Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:02 am

I was going to start streaming DS3 last night but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Hexx » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:07 am

Jenuall wrote:I was going to start streaming DS3 last night but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


If you're massively overleveled at the end of NG, of course you'll be overleveled at the start of NG+ :roll:

Do a SL1 run!

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:19 am

Hexx wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I was going to start streaming DS3 last night but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


If you're massively overleveled at the end of NG, of course you'll be overleveled at the start of NG+ :roll:

Do a SL1 run!


Well I can't see why I would be "massively over-levelled" - I didn't run around grinding souls or anything, just played through the game in a fairly normal fashion! I presume they don't scale according to the player and just go with set stats for enemies for NG+?

SL1? Is that about doing the game without levelling up?

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Hexx » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 am

Jenuall wrote:SL1? Is that about doing the game without levelling up?


Yep

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:25 am

Hexx wrote:
Jenuall wrote:SL1? Is that about doing the game without levelling up?


Yep

Might give it a try out of curiosity but I probably need to move on to something new soon!

Image
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:35 am

Jenuall wrote:I was going to start streaming DS3 last night but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


Scaling thing is something I've found with the whole series to be honest. Seems to be much easier at the start of NG+ than the end of the first play through on all of them. Difficulty cranks up as you progress.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:49 am

Manwell Pablo wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I was going to start streaming DS3 last night but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


Scaling thing is something I've found with the whole series to be honest. Seems to be much easier at the start of NG+ than the end of the first play through on all of them. Difficulty cranks up as you progress.

Good to know!

Levelling up is certainly slower as the souls required is growing a lot faster than the rewards you get from enemies in NG+. Killing a boss early in the first play through would have guaranteed enough souls to go up a level or two but now its not even enough for one!

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Karl_ » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:17 pm

SL1 isn't quite my thing, as lots of interesting weapons require you to spend a few levels, but I'd definitely recommend deliberately under-levelling a bit on your second playthrough. An interesting way to play is to just spend the minimum level-ups required to wield the weapons you like, then don't level beyond that.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Karl_ wrote:SL1 isn't quite my thing, as lots of interesting weapons require you to spend a few levels, but I'd definitely recommend deliberately under-levelling a bit on your second playthrough. An interesting way to play is to just spend the minimum level-ups required to wield the weapons you like, then don't level beyond that.

Yeah this is a good shout, whilst there is frustration about the challenge and death-rate from being underpowered there is undeniably something very rewarding about over coming those seemingly unstoppable enemies from a position of weakness!

Right now I'm enjoying the NG+ ability to stomp over everything but I may return for a restricted level run at some point!

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Mafro » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Mario Maker 2 has killed this thread stone dead :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 pm

Mafro wrote:Mario Maker 2 has killed this thread stone dead :lol:

I got a little further over the weekend in my play through.

Got the Lordvessel previously so I'm clearing out Darkroot then I'll do Sif and New Londo.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by jawafour » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:42 pm

I haven't had a chance to play since streaming on Friday, but I plan on continuing soon - maybe tomorrow :-) .

All is well, just taking a break
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 pm

I've moved on to 3 now so will be sharing about my journey in the DS3 thread. Hoping to stream it where possible as well!

Probably going to dip in and out of the NG+ for this as well so will no doubt have stuff to say about that in here too. :toot:

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Pedz » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Jenuall wrote:
I was going to start streaming DS3 last night
but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


I think Matt and I are going to satart and stream that in August. Maybe you should do a GRplayde and start then too?

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:06 pm

Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
I was going to start streaming DS3 last night
but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


I think Matt and I are going to satart and stream that in August. Maybe you should do a GRplayde and start then too?

I thought you hated Souls Pedz? :lol:

Happy to pause and pick it up again when you guys start though, maybe see if we can get some others on board! :toot:

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Pedz » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
I was going to start streaming DS3 last night
but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


I think Matt and I are going to satart and stream that in August. Maybe you should do a GRplayde and start then too?

I thought you hated Souls Pedz? :lol:

Happy to pause and pick it up again when you guys start though, maybe see if we can get some others on board! :toot:



I do hate it, but I got Matt Dark Souls 3 AGES ago (like over a year) and I'm still waiting for the gooseberry fool to stream it, it's the only way I can get him to do it. Problem now is I have to suffer just to laugh at him :(

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
I was going to start streaming DS3 last night
but then the wife commandeered the TV to watch Love Island :dread: so I carried on with NG+ on this.

So far it seems MUCH easier than the first play through, obviously a fair amount of that will be down to having just got better at the game but it does feel like the enemies haven't necessarily been scaled quite as well as they could have been.

I managed to get through the asylum boss, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, capra demon and moonlight butterfly all in one session. I think I probably only died once as well!

It is a lot of fun running rings around stuff that was so much more frustrating just a short while ago though. Reclaimed my Zweihander ready to feed to Frampt later as well ;)


I think Matt and I are going to satart and stream that in August. Maybe you should do a GRplayde and start then too?

I thought you hated Souls Pedz? :lol:

Happy to pause and pick it up again when you guys start though, maybe see if we can get some others on board! :toot:



I do hate it, but I got Matt Dark Souls 3 AGES ago (like over a year) and I'm still waiting for the gooseberry fool to stream it, it's the only way I can get him to do it. Problem now is I have to suffer just to laugh at him :(

Ah cool, we can all suffer together then!

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Hyperion » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:49 am

Beat the gaping dragon :datass:

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by Jenuall » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:04 am

Hyperion wrote:Beat the gaping dragon :datass:

Never heard it called a "gaping dragon" before but hey, what you get up to in your own time is up to you. ;)

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)
by more heat than light » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:49 am

Jenuall wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Beat the gaping dragon :datass:

Never heard it called a "gaping dragon" before but hey, what you get up to in your own time is up to you. ;)


What do you call it? :?

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Games”