Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Zaichik
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by Zaichik » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:52 am

Yeah, I should have clarified that it is all the complete stories and not the missing ones, although there is a reconstruction of The Wheel in Space that isn't available anywhere else as far as I know.

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by The Watching Artist » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:59 pm

I watched the updated Terror of the Autons last night. Had to highlight just how amazing the new visual effects are.


Image
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by jawa2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:16 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:I watched the updated Terror of the Autons last night. Had to highlight just how amazing the new visual effects are.


Nice, Matt! At first I couldn't see too much difference but as things progressed I noticed the background updates and the better removal of edges around the characters. The squid alien near the end was the biggest update!

I don't recall some of those sequences - was this full storyline included in the Twitch Who marathon a while back? That must have been a few years ago now... I really enjoyed watching that with you and the guys!

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by Dowbocop » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
imbusydoctorwho wrote:Been looking online and saw a Tom Baker adventure called Shada, it's on blu ray and it's one of those half animated adventures.
It looks good, but I'm not that keen on the animation art style, I watched the Ice Warriors dvd a while ago and I hated the animation in that one.


shada is an incredible story but ive never seen the animated version. see it was a story that was only ever half filmed due to strikes and the animated version was an attempt to complete it

Just saw this post as I haven't been in this thread for a few weeks. I read the novelization of Shada and really enjoyed it. I'm a little bit torn that Shada had such a difficult production. On the one hand it would've been a great story if it got fully realised without strikes etc. On the other hand, if it got released as planned would Douglas Adams have written the Dirk Gently books?

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by The Watching Artist » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:08 pm

jawa2 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:I watched the updated Terror of the Autons last night. Had to highlight just how amazing the new visual effects are.


Nice, Matt! At first I couldn't see too much difference but as things progressed I noticed the background updates and the better removal of edges around the characters. The squid alien near the end was the biggest update!

I don't recall some of those sequences - was this full storyline included in the Twitch Who marathon a while back? That must have been a few years ago now... I really enjoyed watching that with you and the guys!

Yeah it was in it. You were probably distracted by Jo.
Dowbocop wrote:On the other hand, if it got released as planned would Douglas Adams have written the Dirk Gently books?

Doubt it would have made much difference. Dont think Adams was long for running Who as he wasnt really up too it. Not that he wasnt talented as strawberry float but his work rate/deadline issues are well known.

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by Dowbocop » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:23 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:On the other hand, if it got released as planned would Douglas Adams have written the Dirk Gently books?

Doubt it would have made much difference. Dont think Adams was long for running Who as he wasnt really up too it. Not that he wasnt talented as strawberry float but his work rate/deadline issues are well known.

I meant if it got released as normal plot points like Professor Chronotis would not have been lying around unpublished on his writing desk, so he wouldn't have had the seed of the first Dirk Gently book.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by shy guy 64 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:45 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:On the other hand, if it got released as planned would Douglas Adams have written the Dirk Gently books?

Doubt it would have made much difference. Dont think Adams was long for running Who as he wasnt really up too it. Not that he wasnt talented as strawberry float but his work rate/deadline issues are well known.


well he wasnt running who he was a writer/script editor

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by Jenuall » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:58 am

Like Classic Doctor Who? Like Red Dwarf? If you answered yes to both of those then you'll probably get a few chuckles out of this:


User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- Revolution of the Daleks - Outrunner says "I kinda liked it"
by The Watching Artist » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:49 pm

Amazing work. The Creature From the Pit one :slol: :slol: :slol:

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Garth and 154 guests