Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now

Anything to do with games at all.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by BOR » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:28 am

I’ve completed it last night and it was pretty good, but I will finish it off sometime next week to see the true ending and collect all trophies. :toot:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by BOR » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 pm

:shock:

Dat true ending. I always thought O’Brian was one of the coolest characters in this and there is possibly of a sequel if it ever happens.

I need to get three more skill points then I’m done with a Platinum trophy. :toot:

Edit: And... done! :datass:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by BOR » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:09 pm

Patch 1.10 - 16GB

Survival Difficulty Mode

Survival difficulty mode has been included in this latest patch

This mode includes an immersive HUD

Enemies will deal more damage

Fast Travel has been blocked in this mode

Survival Vision has been modified in this mode

Complete Survival difficulty mode for a new bike decal

Two new trophies have been added exclusive to this new difficulty mode


Progression Issues

Fixed the issue where players didn’t have access to the rock item during certain missions

Items that drop from Bounty jobs should now be acquirable after the target is taken out

Players should not be blocked from completing certain Bounty jobs

The mission cinematic for “There's Nothing You Can Do” will properly trigger

Resolved the issue with the knife in the mission “Sherman's Camp Is Crawling”


General Fixes

Added a tutorial pop-up screen for recovering your bike

Audio improvements have been made for all the guns

Adjusted the reticle to be more visible when shooting

Fixed a player respawn issue in Old Farewell

Various bug fixes and stability improvements

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by gamerforever » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 pm

I’ve got a fair way through this but cannot fast travel yet. I’m not sure if i am doing something wrong?

That update looks great to me.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Wedgie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:46 pm

gamerforever wrote:I’ve got a fair way through this but cannot fast travel yet. I’m not sure if i am doing something wrong?

That update looks great to me.


You can fast travel to camps and Nero campsites but only if you clear out the infestations first.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by gamerforever » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:
gamerforever wrote:I’ve got a fair way through this but cannot fast travel yet. I’m not sure if i am doing something wrong?

That update looks great to me.


You can fast travel to camps and Nero campsites but only if you clear out the infestations first.


Ah, not done many of those!

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Samuel_1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:37 am

Bought this in the days of play sale and I've been totally hooked. There are some technical hiccups and some frame drops here and there, but in the hours I've played I haven't experienced anything too bad. The game play loop is immensely satisfying as are the bike mechanics. The much maligned shooting is far better than indicated by many reviewers.
Perhaps the recent patches have fixed serious problems that I haven't experienced, but to call this a 4 out of 10 game is patently ridiculous, I suppose the average 72% is arguable, but for me it's far better than that.

If anyone liked the look of Days Gone, but was put off by the reviews, as was I, I would highly recommend picking it up, it's excellent.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Peter Crisp » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:49 am

Yep, I agree.

I have been only playing Days Gone for a weeks now and I don't regret a single second of it.
Yes it may not be the most original game ever made and the grind for camps is a tad excessive but the game is huge fun and the hordes are amazing to see and a challenge destroy.

I'd personally give it a 9/10 and I fully got my moneys worth so I'm more than happy with it.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Samuel_1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 am

Peter Crisp wrote:Yep, I agree.

I have been only playing Days Gone for a weeks now and I don't regret a single second of it.
Yes it may not be the most original game ever made and the grind for camps is a tad excessive but the game is huge fun and the hordes are amazing to see and a challenge destroy.

I'd personally give it a 9/10 and I fully got my moneys worth so I'm more than happy with it.


Yeah, I'd agree with a 9. Sort out the technical blips and make the cut scenes seamless and it could even be a 9.5 for me; brilliant stuff!

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by fry87 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:22 am

Bit late to the party but just started playing this over the last few days. Initial impressions are good a few hours in. Encountered my first horde and promptly got brutally killed, but after a few more failed attempts and some revised planning I was able to successfully take them down which was pretty cool. Still early days for the plot and characters though which haven't grabbed me, but game play wise I'm happy so far.

BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by BOR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:47 pm

fry87 wrote:Bit late to the party but just started playing this over the last few days. Initial impressions are good a few hours in. Encountered my first horde and promptly got brutally killed, but after a few more failed attempts and some revised planning I was able to successfully take them down which was pretty cool. Still early days for the plot and characters though which haven't grabbed me, but game play wise I'm happy so far.

I would say the story kicks in about eight-ten hours.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by fry87 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:47 pm

BOR wrote:
fry87 wrote:Bit late to the party but just started playing this over the last few days. Initial impressions are good a few hours in. Encountered my first horde and promptly got brutally killed, but after a few more failed attempts and some revised planning I was able to successfully take them down which was pretty cool. Still early days for the plot and characters though which haven't grabbed me, but game play wise I'm happy so far.

I would say the story kicks in about eight-ten hours.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. As I say, it's still early days and I'm enjoying the game play enough to not be too concerned with the narrative at the moment!

fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by fry87 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:00 am

Making good progress on this. Looking at the percentages for the different story lines I'd guess I'm around 1/2 way through - which is a sign of how big of a game it is.

The plot is getting more interesting now. Still don't know about the protagonist though whose whole moral code thing seems a bit weird when viewed in the context of many of his actions.

Enjoy the thrill of encountering a horde and trying to take them down. I'm a bit better equipped to deal with them now, but even then I still fail fairly regularly!

Overall my current feelings are the reviews were a bit harsh on this. While I can appreciate it does little that's truly unique or revolutionary (although the horde mechanic may be the exception), what it does it largely does well and as a whole it works. Probably an 8 for me at the moment and certainly one of the best games I've played this year.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Peter Crisp » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 am

This game is a prime example of a slow burner.
At first it may seem rather generic and bland but give it a while and it really does start to shine and become something special. I put loads of time into the game and loved it and I have a feeling I'll have other runthrough's in the future. I'd go as far to say it's one of my favourite games of the generation and I could easily have just completely missed out if I had just judged it on the beginning.

I hope people ignored the reviews and gave this a try as it's a great game with some memorable moments and I know I may be in the minority here but I thought the story was quite good with the discovery aspect.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by gamerforever » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:29 am

Bloody breakers are hard to kill, especially when you have two of them! My interest in this game has gone down a little, but still want to finish it.

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Samuel_1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:45 pm

gamerforever wrote:Bloody breakers are hard to kill, especially when you have two of them! My interest in this game has gone down a little, but still want to finish it.

Focus, sniper rifle, head shot.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Peter Crisp » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Or just do what I did and upgrade melee abilities to max, equip the super baseball bat blade thingy (upgraded with the circular saw) and just kick his head in.

It's very satisfying :shifty: .

I did also have max stamina for the time when I needed to make a nice tactical retreat though :arrow: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by gamerforever » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 am

Samuel_1 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Bloody breakers are hard to kill, especially when you have two of them! My interest in this game has gone down a little, but still want to finish it.

Focus, sniper rifle, head shot.


One shot? I don’t think that worked last time i tried. Will go back to it.

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by Samuel_1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 am

gamerforever wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Bloody breakers are hard to kill, especially when you have two of them! My interest in this game has gone down a little, but still want to finish it.

Focus, sniper rifle, head shot.


One shot? I don’t think that worked last time i tried. Will go back to it.

Depends on rifle, but a couple are definitely one shot, the basic one maybe two, but it's a while since I used that...

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Bend Studio | out now
by gamerforever » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:12 am

Samuel_1 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Bloody breakers are hard to kill, especially when you have two of them! My interest in this game has gone down a little, but still want to finish it.

Focus, sniper rifle, head shot.


One shot? I don’t think that worked last time i tried. Will go back to it.

Depends on rifle, but a couple are definitely one shot, the basic one maybe two, but it's a while since I used that...


Thanks, will get back to it soon. Its the mission with 2 breakers that put me off and I stopped playing for a while.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Little Old Man, OldSoulCyborg, PaperMacheMario, Peter Crisp and 46 guests