Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Which streaming services do you currently/plan to subscribe to?

Disney+
34
18%
Netflix
66
35%
Amazon Prime
53
28%
Now TV
16
9%
Apple TV+
10
5%
YouTube TV
2
1%
ITV Hub+
1
1%
Britbox (BBC/ITV)
3
2%
Other
2
1%
 
Total votes: 187
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Jenuall » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:49 am

To be fair I'd still rather watch the creepy baby than have to sit through Cars 2 again.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Rex Kramer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:01 am

jiggles wrote:Alright, so what is the best song in a Disney movie and why is it Under the Sea

One of my kids has starting signing this after watching it but he goes
"Under the sea,
It's 90% fish wee"

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by shy guy 64 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:57 pm

Lex-Man wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:They are literally tech demos, before making movies Pixar made animation software. Those shorts were made to promote the new features of the software.

EDIT:
I didn't realize it they still make renderman which is licensed to third parties.


i know all that, doesnt mean im not allowed to think they havent aged as gracefully as other things from the time



It was more to Corazon de Leon saying they're basically tech demos. I'm sure early cgi doesn't look great.


oh right, sorry i thought you were being accusational

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Lex-Man » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:They are literally tech demos, before making movies Pixar made animation software. Those shorts were made to promote the new features of the software.

EDIT:
I didn't realize it they still make renderman which is licensed to third parties.


i know all that, doesnt mean im not allowed to think they havent aged as gracefully as other things from the time



It was more to Corazon de Leon saying they're basically tech demos. I'm sure early cgi doesn't look great.


oh right, sorry i thought you were being accusational


Sorry I came off like that.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by shy guy 64 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Lex-Man wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:They are literally tech demos, before making movies Pixar made animation software. Those shorts were made to promote the new features of the software.

EDIT:
I didn't realize it they still make renderman which is licensed to third parties.


i know all that, doesnt mean im not allowed to think they havent aged as gracefully as other things from the time



It was more to Corazon de Leon saying they're basically tech demos. I'm sure early cgi doesn't look great.


oh right, sorry i thought you were being accusational


Sorry I came off like that.


oh not at all, its hard to judge these things

Image
User avatar
Ploiper
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Ploiper » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:56 am

got the weeks free trial, will cancel before it ends so I don't have to pay for it. really only got it so I could watch the live action lady and the tramp movie. was pretty good.

:toot: :toot: :toot:
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Buffalo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:36 am

Tight.

Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Dual » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:36 am

When does the next mandolorian go up?

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by DarkRula » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:25 am

Dual wrote:When does the next mandolorian go up?


Gotta wait till Friday.

Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Captain Kinopio » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm

I just realised in my Marvel run through that this doesn’t even have SpiderMan.

Really not impressed with Disney+ at all, given its strawberry floating Disney the most giant media entertainment company ever, there is startlingly little I’m interested in watching. I’m not even sure I’ll stick with it for all of The Mandalorian.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Tomous » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:00 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:I just realised in my Marvel run through that this doesn’t even have SpiderMan.

Really not impressed with Disney+ at all, given its strawberry floating Disney the most giant media entertainment company ever, there is startlingly little I’m interested in watching. I’m not even sure I’ll stick with it for all of The Mandalorian.



They don’t own the Spider-Man films, Sony do.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Saint of Killers » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:I just realised in my Marvel run through that this doesn’t even have SpiderMan.

Really not impressed with Disney+ at all, given its strawberry floating Disney the most giant media entertainment company ever, there is startlingly little I’m interested in watching. I’m not even sure I’ll stick with it for all of The Mandalorian.


It wasn't worth it for me even at the deal price, but Mandalorian is as good as everyone said it was and you need to watch it. However you can.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Mafro » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:32 pm

Should've checked what was on there before subscribing.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:02 am

I’m hopeful that over the next year some decent stuff will appear. However I’m expecting in the more distant future that there may be significant cutbacks as some of the stuff won’t be able to be filmed for the foreseeable future.

Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Dual » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:40 am

When will the latest star wars film go up?

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Tomous » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:52 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:I’m hopeful that over the next year some decent stuff will appear. However I’m expecting in the more distant future that there may be significant cutbacks as some of the stuff won’t be able to be filmed for the foreseeable future.


There is some old stuff they can’t put up yet as it’s under deal with other streaming sites.

But yeh you’re right, filming will surely be disrupted.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Tomous » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:54 am

Dual wrote:When will the latest star wars film go up?


It doesn’t have a release date at the moment despite going up early in the US.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Frank » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:37 pm



The Imagineering Story was fantastic so hopefully this is the same sort of quality. Interesting that it's whole-season-at-once when they seemed against that previously... Wonder if that's just because of the lockdown, or if they're happy now that people have had to pay for a few weeks rather than using their free trial to blitz through all the good stuff?

Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Memento Mori » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Imagineering Story is an excellent documentary, I've been going through at UK pace. The state of that castle in Disney Hong Kong. :dread:

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Denster » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:14 pm

Loving the Jeff Goldblum series.

Get the kite, Beavis.

Return to “Stuff”