Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Peter Crisp » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:52 pm

The hordes turn up when you get the huge Molotov to use.
The game gives you areas where they could be but you need to find them but it isn't hard as the search areas are pretty small and some of the hordes are huge.
Places like the sawmill (that was the horde from the game trailers shown at E3) have good hordes.
I'm pretty sure the first Horde is part of the story but I could be wrong.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Wedgie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:37 am

Samuel_1 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:I just cannot do the drift/boost trophy, it's driving me crazy. Every time I try it the bike turns fully, grrrr...


I had problems with that. Need to boost your nitro to its maximum upgrade, choose low level wheels so you’ll have less grip.

Lightly steer while boosting. Need to hold down boost and drift, don’t turn too far.

It was the final trophy I needed and a hour later I finally got it!

Thanks, will change the wheels, any tips on where to do it?


There’s a large area next to the second camp, the one that look like an holiday inn.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Samuel_1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:I just cannot do the drift/boost trophy, it's driving me crazy. Every time I try it the bike turns fully, grrrr...


I had problems with that. Need to boost your nitro to its maximum upgrade, choose low level wheels so you’ll have less grip.

Lightly steer while boosting. Need to hold down boost and drift, don’t turn too far.

It was the final trophy I needed and a hour later I finally got it!

Thanks, will change the wheels, any tips on where to do it?


There’s a large area next to the second camp, the one that look like an holiday inn.

Hot Springs?

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Wedgie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:I just cannot do the drift/boost trophy, it's driving me crazy. Every time I try it the bike turns fully, grrrr...


I had problems with that. Need to boost your nitro to its maximum upgrade, choose low level wheels so you’ll have less grip.

Lightly steer while boosting. Need to hold down boost and drift, don’t turn too far.

It was the final trophy I needed and a hour later I finally got it!

Thanks, will change the wheels, any tips on where to do it?


There’s a large area next to the second camp, the one that look like an holiday inn.

Hot Springs?


Think so. I can’t remember exactly where.

There should be an ambulance parked next to it. The area is wide enough for a nitro drift.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Samuel_1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:46 am

Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:I just cannot do the drift/boost trophy, it's driving me crazy. Every time I try it the bike turns fully, grrrr...


I had problems with that. Need to boost your nitro to its maximum upgrade, choose low level wheels so you’ll have less grip.

Lightly steer while boosting. Need to hold down boost and drift, don’t turn too far.

It was the final trophy I needed and a hour later I finally got it!

Thanks, will change the wheels, any tips on where to do it?


There’s a large area next to the second camp, the one that look like an holiday inn.

Hot Springs?


Think so. I can’t remember exactly where.

There should be an ambulance parked next to it. The area is wide enough for a nitro drift.

Thanks :)

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Captain Kinopio » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:30 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever played a game with such inconsistent chaotic writing as this. It lurches one direction to another with important plot points cropping up, seemingly at random, zero character consistency and basically no through thread leading you on.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Peter Crisp » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:30 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:I don’t think I’ve ever played a game with such inconsistent chaotic writing as this. It lurches one direction to another with important plot points cropping up, seemingly at random, zero character consistency and basically no through thread leading you on.


I do admit the story can be a tad erratic.
I think the main problem is that because you have so much choice it sort of screws up the story which I'm not sure they can be faulted for.

I loved the game and it was fun but I do agree the story while solid wasn't fantastic.

I do however hope the sequel is next gen and includes co-op story mode as that would be bloody great.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Captain Kinopio » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:53 am

Peter Crisp wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:I don’t think I’ve ever played a game with such inconsistent chaotic writing as this. It lurches one direction to another with important plot points cropping up, seemingly at random, zero character consistency and basically no through thread leading you on.


I do admit the story can be a tad erratic.
I think the main problem is that because you have so much choice it sort of screws up the story which I'm not sure they can be faulted for.

I loved the game and it was fun but I do agree the story while solid wasn't fantastic.

I do however hope the sequel is next gen and includes co-op story mode as that would be bloody great.


You have choice?

None of the characters actions make any sort of consistent sense.

Hell, most of it is just plain nonsensical.

I’ve also not got onto horde stuff yet despite moving on to a new area. It seemed like the game was setting it up, then it just dropped it and there’s no sign of it again.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:33 pm

The horde stuff is amazing, but strawberry floating hell its hard.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Captain Kinopio » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Does this game ever end

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Peter Crisp » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:13 am

Yep, there's also a second ending after the first ending that takes a couple of hours to activate.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Captain Kinopio » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Done.

I’m not sure I’ve played a more wildly inconsistent game this Gen as this one. strawberry float me, just so much weird gooseberry fool. Gameplay was not good enough or have enough ideas to sustain the length of the game which ultimately led it to becoming pretty dreary. The hoarde stuff on the couple of occasions it’s a proper mission is strawberry floating great. Possibly one of the top 10 gameplay moments of this Gen. Mechanically it’s pretty solid, most of the systems work and interact as intended. The world was a little disappointing, it lacked any real memorable areas and I think should have had a city to punctuate the final chapter. Characters were actually pretty good if hard to track due to their emotional swings and the story beats just not matching with any dialogue or appropriate reactions to anything.

7

I take it the second ending comes from clearing the hoardes?

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Peter Crisp » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:32 pm

You need to clear a few more hordes but not all. I still had loads left when I got it.

The second ending is available online if you're done with the campaign though.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by ITSMILNER » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:53 pm

How is this now since it’s received a few updates? Did it sort out some of the issues the game had in terms of bugs/issues?

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, DarkRula, Kriken, Met, PaperMacheMario, Poser, Red 5 stella, Robbo-92, Snowcannon and 38 guests