Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:00 am

Parksey wrote:How have I not got that catalyst yet? I want it so I can go level it up in Gambit and get Hush, which is one of the few Pinnacle/Ritual weapons I haven't gotten yet (still need bloody multi kills for the Mountaintop).


God that thing was a nightmare to get. Took me forever, AND I did it after the requirements were dropped by a magnitude of 10. It's a great weapon though.

I'm actually fairly determined to get this season's title which would be my first. Most of the revealed requirements are fairly simple, although there're 7 secret ones and I have no doubt some will revolve around Solo/Flawless runs of the new dungeon which I haven't even attempted yet (just hitting 1040 now).

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Buffalo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:39 am

I picked up both Trinity Ghoul and the catalyst by complete accident - it was sat in my vault at 750 power, no idea when I got the catalyst. Anyway I did the objective for it and it is indeed pretty good.

User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Crimson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:47 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Parksey wrote:How have I not got that catalyst yet? I want it so I can go level it up in Gambit and get Hush, which is one of the few Pinnacle/Ritual weapons I haven't gotten yet (still need bloody multi kills for the Mountaintop).


God that thing was a nightmare to get. Took me forever, AND I did it after the requirements were dropped by a magnitude of 10. It's a great weapon though.

I'm actually fairly determined to get this season's title which would be my first. Most of the revealed requirements are fairly simple, although there're 7 secret ones and I have no doubt some will revolve around Solo/Flawless runs of the new dungeon which I haven't even attempted yet (just hitting 1040 now).

I've been one single drop away from getting my first title (Wayfarer) for months now. All I need is the Dreaming City scout rifle and somehow across hundreds of hours, it hasn't dropped for me a single time. Even if you do end up having to solo/flawless the new dungeon at least you won't end up trapped in RNG hell.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Buffalo wrote:I picked up both Trinity Ghoul and the catalyst by complete accident - it was sat in my vault at 750 power, no idea when I got the catalyst. Anyway I did the objective for it and it is indeed pretty good.


I've no idea how I got Trinity Ghoul, but the catalyst is supposed to drop fairly early on for any activity this season.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Buffalo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:38 pm

I fully expect them to nerf all bows in true anti-fun Bungie fashion.
Alright that’s a bit harsh, but I’m having a lot of fun with Gnawing Hunger, so it wouldn’t shock me if an auto rifle debuff is on the way.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Tafdolphin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:14 am

Things bungie will absolutely nerf asap

- Trinity Ghoul catalyst
- Swords, especially Falling Guillotine

I know this because these are both the best ways to have fun in the game at the moment, and we can't be having that now can we?

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:21 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Things bungie will absolutely nerf asap

- Trinity Ghoul catalyst
- Swords, especially Falling Guillotine

I know this because these are both the best ways to have fun in the game at the moment, and we can't be having that now can we?

The swords were buffed to that totally makes sense.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Tafdolphin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Mafro wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Things bungie will absolutely nerf asap

- Trinity Ghoul catalyst
- Swords, especially Falling Guillotine

I know this because these are both the best ways to have fun in the game at the moment, and we can't be having that now can we?

The swords were buffed to that totally makes sense.


Falling Guillotine is insane, goes through yellow bars like butter. The ever-present boss stomp makes them difficult to use effectively but they're still fun.

Apparently the Arrival triumph for killing different types of Contact bosses is still bugged. I've killed all three now and it still only shows last week's Monstrosity as completed.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Parksey » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:29 am

Yeah it's bugged for me too. I hope they rewarded it retrospectively but I'm guessing maybe not. Like you, I might go for the title this season too, unless it requires solo dungeon completion or something like that.

And I finally got the Trinity Ghoul catalyst so they had better not nerf it. I'm always late to the party so I only tend to get the weapon immediately before a downgrade. Think I got to enjoy one or two lovely weeks of peak Recluse before it got changed.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Tafdolphin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Does anyone know if they've gotten rid of the blue/purple halo for 100k Nightfall? Ran this week's multiple times on 1050 last night to farm shards and was over that score every time. Put the emblem on and...nothing. also no-one else in the social areas seems to have the halo either...

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:Does anyone know if they've gotten rid of the blue/purple halo for 100k Nightfall? Ran this week's multiple times on 1050 last night to farm shards and was over that score every time. Put the emblem on and...nothing. also no-one else in the social areas seems to have the halo either...

They got rid of that months ago I think?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:41 am

Mafro wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Does anyone know if they've gotten rid of the blue/purple halo for 100k Nightfall? Ran this week's multiple times on 1050 last night to farm shards and was over that score every time. Put the emblem on and...nothing. also no-one else in the social areas seems to have the halo either...

They got rid of that months ago I think?


Shows how long I've been away!

Parksey wrote:Yeah it's bugged for me too. I hope they rewarded it retrospectively but I'm guessing maybe not. Like you, I might go for the title this season too, unless it requires solo dungeon completion or something like that..


A few of the secret requirements are up on Light.gg. They seem to relate to a new variant of the weekly story quest that's coming and this season's Exotic weapon quest as well as a new sub-type of Umbram Engram decoding related to it (which again haven't been released yet). There are a few that are still locked though, but this does appear to be one of, if not the, easiest to unlock titles they've had.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, D_C, DaveDS, Denster, Dig Dug, Fruits Punch Samurai, HaruKazuhira, Jezo, jiggles, kazanova_Frankenstein, Lime, Mafro, Met, Peter Crisp, PJ and 61 guests