Doctor Who- "The Haunting of Villa Diodati" Pedz says "good episode"

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Pedz » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:18 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Pedz wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Pedz wrote:You know on Classic Who where Romana was changing her look on the TARDIS? Each time she switching it up does that count as a new regen?

You'll have to ask Douglas Adams that.


Oh, I think he's on my speed dial. Gimme a sec.

Let me know what he says plz


He said 'If THE Matt King doesn't know then I certainly don't.'

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Pedz » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:13 pm

Soooooo. Lenny Henry got Egg on his face or not?

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by shy guy 64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:I said some similar stuff when musing onnit myself

One of the things that doesn't work for the 6B Ruth Doctor theory is she doesn't know what the Sonic Screwdriver is. 2 introduces it.


i know, there are many things about it that wouldnt really work. it would make the most sense for her to be an amnesiac 14th dr but i get a feeling thats not what theyre going for

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by The Watching Artist » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:57 pm

Pedz wrote:Soooooo. Lenny Henry got Egg on his face or not?

Aye. Not great timing was it. :lol: Mind you Barrowman has made himself look a bit of twat to imo.

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Hexx » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:03 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Pedz wrote:Soooooo. Lenny Henry got Egg on his face or not?

Aye. Not great timing was it. :lol: Mind you Barrowman has made himself look a bit of twat to imo.


I'm missing something here....

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by The Watching Artist » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Hexx wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Pedz wrote:Soooooo. Lenny Henry got Egg on his face or not?

Aye. Not great timing was it. :lol: Mind you Barrowman has made himself look a bit of twat to imo.


I'm missing something here....

Only a tiny bit of a twat. This reads like a bit of a dig at Moffat...
I’d say that I’m glad. I’m glad that finally we have somebody, a showrunner who appreciates Jack. And that’s what makes me the most chuffed. Chris [Chibnall] is, shall we say, bringing back some of the well-loved characters.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-01-26/how-doctor-who-brought-john-barrowmans-captain-jack-back-to-the-tardis/
Ignores that the Moff wanted to bring him back for "A Good Man Goes to War" but Barrowman was busy filming Miracle Day. Which if helped create Strax means all was for the best. Also you know all the other things Moffat brought back during his time.

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Hexx » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:04 pm

What what Lenny H?

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by The Watching Artist » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Hexx wrote:What what Lenny H?

The comedian – who is set to appear in the sci fi show's upcoming New Year special – has claimed that TV bosses "would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person" during an interview with London's Colourful Radio.

"Why have we never had a black Doctor Who? They would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person," he said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30217885/doctor-who-lenny-henry-criticises-diversity-black-doctor-who/
Mind you if he said it about a selection of the fanbase he would be correct. :dread:

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by shy guy 64 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:00 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Hexx wrote:What what Lenny H?

The comedian – who is set to appear in the sci fi show's upcoming New Year special – has claimed that TV bosses "would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person" during an interview with London's Colourful Radio.

"Why have we never had a black Doctor Who? They would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person," he said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30217885/doctor-who-lenny-henry-criticises-diversity-black-doctor-who/
Mind you if he said it about a selection of the fanbase he would be correct. :dread:


oh yes, funny how things turn out huh

and your right about some the fandom response, i heard one very toxic review

Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Cuttooth » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:05 pm

Isn't it a bit different to have an incarnation of Doctor Who who appears for a one off storyline be black rather than the main, leading actor be black, which would presumably where his argument is coming from?

A bit like how 007 will be a woman ( ! ) but not actually the main, James Bond, level character?

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by shy guy 64 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:35 pm

Cuttooth wrote:Isn't it a bit different to have an incarnation of Doctor Who who appears for a one off storyline be black rather than the main, leading actor be black, which would presumably where his argument is coming from?

A bit like how 007 will be a woman ( ! ) but not actually the main, James Bond, level character?


well even if she isnt a future incarnation at least shell probably get her own audio series with big finish which is better than nothing

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Pedz » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:31 pm

Cuttooth wrote:Isn't it a bit different to have an incarnation of Doctor Who who appears for a one off storyline be black rather than the main, leading actor be black, which would presumably where his argument is coming from?

A bit like how 007 will be a woman ( ! ) but not actually the main, James Bond, level character?


Is that where his argument is coming from? He simply said that the BBC would rather a Dog be the Doctor than a Black person. There was no other context at all there other than that. Doesn't seem like she'll just be there for one episode either. She'll likely pop up again, she could always return in special or something and have audio stories with Big finish.

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by The Watching Artist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:27 am

Pedz wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:Isn't it a bit different to have an incarnation of Doctor Who who appears for a one off storyline be black rather than the main, leading actor be black, which would presumably where his argument is coming from?

A bit like how 007 will be a woman ( ! ) but not actually the main, James Bond, level character?


Is that where his argument is coming from? He simply said that the BBC would rather a Dog be the Doctor than a Black person. There was no other context at all there other than that. Doesn't seem like she'll just be there for one episode either. She'll likely pop up again, she could always return in special or something and have audio stories with Big finish.

I get what Cutty is saying though. Its not quite the same as being the incumbent Doctor. She'll probably still end up with more screen time then Paul McGann though! :lol:

:cry:

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by The Watching Artist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:29 am

shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Hexx wrote:What what Lenny H?

The comedian – who is set to appear in the sci fi show's upcoming New Year special – has claimed that TV bosses "would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person" during an interview with London's Colourful Radio.

"Why have we never had a black Doctor Who? They would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person," he said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30217885/doctor-who-lenny-henry-criticises-diversity-black-doctor-who/
Mind you if he said it about a selection of the fanbase he would be correct. :dread:


oh yes, funny how things turn out huh

and your right about some the fandom response, i heard one very toxic review

The fan petition is hilarious. It just about hit 3 figures last I saw.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Pedz » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:30 am

I completely get what Cutty is saying, but that doesn't appear to the context that was used by Lenny Henry, it was a simple "Dog better than Black Person in BBCs eyes". No other context was there for anything else.

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by shy guy 64 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 am

The Watching Artist wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Hexx wrote:What what Lenny H?

The comedian – who is set to appear in the sci fi show's upcoming New Year special – has claimed that TV bosses "would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person" during an interview with London's Colourful Radio.

"Why have we never had a black Doctor Who? They would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person," he said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30217885/doctor-who-lenny-henry-criticises-diversity-black-doctor-who/
Mind you if he said it about a selection of the fanbase he would be correct. :dread:


oh yes, funny how things turn out huh

and your right about some the fandom response, i heard one very toxic review

The fan petition is hilarious. It just about hit 3 figures last I saw.


well thats 3 times as effective as any of us would have expected

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Pedz » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:18 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Hexx wrote:What what Lenny H?

The comedian – who is set to appear in the sci fi show's upcoming New Year special – has claimed that TV bosses "would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person" during an interview with London's Colourful Radio.

"Why have we never had a black Doctor Who? They would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person," he said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30217885/doctor-who-lenny-henry-criticises-diversity-black-doctor-who/
Mind you if he said it about a selection of the fanbase he would be correct. :dread:


oh yes, funny how things turn out huh

and your right about some the fandom response, i heard one very toxic review

The fan petition is hilarious. It just about hit 3 figures last I saw.


well thats 3 times as effective as any of us would have expected


Wait, I didn't see this, what petition?

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by The Watching Artist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:24 pm

Pedz wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Hexx wrote:What what Lenny H?

The comedian – who is set to appear in the sci fi show's upcoming New Year special – has claimed that TV bosses "would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person" during an interview with London's Colourful Radio.

"Why have we never had a black Doctor Who? They would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person," he said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30217885/doctor-who-lenny-henry-criticises-diversity-black-doctor-who/
Mind you if he said it about a selection of the fanbase he would be correct. :dread:


oh yes, funny how things turn out huh

and your right about some the fandom response, i heard one very toxic review

The fan petition is hilarious. It just about hit 3 figures last I saw.


well thats 3 times as effective as any of us would have expected


Wait, I didn't see this, what petition?

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-director-g ... bf6d336496

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by shy guy 64 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:39 pm



the name of that alone drips with toxic

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doctor Who- "Fugitive of the Judoon" Balladeer says "an actually good one!"
by Pedz » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:07 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Pedz wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Hexx wrote:What what Lenny H?

The comedian – who is set to appear in the sci fi show's upcoming New Year special – has claimed that TV bosses "would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person" during an interview with London's Colourful Radio.

"Why have we never had a black Doctor Who? They would rather have a dog do Doctor Who than a black person," he said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30217885/doctor-who-lenny-henry-criticises-diversity-black-doctor-who/
Mind you if he said it about a selection of the fanbase he would be correct. :dread:


oh yes, funny how things turn out huh

and your right about some the fandom response, i heard one very toxic review

The fan petition is hilarious. It just about hit 3 figures last I saw.


well thats 3 times as effective as any of us would have expected


Wait, I didn't see this, what petition?

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-director-g ... bf6d336496


Just.

WOW!

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Chocolate-Milk, CitizenErased, Dowbocop, FatDaz, Frank, Lagamorph, Met, Oblomov Boblomov, PuppetBoy, Rubix, Ste, Superking, TonyDA, Tsunade and 70 guests