm

https://web.archive.org/web/20201004212 ... /a/2KXqlcN

Physical map has been leaked. Looks a lot smaller and denser than most open-world maps. Which is strawberry floating great, tbh

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Monkey Man » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:08 pm


Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by KK » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:32 pm

If I didn’t know better I would have believed that gif was GTA5.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Tafdolphin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:33 pm

It is looking more and more like GTA: Techbois

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Jenuall » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:35 pm

I'm sticking with the "it's just marketing" lifeline at the moment but I'm prepared for disappointment now

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Robbo-92 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Finally watched episode 3 of Night City and it didn’t really do much to sell me on the game, in fact if that was my first time watching anything to do with it I’d probably not be that excited for it. As it stands however I’m still rather looking forward to this, just hoping I’ll have gotten The Witcher 3 finished off by the time I get to play this.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by JChalmers » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:48 am

The rumoured map has been leaked, alot smaller than people were expecting but alot more dense which to be fair I'd prefer. Hate open world games that are devoid of life because they've made them so huge.

Not sure whether to pick this up at launch on Series X or my PC. Been waiting for this game for so long, cannot wait!

Spoilered map incase you don't want to see it.

Image

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Tafdolphin » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:25 am

:|

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by jiggles » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:30 am

Map has been leaked for the physical edition. Looks a bit smaller than I thought, but also really dense, which I think it might be better off with.

Spoilers obvs
lol

Streaming: Twitch | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Meep » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:40 am

As someone who generally hates massive world maps littered with repetitive activities and expanses of nothing I am encouraged by the idea of more compact area with more detail and verticality. Tired of games being as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Tomous » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:44 am

Map size became a bit of an arms race in open world games. "New Open World 3 is 4x as big as New Open World 2!!". The copy and paste nature and lack of depth makes for a dull experience however.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Jenuall » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Hearing rumours that the map has been leaked and is smaller and more dense than many expected. (A good thing if you ask me)

Will keep you posted if I hear more

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)
by Victor Mildew » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:59 pm

Perhaps a daft question, but is this an rpg like the witcher, or is it an action game like GTA?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Cumberdanes, Damian, Finish.Last, kuliand, Mafro, mcjihge2, Miguel007, Minto, Trelliz and 67 guests