Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Godzilla » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:31 pm

Got to the final boss tonight. Really enjoyed exploring the level leading up to it. I got killed and don't think I've got a chance so I'm going to do all as much as I can in the rest of the game to level up, find items and do white world events until I'm ready to go back and try again.

Currently level 80 but need another 13 faith to use the sword I want.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Pedz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:42 pm

Deluxe edition worth bothering with?

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:10 am

No

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:18 am

Penetrator is one of those rare boss fights where I felt confident enough to drop the shield and go two-handed. Loved that fight :msgreen:

User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by jawa » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:02 am

Pedz wrote:Deluxe edition worth bothering with?

Definitely not, dude. It's £90 and includes items that look pretty cheaty for a Souls game; a better starting shield, armour and other bits that you'd normally find by playing.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Victor Mildew » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:12 am

Adjudicator down, now the nice soul farming spot is just after it :nod:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Poncho
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Poncho » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:51 am

Well god damn if Latria isn't one of the greatest levels I've ever played. At least the best in any of the From games I've played. Creepy, suffocating and oppressive, and I loved every minute of it. And that's just up to the first boss.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:27 am

I've been leveling up in a fairly balanced way. First time in a Souls game that I've even bothered with faith and actually used spells and miracles.

I'm hoping that not specialising doesn't bite me in the arse later down the line :dread:

Just need to level up my dex once more so I can try out the sword I got from the Penetrator.

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Godzilla » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:03 am

I've levelled up my faith to 24 to use the great sword of moonlight. It's so shiny.

Good shield, bow and sword. I want to kill the blue dragon but think I need to level up Dex to use another bow to be able to reach him. Tried magic for the first time but it's very weak as I've not put points in it.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Victor Mildew » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 am

Ive gone the magician route this time, and now I've got more powerful I'm finding things like fireballs and soul arrow to be amazingly effective. I took out adjudicator with just magic. I also have a good bow and have been levelling that up, so I can pick people off from a way back, then flame the bastards if they close in. Ive got a +8 scimitar for then i have to melee.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Mafro » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:10 am

Firestorm can basically one-shot a lot of the bosses iirc so I'm looking forward to that.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:13 am

I really hate that you just don't find any healing items in some areas. You reach a point where you have to halt progress to go back to another area to farm for them.

I'm loving this game so much but it's definitely not my favourite Souls game.

Also, I forgot you could climb up small ledges so I killed myself after dropping down to an item and thinking I couldn't get back up :fp:

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 am

Penetrating sword is awesome :msgreen:

Also just realised I can use the PS5's quick bar thingy to start the game from my current position or from a boss area that I've visited but haven't beaten yet. That's really neat.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Victor Mildew » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am

Zilnad wrote:Penetrating sword is awesome :msgreen:

Also just realised I can use the PS5's quick bar thingy to start the game from my current position or from a boss area that I've visited but haven't beaten yet. That's really neat.


Have you tried that with astrobot? From the game being closed completely, you can go straight in to a level within a few seconds. Amazing really.

I beat the old hero in 4-2 last night. The trip down to that was fun :dread:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Photek » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 am

This seems to be so much faster than Dark Souls, at least in my current game. Maybe it's cos I'm kinda going for a 'turtle' approach, cowering behind my shield until the optimal time to strike. :lol: :oops:

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Godzilla » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:23 am

Over level 100 now. Got 40 in vitality, strength and endurance. Going for 40 in everything. I can get to 200k with farming easily so it'll make the rest of the game a lot easier.

Only got the final boss(es) and old king left to kill. I took down the blue dragon earlier today too.

Remarkable game and easily the most fun I've had gaming in a very long time.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:27 am

Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Penetrating sword is awesome :msgreen:

Also just realised I can use the PS5's quick bar thingy to start the game from my current position or from a boss area that I've visited but haven't beaten yet. That's really neat.


Have you tried that with astrobot? From the game being closed completely, you can go straight in to a level within a few seconds. Amazing really.

I beat the old hero in 4-2 last night. The trip down to that was fun :dread:


Yeah I did it with Astro but I just assumed that sort of thing wouldn't work in a Souls game for some reason. Pretty neat.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Mafro » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:35 am

Zilnad wrote:I really hate that you just don't find any healing items in some areas. You reach a point where you have to halt progress to go back to another area to farm for them.

I was constantly just stocking up on them from one of the merchants so I always had enough on me and some in storage.

I definitely recommend buying that Evacuate miracle or whatever it's called, the one that warps you out of the Nexus without losing souls. It costs 20k I think but it's worth it, especially since the item you buy that does the same costs 5k.

Godzilla wrote:Over level 100 now. Got 40 in vitality, strength and endurance. Going for 40 in everything. I can get to 200k with farming easily so it'll make the rest of the game a lot easier.

Only got the final boss(es) and old king left to kill. I took down the blue dragon earlier today too.

Remarkable game and easily the most fun I've had gaming in a very long time.

Jesus :lol: I think I was only around 65 when I finished it.

I started another character last night focusing on magic and it's so much easier than melee-only builds it's crazy, especially if you go straight to get the Crescent Falchion after beating 1-1.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Godzilla » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 am

I'm still using the crescent falcon, super fast and does for most of the game. I like the heavier swords too but the speed of a lighter sword makes up for my lack of skill.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Demon's Souls Remake (PS5) - Confirmed for launch
by Zilnad » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 am

Mafro wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I really hate that you just don't find any healing items in some areas. You reach a point where you have to halt progress to go back to another area to farm for them.

I was constantly just stocking up on them from one of the merchants so I always had enough on me and some in storage.

I definitely recommend buying that Evacuate miracle or whatever it's called, the one that warps you out of the Nexus without losing souls. It costs 20k I think but it's worth it, especially since the item you buy that does the same costs 5k.


Thanks, I'll take a look at that as there's been a couple of places where I've really missed having homeward bones!

I've lost count of how many souls I've lost permanently but them's the breaks. That was one of the first things I had to stop caring about when I started my Dark Souls journey.


Return to “Games”