Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Which streaming services do you currently/plan to subscribe to?

Disney+
37
19%
Netflix
69
35%
Amazon Prime
56
29%
Now TV
16
8%
Apple TV+
10
5%
YouTube TV
2
1%
ITV Hub+
1
1%
Britbox (BBC/ITV)
3
2%
Other
2
1%
 
Total votes: 196
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:37 am

Finished off Rebels tonight. After a wobbly start and an unusual visual style that took a couple of episodes to get used to, I have to say, that was a really strawberry floating good show. Definitely the equal of the Clone Wars.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Buffalo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Getting knacker-deep into 90’s x-men, what a show. Just finished the Phoenix story in season 3.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Anyone else still having freezing issues? I'm on my PS4 and even when holding L1 + R1 to clear the cache on starting the app up, it still happens a lot.

Yes, I've tried powering down my router and such.

fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by fry87 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:26 am

Finding the content a little thin and lacking so will probably cancel my Disney+ membership after Hamilton next month, as I know my partner would like to see that.

There's been some good stuff though like The Mandalorian, The World According to Jeff Goldblum & Gravity Falls, the latter of which was a real hidden gem.

Will probably return when they have some more original content, like the Marvel universe stuff.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Pedz » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:28 pm

Gravity Falls :wub:

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:35 pm

My youngest is currently watching the Silver Surfer series. Don't remember it from back in the day but it's pretty good.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Fade » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:21 pm

Why does this app not have a skip preview like Netflix does?

Makes it really difficult to fast forward through stuff or find something you missed

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by dmin » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:44 am

fry87 wrote:Finding the content a little thin and lacking so will probably cancel my Disney+ membership after Hamilton next month, as I know my partner would like to see that.

There's been some good stuff though like The Mandalorian, The World According to Jeff Goldblum & Gravity Falls, the latter of which was a real hidden gem.

Will probably return when they have some more original content, like the Marvel universe stuff.

Yeah, i agree; i mainly got it for my son to watch during lockdown, so its done its job. Personally though, i've been pretty disappointed. It needs more new content added regularly; which will be rectified later in year with the Marvel shows and Mandalorian S2.

Gravity Falls has been the biggest revelation :wub:

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:44 pm

Once I’m through Clone Wars and Rebels (then watched The Mandalorian again) I’ll probably cancel it till all of the second series of The Mandalorian is on there.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Grumpy David » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:38 am


User avatar
Tineash
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Tineash » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am

If only Burr had shot him before all that awful singing

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Preezy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Anyone else encountering volume issues on this? I've been having to turn up/turn down the volume whenever I watch something new, seems like each show is set at a different default volume. On some the music is really loud and the conversational noise is low, on others it seems like everything is cranked to 11 except for the music. Quite irritating :x

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Zilnad » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Hammy Tonne! :msgreen:

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:24 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:I always remember the X-Men cartoons being good but rewatching now, they're strawberry floating excellent (aside from the actual animation).


if youre referring to the 90s one i warn you now the animation style inexplicably changes towards the end

Kids made it to season 5 and christ on a bike what did they do to it? Beast's head changes size about 5 times in the same scene. Its absolutely terrible.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Disney+ streaming service announced - coming Nov 19 (US confirmed) | Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | Nat
by shy guy 64 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:37 pm

Pedz wrote:Gravity Falls :wub:


i know right?

Rex Kramer wrote:Kids made it to season 5 and christ on a bike what did they do to it? Beast's head changes size about 5 times in the same scene. Its absolutely terrible.


yeah it threw me as well

Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Buffalo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:21 pm

Sacked off the animation studio to do it in-house (?) instead. Absolute trash. A couple of stories start up, only to go nowhere as the season ends after like 6 episodes. What a waste.
Started watching Recess and it’s way better than I remembered! Didn’t rate the 2 Avengers cartoons on there but the animation was topper.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Dowbocop » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 pm

When you're on the main page and you select one of the five main franchises, are the lists curated? I looked at Nat Geo and it seemed like a really poor selection of titles. I then went to Pixar to add a few things to our watchlist and I couldn't find Big Hero 6 or Wreck it Ralph anywhere on that screen. I had to manually search to find them. Seems really weird...

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:47 pm

Dowbocop wrote:When you're on the main page and you select one of the five main franchises, are the lists curated? I looked at Nat Geo and it seemed like a really poor selection of titles. I then went to Pixar to add a few things to our watchlist and I couldn't find Big Hero 6 or Wreck it Ralph anywhere on that screen. I had to manually search to find them. Seems really weird...


If you want to just look at an A-Z list then go to ‘search’, click either ‘originals’, ‘movies’ or ‘series’, then Click A-Z.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Frank » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 pm

Neither Big Hero 6 or Wreck-It Ralph are Pixar :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Disney+ Thread ( Disney | Fox | Pixar | Marvel | Star Wars | NatGeo )
by Dowbocop » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:45 am

Frank wrote:Neither Big Hero 6 or Wreck-It Ralph are Pixar :shifty:

An absolutely piffling irrelevancy :slol:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:When you're on the main page and you select one of the five main franchises, are the lists curated? I looked at Nat Geo and it seemed like a really poor selection of titles. I then went to Pixar to add a few things to our watchlist and I couldn't find Big Hero 6 or Wreck it Ralph anywhere on that screen. I had to manually search to find them. Seems really weird...


If you want to just look at an A-Z list then go to ‘search’, click either ‘originals’, ‘movies’ or ‘series’, then Click A-Z.

I will have a gander at that next time, cheers!


Return to “Stuff”