Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:52 pm

Full list of coming and going

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49189

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:58 pm

I'd love to do the dungeon with chums but guessing so far behind light curve.

And grinding same old activities to get there doesn't feel like it'll appeal

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Hexx wrote:I'd love to do the dungeon with chums but guessing so far behind light curve.

And grinding same old activities to get there doesn't feel like it'll appeal

Seen a lot of people already calling it Season of the Summer Vacation :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:11 pm

pinching that

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:55 pm

Hexx wrote:pinching that

Am I reading this right about the story for this new season:

Rasputin has been offed just like that after all that buildup since Warmind? :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by BOR » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:01 am

Are they bringing Destiny 1 content back?

Hmm I could go back in again when it becomes available.

Also, did they say all content will be free on the next gen consoles?

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:16 am

BOR wrote:Are they bringing Destiny 1 content back?

Hmm I could go back in again when it becomes available.

Also, did they say all content will be free on the next gen consoles?

The Destiny 1 Year 1 version of the Cosmodrome is coming back with the two strikes there, as well as Vault of Glass at some point next year. The next gen content will be free if you've already bought it for current gen.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:16 am

Mafro wrote:
Hexx wrote:pinching that

Am I reading this right about the story for this new season:

Rasputin has been offed just like that after all that buildup since Warmind? :lol:


I’m not reading that I like the story and might play it at some point

People are saying first mission has a lot of lore/story in

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Tafdolphin » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:10 am

Hexx wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Hexx wrote:pinching that

Am I reading this right about the story for this new season:

Rasputin has been offed just like that after all that buildup since Warmind? :lol:


I’m not reading that I like the story and might play it at some point

People are saying first mission has a lot of lore/story in


Yup, definitely more than previous seasons, and it's free to boot. Stuff about Savathun, new skyboxes with Pyramid ships, a funky looking tree thing and a load of exposition from Eris.

I'm excited about the future but this season looks to have almost zero content. The new public event is just open world Gambit and the new dungeon is free to everyone, leaving an exotic quest and the season pass progress bar as the only thing you're paying for. Understandable, given what they're working on and how they've been forced to work on it.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Still amazed that it'll be another year before Savathun actually appears. Ridiculous they're stretching it out this much.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Parksey » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:59 pm

Mafro wrote:Still amazed that it'll be another year before Savathun actually appears. Ridiculous they're stretching it out this much.


To be fair, there haven't been that many overt mentions of her in-game - a lot of it has been tucked away in the lore, as Bungie think there an effective way for a game to tell 80% of its story.

They do tend to spin the story outwards for breadth instead of focus on actually finishing plot strands. It's a shame, as the world and its plots is actually interesting just the methods they use aren't really engrossing (who wants to bloody read loads of text entries or an-game equivalent of a Wiki.

They have these interesting little side glances (like I enjoyed the dreaming city and Riven stuff, despite it not beignn the main plot) but stuff just gets teased, hinted at and then it's on to some other thing.

User avatar
kommissarboris
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: belfast

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by kommissarboris » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:32 pm

I'm on ps4.

Sunday night any one wanna join in helping me and a mate through some dungeons and stuff?

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Fade » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:19 am

Have they improved the control customisation on console yet?

Or can you still not adjust FOV or the X/Y axis independently?

Because whatever genius thought it was a good idea to make Y axis sensitivity always lower than X in a game where you're jumping all the time is a strawberry floating idiot.

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:59 am

Fade wrote:Have they improved the control customisation on console yet?

Or can you still not adjust FOV or the X/Y axis independently?

Because whatever genius thought it was a good idea to make Y axis sensitivity always lower than X in a game where you're jumping all the time is a strawberry floating idiot.

They haven't done anything about those yet. I dunno about an FOV slider, they previously used the "wanting to keep feature parity" excuse when people kept asking for 60fps on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version because they didn't want those players to have an advantage over the standard console owners. But now they've announced 60fps for the next gen consoles with crossplay in the same ecosystem then that excuse is out the window now. Don't see any reason why they can't add it, but you know what they're like.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Fade » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am

Mafro wrote:
Fade wrote:Have they improved the control customisation on console yet?

Or can you still not adjust FOV or the X/Y axis independently?

Because whatever genius thought it was a good idea to make Y axis sensitivity always lower than X in a game where you're jumping all the time is a strawberry floating idiot.

They haven't done anything about those yet. I dunno about an FOV slider, they previously used the "wanting to keep feature parity" excuse when people kept asking for 60fps on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version because they didn't want those players to have an advantage over the standard console owners. But now they've announced 60fps for the next gen consoles with crossplay in the same ecosystem then that excuse is out the window now. Don't see any reason why they can't add it, but you know what they're like.

I literally can't even think about playing the game until they add something like that.

It makes multiplayer an absolute chore to play. People just jump outside your FOV and basically disappear because it's so narrow.

I never get why this game gets praised for it's shooting. Yes it feels satisfying, but that's mostly because of the effects. The actual aiming/shooting is really imprecise and spongey with loads of bullet magnetism.

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Buffalo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Didn’t bother with the season pass or the game in general last season but I might give this one a go before buying the expansion. I did read that they’re going to merge gambit and gambit prime at some point, hopefully that means getting rid of the latter altogether.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Buying the digital deluxe edition of D2 to get the season pass for cheaper remains one of the biggest wastes of money I've spent on a game. Not a chance I'm doing that again, the content was shite and I don't trust Bungie to keep their consistency up for a year without the usual cycle of strawberry floating stuff up and having to fix it again.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Buffalo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:28 pm

I’ve found that rarely if ever are the expansions/seasons a decent value for money. Always feel like such a rip.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Taken King and Forsaken definitely were good value, they were both basically relaunches to "fix" the game. You could maybe argue Rise of Iron was as well.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Buffalo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:44 pm

True, true. The bite wounds from stuff like Osiris maybe haven’t healed properly.


Return to “Games”