Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
TonyDA
Member
Joined in 2016
Location: Brighton, East Sussex

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by TonyDA » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:55 pm

For someone who hasn’t played a Souls game before, any opening tips?

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Godzilla » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:54 pm

On the first level find 2 rings, one gives you more health when you're in a certain mode. Another makes you harder to see.

Don't attack everything. Some people are friendly.

Get used to dying. Take your time and hopefully learn from it.

Shortcuts are everywhere but need to be unlocked. So look around. Smash boxes etc.

You're allowed/supposed to use guides and tips for how to cheese bosses or what weapons to use or where to find items.

Loads of great YouTube tips of beginning demon souls and tips.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Hexx » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Polished off 1-2 early

Then went to what I assume is 2-1 (next one up? The smithing one) and made to go and killed next boss without dying. Proper proud of myself.

Are there summons/invaders in this? I’ve got items that suggest so (return to your world etc) but I’ve not seen summon signs everywhere like you normally do

User avatar
Hulohot
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Hulohot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:28 am

Hexx wrote:Polished off 1-2 early

Then went to what I assume is 2-1 (next one up? The smithing one) and made to go and killed next boss without dying. Proper proud of myself.

Are there summons/invaders in this? I’ve got items that suggest so (return to your world etc) but I’ve not seen summon signs everywhere like you normally do


I believe you need to be alive by beating a boss or using an item from your inventory to summon/ be invaded.

I havent done it yet but I've seen the signs to summon after popping that item near a boss door.

User avatar
Hulohot
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Hulohot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 am

TonyDA wrote:For someone who hasn’t played a Souls game before, any opening tips?


There are a few really good weapons in the first area of one of the archstones you unlock upon defeating the first boss.

Grabbing them might make life a little easier if you're finding it tough. My missus was enjoying it but was getting frustrated. I grabbed her these 3 weapons and now she feels stronger and it has helped her motivation to keep at it.

Spoilers for description of where these 3 weapons are.

The storms archstone, you punch (very important to punch them as they are weak to blunt) the skeletons to death and work your way up the hill to the castle door, go through the fog and you'll see a boss monster stood there. Run around the miniboss arena to grab Kiliji, and just behind his ass is a katana type weapon. Going left through a small tunnel just as you pass through that fog door mentioned earlier will lead you to a small area with a tricky skeleton miniboss. Ignore it and grab the glowing orb behind him for the crescent falchion +1, an incredible early game weapon.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Victor Mildew » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:39 am

Today's the day :toot:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by jawa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:46 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Today's the day :toot:

It has been nearly six years since you last mended the world :o .

Hope you enjoy the new mending.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:15 am

Think I'll be starting it this evening too. Unless my wife is sick off work, in which case it'll probably be tomorrow.

User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Yoshimi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 am

I jumped off the ramparts in 4-1 (Shrine of Storms) to get the Regenerators Ring, but I can't find a way out without taking on the boss or dying. Anyone know how? I heard mention of an illusionary wall, but can't find it.

Edit: Nevermind. Ended up trying the boss and died!

Last edited by Yoshimi on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TonyDA
Member
Joined in 2016
Location: Brighton, East Sussex

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by TonyDA » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:45 am

Hulohot wrote:
TonyDA wrote:For someone who hasn’t played a Souls game before, any opening tips?


There are a few really good weapons in the first area of one of the archstones you unlock upon defeating the first boss.

Grabbing them might make life a little easier if you're finding it tough. My missus was enjoying it but was getting frustrated. I grabbed her these 3 weapons and now she feels stronger and it has helped her motivation to keep at it.

Spoilers for description of where these 3 weapons are.

The storms archstone, you punch (very important to punch them as they are weak to blunt) the skeletons to death and work your way up the hill to the castle door, go through the fog and you'll see a boss monster stood there. Run around the miniboss arena to grab Kiliji, and just behind his ass is a katana type weapon. Going left through a small tunnel just as you pass through that fog door mentioned earlier will lead you to a small area with a tricky skeleton miniboss. Ignore it and grab the glowing orb behind him for the crescent falchion +1, an incredible early game weapon.


Thanks a lot Hulolot (and Godzilla).

I’m going to play for a couple of hours later, so will see how I get on and either keep your tips in mind, or die repeatedly, do some online research using your ideas, and come back fighting tomorrow.

Had a quick 30 minutes on this last night. It looks absolutely beautiful.

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Godzilla » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Beaten the boss of 1.2. that was epic and terrifying.

Got a bow, got a good sword and now onto 2.1.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Victor Mildew » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:03 pm

jawa wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Today's the day :toot:

It has been nearly six years since you last mended the world :o .

Hope you enjoy the new mending.


Has it been that long?! :dread:

I've only just started really, currently opened the first short cut in 1-1 and taking it steady.

Looks fantastic :datass:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Hexx » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm

3-1 breaking my spirit and interest in the game. Repeated deaths to one hit kills aren’t fun

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Hexx wrote:3-1 breaking my spirit and interest in the game. Repeated deaths to one hit kills aren’t fun

Thats where I am just now. Those mindflayers are bastards. I had the best luck sneaking up and backstabbing them, but need to go back to it later I think.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Met » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:20 pm

I guess it's at least an accurate remake if people are having a miserable time in Latria. God, I hated that place.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Mafro » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:31 pm

Thrusting attacks work well on them, I downed them in two hits with that.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Hexx » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Hexx wrote:3-1 breaking my spirit and interest in the game. Repeated deaths to one hit kills aren’t fun

Thats where I am just now. Those mindflayers are bastards. I had the best luck sneaking up and backstabbing them, but need to go back to it later I think.


There’s red versions later that just turret you on approach

Not fun. When FromS drop the ball they really drop it

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Mafro » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Is anyone actually playing this in resolution mode? I switched to it out of curiosity and it feels like it runs at 20fps :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:15 pm

How are the assistance vids in this? I had to drop BloodBorne not for the difficulty, but because I got totally lost, and I can see this being the same. I don’t like having to use YT vids etc, as finding the right part stresses me out. Do the ones in this give good contextual info on where to go at any time?
I saw them briefly on Giant Bomb, where they were very critical, but I’m not sure if they were judging them on that basis (ie guidance rather than combat tips).

Image
Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Wedgie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 pm

If you can’t get on with Bloodborne, then I would say to hold off until it drops in price. Apparently Bloodborne is the easier one of the Souls type games.

That’s why I’m very wary of dropping £70 on this. I’m hopeless in Bloodborne.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Chocolate-Milk, kerr9000 and 190 guests