●The PlayStation 5 thread

Anything to do with games at all.

Which confirmed feature interests you the most?

8K graphics
7
5%
Virtual Reality (PSVR 2)
38
29%
Backwards Compatibility
56
43%
Ray Tracing
9
7%
3D Audio
3
2%
SSD (solid state drive)
18
14%
 
Total votes: 131
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Captain Kinopio » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:55 am

This seems to be skirting awfully close to just being an advert.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:03 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:This seems to be skirting awfully close to just being an advert.


Very much so.

Also, it's a controller, does it really need this much excitement?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 am

I wouldn't hold my breath if you're expecting him to be critical of it :lol:

I'd happily take an actual advert if it also meant getting factual info, like confirmation of back buttons, footage of the PS5 menu and maybe even a strawberry floating price and release date :lol: :x

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:28 am

Interview with head of marketing lol

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Tomous » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:11 am

OrangeRKN wrote:Interview with head of marketing lol



To be fair, I'd like to know how they thought that abomination was a good design to go with

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:42 am

IGN will have a video up at 5PM as well. Hopefully means Digital Foundry got to try it out as well.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Photek » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:47 am

Saint of Killers wrote:IGN will have a video up at 5PM as well. Hopefully means Digital Foundry got to try it out as well.

Try it out on what though?

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:49 am

A PlayStation 5 probably

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Photek » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:A PlayStation 5 probably

I highly doubt DF have a PS5 knocking about. :lol:

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Photek wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:A PlayStation 5 probably

I highly doubt DF have a PS5 knocking about. :lol:


Dev kit then. Or a pc.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Mafro » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:25 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:This seems to be skirting awfully close to just being an advert.

Keighley is just largely a PR guy these days.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:28 pm

Contract or no, I will not bow to any sponsor.

Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:40 pm

I suspect DF got to try it out on whatever IGN and Keighley tried it out on. Pretty sure they have someone on their books who lives in the US...

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Photek » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:I suspect DF got to try it out on whatever IGN and Keighley tried it out on. Pretty sure they have someone on their books who lives in the US...

Nope, John and Alex live in Germany and Richard and the other English guy live in England.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Photek wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I suspect DF got to try it out on whatever IGN and Keighley tried it out on. Pretty sure they have someone on their books who lives in the US...

Nope, John and Alex live in Germany and Richard and the other English guy live in England.


:lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Mafro » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 pm

On first-name terms.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Photek » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:18 pm

I can't spell Alex's surname or think of Richards one, Ashcroft keeps popping into my head but can't imagine him prancing down a street bumping into people and being lary...

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:34 pm

US based freelancers are a thing. And chances are PS5 dev kits/equivalent exist in England.

Either way, looking forward to hearing their take on the DS, whenever it comes, to see if the haptic feedback is any better than Switch's "HD Rumble".

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:50 pm

The Switch's HD Rumble is actually good, it's just never really been utilised. By most accounts the best use of it is still in 1-2-Switch (a launch mini-game collection) and the Labo kits (I can personally attest to the driveable joy-con car being somewhat genius use of HD rumble!).

I reckon there will be a really good demo of the haptic feedback in like Astro's Playroom, and then we'll hardly see it used again.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
TonyDA
Member
Joined in 2016
Location: Brighton, East Sussex

PostRe: ●PS5 - 2020 - Digital PS5 - 'Patent hints at cloud-based emulation of PS1, 2 and 3 library'
by TonyDA » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Photek wrote:I can't spell Alex's surname or think of Richards one, Ashcroft keeps popping into my head but can't imagine him prancing down a street bumping into people and being lary...


:D :D First laugh during a really **** day - thanks for that! :)


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andrew Mills, Balladeer, Carlos, Fruits Punch Samurai, GrinWithoutaKat, Mafro, Photek, Rodders9, Supachipz and 157 guests