Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Which streaming services do you currently/plan to subscribe to?

Disney+
40
19%
Netflix
73
35%
Amazon Prime
59
29%
Now TV
17
8%
Apple TV+
10
5%
YouTube TV
2
1%
ITV Hub+
1
0%
Britbox (BBC/ITV)
3
1%
Other
2
1%
 
Total votes: 207
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Moggy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:09 pm

Rex Krampus wrote:
On February 23, Disney Plus is getting Star – a new entertainment 'brand' that brings a payload of adult-friendly TV shows and movies to subscribers of the service. Disney has now revealed what the first wave of this content will bring viewers, and confirmed that the addition of Star will double the amount you can watch on the streamer.

The launch line-up includes TV shows like 24, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Atlanta, How I Met Your Mother, The X-Files, Prison Break and Black-ish, with a 'selection' of Die Hard movies available, too. Star Originals will also be part of the offering.

The only downside? The price of Disney Plus in the UK will increase to £7.99 per month or £79.90 per year as of February 23 (as explained by this help page) – though existing subscribers will keep the current £5.99 monthly/£59.99 annual rate until August 23, 2021, according to Disney. The company revealed this back in December. That might make this a good time to grab the annual rate if you're a monthly subscriber, so you won't have to pay the new price until 2022.

Disney has also confirmed that the first two Star Originals – that is, exclusive content you won't find elsewhere in the UK – are crime thriller series Big Sky and well-reviewed high school drama Love, Victor. In the US, these already released on the ABC network and Hulu respectively.


https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/disne ... e-increase


That's a pretty big price increase.

I'll renew at the lower rate in March, but they are going to have to wow me if I am to renew next year at that price.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Mafro » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 pm

wtf @ that price increase :lol: I subbed when they had the annual price for £49.99 pre launch which ends in March. Genuinely thinking about cancelling it and just pirating the Marvel and Star Wars shows in 4K until either they actually bother to update the PS5 app with 4K, or a new model of the Apple TV comes out. Whichever happens first.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Edd
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Edd » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:26 pm

24 and Lost are some great lockdown binge-worthy shows at least.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Moggy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Mafro wrote:wtf @ that price increase :lol: I subbed when they had the annual price for £49.99 pre launch which ends in March. Genuinely thinking about cancelling it and just pirating the Marvel and Star Wars shows in 4K until either they actually bother to update the PS5 app with 4K, or a new model of the Apple TV comes out. Whichever happens first.


They'd have been better off announcing a £5/£10 increase and then slowly increasing it over the next couple of years.

Image
User avatar
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by jawa2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:28 pm

Mafro wrote:Desperate Housewives! :D

I'd thought you were laughing about it being brought back but I can now see you're genuinely excited for it, Maf!

twitter.com/themafro/status/1346163613661331457


User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Venom » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:15 am

24! Honestly, the most gripping series. I remember once watching FIVE episodes in a row! :fp: This was back in the era when your phone was on even when it was off, so when you were escaping being tracked by enemy entities you had to destroy the chip and throw your phone in the bin.


I'm just not going to watch Disney+ throughout the year so will cancel and will rejoin in time for Boba Fett. I've just started watching the Star Wars Clone Wars series so might try and catch up with this through the year before then.

User avatar
Finiarél
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Finiarél » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:39 am

Shame I binge watched Desperate housewives literally 6 months ago! Might have to try another Lost/24 binge!

glowy69 wrote:Being from the hood won't save you from an alien mate.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:54 pm

Binged through Gravity Falls this past week or so. Absolutely blew me away.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by shy guy 64 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:Binged through Gravity Falls this past week or so. Absolutely blew me away.


in a good way?

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 am

shy guy 64 wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:Binged through Gravity Falls this past week or so. Absolutely blew me away.


in a good way?


Very good way. The animation is fantastic, the characters and character development first class, the voice acting is awesome, and the stories are actually really great. I wasn't sure I'd like it at first, but by the end I was binging hard.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by shy guy 64 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:06 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:Binged through Gravity Falls this past week or so. Absolutely blew me away.


in a good way?


Very good way. The animation is fantastic, the characters and character development first class, the voice acting is awesome, and the stories are actually really great. I wasn't sure I'd like it at first, but by the end I was binging hard.


it was an awesome show

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by rinks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:21 pm

I’m gorging through the content I want to see before my free sub runs out. I’ve done all the Marvel stuff, so now I just need to watch all 11 Star Wars films in 4K, plus all of The Mandalorian. I’m watching The Phantom Menace for the first time in 20 years. The racism-by-accent was hideously cringe-inducing back then, and it’s only got worse with time. And some of the CGI is so bad, it looks unfinished. Glad I’m getting this crap out of the way first by watching it in timeline order instead of by release.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Mafro » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:50 pm

rinks wrote:I’m gorging through the content I want to see before my free sub runs out. I’ve done all the Marvel stuff, so now I just need to watch all 11 Star Wars films in 4K, plus all of The Mandalorian. I’m watching The Phantom Menace for the first time in 20 years. The racism-by-accent was hideously cringe-inducing back then, and it’s only got worse with time. And some of the CGI is so bad, it looks unfinished. Glad I’m getting this crap out of the way first by watching it in timeline order instead of by release.

Is this the first time you'll have seen Rise of Skywalker? :dread:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by rinks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:43 pm

Mafro wrote:
rinks wrote:I’m gorging through the content I want to see before my free sub runs out. I’ve done all the Marvel stuff, so now I just need to watch all 11 Star Wars films in 4K, plus all of The Mandalorian. I’m watching The Phantom Menace for the first time in 20 years. The racism-by-accent was hideously cringe-inducing back then, and it’s only got worse with time. And some of the CGI is so bad, it looks unfinished. Glad I’m getting this crap out of the way first by watching it in timeline order instead of by release.

Is this the first time you'll have seen Rise of Skywalker? :dread:

Haha, no I’ve seen them all (except Solo), but this is my first chance to watch the whole lot in 4K. And apart from seeing them when they were first in the cinema, I’ve only watched the original trilogy in SD, so that’s my real motivation.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Monkey Man » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:41 am

twitter.com/DisneyPlusUK/status/1350013103006752768


Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:25 am

Venom wrote:24! Honestly, the most gripping series. I remember once watching FIVE episodes in a row! :fp: This was back in the era when your phone was on even when it was off, so when you were escaping being tracked by enemy entities you had to destroy the chip and throw your phone in the bin.


When it was good, it was sooooo good. When I first started seeing my now wife, she bought the first series box set as she's heard it was good, but they sent the entire 1-6 set by accident for the same price, and said to keep it. Once we'd started series 2, one Saturday we stayed in bed the entire day and in between floating watched I think it was 8 episodes :lol:

Palmer :wub:

Tony :wub:

DAMMIT CHLOE!

Series 5 (Which is basically the Trump presidency series).

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:30 am

I rewatched it with my wife last year and somehow it still holds up.

It's utterly daft at times but I still loved it.

Plus a general reminder that it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger with Jack heading off to Russian Prison.

Still kinda hope that they do one last run as Live another day was surprisingly good.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:33 am

I never quite got the love for 24. It's so painfully overwrought and full of desperate hand holding as if they don't respect the audience to understand or remember even the most obvious of developments.

It's definitely solid "switch off the brain" TV and there's a good chance I'll be rewatching it when it comes to D+

Image
User avatar
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by jawa2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 am

I've not seen 24 and I'm keen to check it out. Plus I shall take another look at Desperate Housewives, Lost and (yay!) The X-Files :toot: .

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am

I think everyone wants to see Tony rejoin CTU (or whatever they ended up calling it in the end) and rescue Jack,then have to escape from Russia.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”