● PlayStation 5 - GT7 delayed beyond 2021 - Free Ratchet & Clank (2016) in March - Next gen PSVR announced

Anything to do with games at all.

Which confirmed feature interests you the most?

8K graphics
8
5%
Virtual Reality (PSVR 2)
40
27%
Backwards Compatibility
61
41%
Ray Tracing
9
6%
3D Audio
7
5%
SSD (solid state drive)
23
16%
 
Total votes: 148
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by KK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Would retailers implementing something as simple as recaptcha on highly sought items stop the bots from working, and if so why hasn’t it been implemented?

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by OrangeRKN » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm

It's weird how it was easier to get a PS5 before release (by securing a pre-order) than it has been to get one since release.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - @OrangeRakoon - Top 5 Games of 2020 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:24 pm

KK wrote:Would retailers implementing something as simple as recaptcha on highly sought items stop the bots from working, and if so why hasn’t it been implemented?

Depends how the bots are actually working and how the site is setup I guess, but it feels like there are definitely technical steps that could be taken to alleviate the situation to a certain extent.

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Rubix » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:26 pm

PS5 has been shipped from GAME early, should have it by the weekend :wub:

PLAY | Super Mario Maker 2, Hitman 3, Danganronpa, Demon’s Souls
WATCH | Superstore S5, Wandavision S1, The Good Place S4
READ | The Secret Political Adviser
User avatar
andythevillan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Birmingham

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by andythevillan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:44 pm

At this rate I think you are looking at June or July or even late summer before you can pick one up freely. It probably doesn't help with so many people working from home with time to keep an eye on when stock drops. I will never pay scalpers prices and happy to stick with my Pro and Series X in the meantime

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:47 pm

I'm barely at the point where I think it's worth paying RRP for it, I just cannot fathom the mindset of people who are prepared to pay the scalper prices on eBay

User avatar
andythevillan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Birmingham

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by andythevillan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Another thought on the RRP's. I wonder if Sony and Microsoft are now kicking themselves with not pricing the new machines at £500+ seeing as the demand is so huge and that some people are willing to pay the scalpers prices. It seems really strange now as last year with both companies unwilling to reveal the prices until the last minute.

User avatar
Bertie
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Bertie » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:28 pm

andythevillan wrote:Another thought on the RRP's. I wonder if Sony and Microsoft are now kicking themselves with not pricing the new machines at £500+ seeing as the demand is so huge and that some people are willing to pay the scalpers prices. It seems really strange now as last year with both companies unwilling to reveal the prices until the last minute.


This is a good point. I reckon in hindsight they could have priced them at 499 or even 549. People would have complained, but clearly people would still pay it, especially in a pandemic.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Peter Crisp » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:31 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:I'm F5ing the digital edition. I've no idea why but I'm blaming you lot when I get the inevitable bollocking from my wife.


Who needs a wife when you'll have a glorious PS5?
Just stick a couple of googly eyes on it when it arrives and it'll be like she never left :shifty: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Rubix » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:28 pm

Anyone know the usernames honorary-blur7 or pivotal_avidity0

Got two pending friend requests

PLAY | Super Mario Maker 2, Hitman 3, Danganronpa, Demon’s Souls
WATCH | Superstore S5, Wandavision S1, The Good Place S4
READ | The Secret Political Adviser
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Mafro » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm

Rubix wrote:Anyone know the usernames honorary-blur7 or pivotal_avidity0

Got two pending friend requests

Check their profiles. If they have one bronze trophy they're probably bots.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Rubix » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:46 pm

Thanks, both have no trophies so deleted them

PLAY | Super Mario Maker 2, Hitman 3, Danganronpa, Demon’s Souls
WATCH | Superstore S5, Wandavision S1, The Good Place S4
READ | The Secret Political Adviser
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Saint of Killers » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:09 pm

LewisD wrote:Yeah, I think I've had it now with either this or XboxSX.

I'm getting too old to waste my time refreshing for these bloody things. I'll just wait until stock is in plentiful supply - at least launch games might be cheaper by then :shrug:


Rex Kramer wrote:I'm F5ing the digital edition. I've no idea why but I'm blaming you lot when I get the inevitable bollocking from my wife.


Jenuall wrote:Despite my best efforts to resist I too am giving the F5 button a serious workout right now


Clarkman wrote:I'm also trying to bag a disc edition. With you brother.


kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:I'm also doing the F5 shuffle (?). I'm not sure i even want one (cue hillarious situation where i end up with Buffs one).
I think i just want to be a part of something.


Buffalo wrote:Just sat waiting with my phone in hand, sweating bullets mate.


Simply Games seems to have a way to best the scalpers: https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles (worked for someone on my Twitter feed)

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Mafro » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:37 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Simply Games seems to have a way to best the scalpers: https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles (worked for someone on my Twitter feed)

What system do they have? The Argos one seems to work but it means being up at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night to get one.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Peter Crisp » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:01 pm

I finally got my Sony XM3's to work on the PS5 :wub: .

I had to buy a Creative BT-W3 bluetooth thingamabob and away they go.
They also allow BT headphones to work on Switch as well.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Saint of Killers » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:19 pm

Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Simply Games seems to have a way to best the scalpers (EDIT: register your interest with SG): https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles (worked for someone on my Twitter feed)

What system do they have? The Argos one seems to work but it means being up at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night to get one.


Both. No bundles.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Mafro » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:27 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Simply Games seems to have a way to best the scalpers (EDIT: register your interest with SG): https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles (worked for someone on my Twitter feed)

What system do they have? The Argos one seems to work but it means being up at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night to get one.


Both. No bundles.

I mean what preorder system are they doing that's different from everywhere else, not the actual consoles :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Saint of Killers » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Simply Games seems to have a way to best the scalpers (EDIT: register your interest with SG): https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles (worked for someone on my Twitter feed)

What system do they have? The Argos one seems to work but it means being up at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night to get one.


Both. No bundles.

I mean what preorder system are they doing that's different from everywhere else, not the actual consoles :lol:


You register your interest with 'em.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Hove

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by PatSharpsMullet » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:31 pm

Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Simply Games seems to have a way to best the scalpers (EDIT: register your interest with SG): https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles (worked for someone on my Twitter feed)

What system do they have? The Argos one seems to work but it means being up at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night to get one.


Both. No bundles.

I mean what preorder system are they doing that's different from everywhere else, not the actual consoles :lol:

They send you an email with a link to the consoles. They an only be accessed through the link they send you.

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: ● PlayStation 5 - Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart due out on June 11th
by Zilnad » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Just noticed a small patch on the left backside of my controller where the tiny shapes have worn down to a completely smooth surface.

I've been playing my PS5 too much :shock:


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Damian, Garth, Godzilla, Jezo, Lime, Rubix, Saint of Killers and 210 guests