Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Mommy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Still struggling but Ill see if I can see a doctor on Monday.
Its a lot of things all coming out at once - work, home, dad dying, mum in hospital. Me trying to do everything.

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Dowbocop » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Mommy Christmas wrote:Still struggling but Ill see if I can see a doctor on Monday.
Its a lot of things all coming out at once - work, home, dad dying, mum in hospital. Me trying to do everything.

Hope you managed to get to the GP. It sounds very platitudinous to say "it'll all get better", but the stuff you're going through is stressful and it does hurt. It's important to try and squeeze some self-care in even if it seems more hassle than it's worth when you're so snowed under.

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Mommy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
Mommy Christmas wrote:Still struggling but Ill see if I can see a doctor on Monday.
Its a lot of things all coming out at once - work, home, dad dying, mum in hospital. Me trying to do everything.

Hope you managed to get to the GP. It sounds very platitudinous to say "it'll all get better", but the stuff you're going through is stressful and it does hurt. It's important to try and squeeze some self-care in even if it seems more hassle than it's worth when you're so snowed under.


Went to doctors, saw a mental health guy. He was sound. Raised an eyebrow when I mentioned my suicide attempt but I assure him it was just me experimenting.
No anti depressants, but no sleeping pills either.
On the list for counselling so its positive.
My boss said he would pay for counselling for me.
My Mrs said if I wanted counselling that badly, id pay for it myself.

She has been a great help.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by more heat than light » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 pm

I wanted to write a big post in here today but I've just been reading other people's issues and they have it worse than me so I'll be brief. I just feel incredibly sad and lethargic. My shop where I work is closing down. Politics. Stressing over Christmas presents and stuff. That's it.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Curls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Write the post anyway, people are happy to read. If you feel gooseberry fool you feel gooseberry fool, it's not a thread for comparing problems.

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Mommy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:I wanted to write a big post in here today but I've just been reading other people's issues and they have it worse than me so I'll be brief. I just feel incredibly sad and lethargic. My shop where I work is closing down. Politics. Stressing over Christmas presents and stuff. That's it.


Its good to let it out. People will read it.

Image
User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Mommy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:25 pm

My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.

Image
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Curls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Mommy Christmas wrote:My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.


Have you spoken to her about the initial issues you had after your dad died etc? Is it not salvageable, do you want to salvage it?

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Mommy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 am

Walking in a Winter Winckleland wrote:
Mommy Christmas wrote:My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.

lmao good


:|

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Victor Mildew » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:48 am

Walking in a Winter Winckleland wrote:
Mommy Christmas wrote:My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.

lmao good


This isn't the topic for jokes.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Victor Mildew » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:12 am

Mommy Christmas wrote:My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.


I've not been in here for a while so apologies if I'm missing the context, but is this out of the blue?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Mommy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:32 am

Things have been pretty poor for a while. Ive been staying at my mums for the last week as the place is empty and it helps me to get my head straight.
I think she sees that as a sign of rejection and has reacted by calling it a day.
I said that I want us to get to a position where all four of us, are happy. She isnt, Im not and the kids see the petty arguments and it upsets them. Last Thursday (5th) little sprog ran upstairs crying because she had heard us arguing. That was a big point in me having a breakdown.
To see her in tears, saying that she hated her mum cut me up.
I blame myself for the communication breakdown. I come home from work most days with a head full of work. I dont switch off, I block out. Play on phone, watch TV, PC, consoles, anything to just take me to somewhere safe. Ive spoken to the other Directors and they have told me to step back, reassess, get someone in below me to lessen my burden. Im a workaholic, put simply but if the alternative is another nervous episode Ill take the option to step back. Probably too late for this relationship but it will allow me to get on a level footing with the kids.

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Winckle » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:21 pm

Victor Mistletoe wrote:
Walking in a Winter Winckleland wrote:
Mommy Christmas wrote:My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.

lmao good


This isn't the topic for jokes.

Agreed. I wasn't joking.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Qikz » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:22 pm

I know this isnt really the thread but your name would've been better as Walking in a Winckle Wonderland.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Mommy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Walking in a Winter Winckleland wrote:
Victor Mistletoe wrote:
Walking in a Winter Winckleland wrote:
Mommy Christmas wrote:My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.

lmao good


This isn't the topic for jokes.

Agreed. I wasn't joking.


No, thats fine. You do whatever you need to do. This thread has always been there for those that are looking for a place to go when there is nowhere else.
You are happy to bring feelings that you have for me from the election thread and others. Go you.
Make light of mental health issues.

Image
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Curls » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Winckle your being a prick. Be mean in the election thread, get out of here.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Pedz » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Mommy Christmas wrote:
Walking in a Winter Winckleland wrote:
Victor Mistletoe wrote:
Walking in a Winter Winckleland wrote:
Mommy Christmas wrote:My Mrs told me tonight that we are done.
Friday 13th. Thatll stick in my mind.

lmao good


This isn't the topic for jokes.

Agreed. I wasn't joking.


No, thats fine. You do whatever you need to do. This thread has always been there for those that are looking for a place to go when there is nowhere else.
You are happy to bring feelings that you have for me from the election thread and others. Go you.
Make light of mental health issues.


And yet you support people not being able to get help with these mental issues. Why should anyone give a gooseberry fool when you happily laugh at others who will now suffer?

Image
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Curls » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Shut up the lot of you, non of this is helping.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Pedz » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Curls wrote:Shut up the lot of you, non of this is helping.


No, I won't. Report me if you need to, but, why the strawberry float should I feel ANY sympathy for someone who actively supports people who suffer like himself but without money to suffer even more? strawberry float that gooseberry fool. I have explained exactly why people like Mommy can get strawberry floated in other threads. and I stand by that.

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Depression, Anxiety, or other Mental Health Conditions
by Zilnad » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:23 pm

I'm new here so I apologise if I'm talking of turn but has Mommy really done something bad enough to deserve that kind of hatred? I assume he's posted some very disagreeable political views but this thread appears to be a sanctuary to a lot of people so I can't imagine how far he must have gone to deserve a reaction like that.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm overstepping my boundaries, coming at this as an outsider, but it was an alarming exchange to read.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, Lex-Man, Monkey Man, Oblomov Boblomov, Qikz, Ste, Vermilion, Yoshimi, Zaichik and 64 guests