Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:57 pm

That's not a growth wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Giving a solid date now seems kind of pointless as we're so far out.


I'd argue against that. It would make them seem incompetent if they now say they need to delay it, but don't look like they're in control of the situation and don't commit to something.

This way it looks like they know exactly how much work is needed, and how they're going to complete it. After previous delays another is a very risky PR move and they need to do everything they can to show it's not a Half Life 2 situation and the game is strawberry floated and they're just lying to everyone - giving a specific date is really the only way they can do this without showing the actual game.


I could just about understand your line of thinking if they'd cancelled the previous release date and not given a new one. But they haven't done that. They're correctly choosing not give a date for the next gen update patch. I say correctly because they've had to delay the game after officially announcing a date twice already. They've also been upfront about bc on both consoles, next gen update being free, etc. Give them some credit. Speaking of which...
This isn't CDPR's first game, and what they have put out before now, or what I've played of what they've put out, has all been stellar. Not saying swallow everything they say without question, rather that let's just wait and see what happens before we tar and feather them :P

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by That's not a growth » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:18 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Giving a solid date now seems kind of pointless as we're so far out.


I'd argue against that. It would make them seem incompetent if they now say they need to delay it, but don't look like they're in control of the situation and don't commit to something.

This way it looks like they know exactly how much work is needed, and how they're going to complete it. After previous delays another is a very risky PR move and they need to do everything they can to show it's not a Half Life 2 situation and the game is strawberry floated and they're just lying to everyone - giving a specific date is really the only way they can do this without showing the actual game.


I could just about understand your line of thinking if they'd cancelled the previous release date and not given a new one. But they haven't done that. They're correctly choosing not give a date for the next gen update patch. I say correctly because they've had to delay the game after officially announcing a date twice already. They've also been upfront about bc on both consoles, next gen update being free, etc. Give them some credit. Speaking of which...
This isn't CDPR's first game, and what they have put out before now, or what I've played of what they've put out, has all been stellar. Not saying swallow everything they say without question, rather that let's just wait and see what happens before we tar and feather them :P


Looks like I misunderstood what you were saying, I thought you were saying that them saying the game has been delayed until Nov was pointless - I didn't realise your were taking about the next gen patch

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:24 pm

That's not a growth wrote:Looks like I misunderstood what you were saying, I thought you were saying that them saying the game has been delayed until Nov was pointless - I didn't realise your were taking about the next gen patch


HA! Yeah, post was in reply to Photek's post at top of page. My mistake for not making that clear.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by LewisD » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Image

User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by LewisD » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:49 pm

The press who've played the game recently got given these. A cool "I played cyberpunk before release" jumper and a sweet looking bag (take THAT FO76!)

Image

One embargo lifted this morning when journalists were able to share that they have in fact played Cyberpunk 2077 last week. They played it for roughly 4 hours, the PC version with a Xbox One X Joypad. This is the package they got out of it, a sweatshirt that says "played Cyberpunk before launch" and a very cool looking backpack. The second embargo will lift Thursday after the Night City Wire event when they'll be able to share their actual thoughts about the game

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by Mafro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:52 pm

Exclusive merch to make them come across as even bigger fannies? Technically anyone who gets it a few days before launch will have played it before launch too.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by LewisD » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm



That two second clip is - apparently - all in game footage :datass: :datass:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by Jenuall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:08 pm

Aww yeah!

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by Tomous » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Those "i played it before launch" hoodies :slol: :fp:

Image
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by LewisD » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:14 pm

Can we get a change of OP on this thread please?
Nick's usual thing of bogarting the OP of popular games and leaving them to rot is pretty evident here.

Not updated by him for a year - could do with a title change to tell people about Night City Wire.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by Tomous » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:20 pm

LewisD wrote:Can we get a change of OP on this thread please?
Nick's usual thing of bogarting the OP of popular games and leaving them to rot is pretty evident here.

Not updated by him for a year - could do with a title change to tell people about Night City Wire.



Nick left and deleted his account after he got called out for some pretty racist comments. I think it was part of this thread actually.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat) Thursday at 5pm
by Jenuall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 pm

OP was nearly 8 years ago now! :shock:

Image
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by Garth » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 pm

LewisD wrote:Can we get a change of OP on this thread please?
Nick's usual thing of bogarting the OP of popular games and leaving them to rot is pretty evident here.

Not updated by him for a year - could do with a title change to tell people about Night City Wire.

Changed it and gave you the keys :P

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat) Thursday at 5pm
by Preezy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:11 pm

Don't let us down, Lewis. With great power comes great responsibility to come up with witty and memorable thread title updates :capnscotty:

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat) Thursday at 5pm
by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 pm

I might have to give this a watch, not watched or read anything about Cyberpunk so not really sure if it’ll be my type of game or not but may as well give it a watch.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat) Thursday at 5pm
by HaruKazuhira » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:19 pm

My hype for this has wavered over the past year. Hoping this sparks my interest for it agian.

User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - DELAYED AGAIN LOL
by LewisD » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:10 am

Garth wrote:
LewisD wrote:Can we get a change of OP on this thread please?
Nick's usual thing of bogarting the OP of popular games and leaving them to rot is pretty evident here.

Not updated by him for a year - could do with a title change to tell people about Night City Wire.

Changed it and gave you the keys :P


Image

Well I guess I asked for that. :lol:

I'll try not to let you all down :toot:

User avatar
MattAntwood
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat) Thursday at 5pm
by MattAntwood » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:24 am

Personally I will be ready when they release the minimum system requirements.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat) Thursday at 5pm
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:34 am

Got an email about this that promised at least a new trailer and more gameplay. So I'm excited.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire (new trailer, gameplay + dev chat) Thursday at 5pm
by LewisD » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:43 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Got an email about this that promised at least a new trailer and more gameplay. So I'm excited.


Yep, 5pm tonight! It's going to be amazing!

There's also a "Goody Pack" you can download for FREE from GOG:
https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077 ... collection

The chance to get the Cyberpunk 2077 Goodies Collection on GOG.COM for free is here!

This pack compiles the best of official digital content previously released by CD PROJEKT RED as well as some hefty new additions.
It contains awesome concept arts, desktop wallpapers, printable posters, and much more.
Be sure to grab them as fast as possible, because the giveaway is time-limited and lasts only until 4th July 2020, 5 PM UTC!

That’s not all. From today until the 4th of July 2020, 5 PM UTC, you can buy the Ultimate RED Collection in our store. This awesome game pack includes the Cyberpunk 2077 pre-order as well as all titles from The Witcher series with the highest discounts ever.
Last but not least, everyone who pre-orders Cyberpunk 2077 (standalone or as a part of the Ultimate RED Collection) on GOG.COM before July the 4th 2020, 5 PM UTC, will receive a special discount pack on the cool merch connected to the game.
This discount pack includes deals reaching up to -35% on selected Cyberpunk 2077 merch available in CD PROJEKT RED STORE, J!NX online store, and Things From Another World store (for more details look here). As you can see, the Cyberpunk 2077 deals on GOG.COM just keep getting better. Visit our store before July 4th, 2020, at 5 PM UTC, and take the chance to dive deeper into the dark, futuristic world of the upcoming game.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests