PS5 - coming 2020 | AMD Zen 2 CPU | AMD Navi 8K Ray-Tracing GPU | SSD | PSVR | physical media | PS4 BC/cross play

Anything to do with games at all.

Which confirmed feature interests you the most?

8K graphics
8
7%
Virtual Reality (PSVR 2)
41
37%
Backwards Compatibility
46
41%
Ray Tracing
9
8%
3D Audio
2
2%
SSD (solid state drive)
6
5%
 
Total votes: 112
NickSCFC

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 am

Samuel_1 wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:Latest rumour doing the rounds, 3 consoles will be releasing next winter.

Xbox Two S - 8 TFLOPS
PS5 - 10 TFLOPS
Xbox Two X - 12 TFLOPS

After the botched Xbox One launch, this is a very wise decision if true.

Who knows what caliber of games their new studios will produce, but in terms of hardware and services Microsoft are really getting their house in order.

If cloud processing is so powerful why do we need new consoles at all?


Crap internet speeds.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by BID0 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:46 am

It's more latency than speed required. I'm not sure how the UK stacks up for latency but I don't think I have had a latency above 30MS for nearly 2 decades.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 am

I still think the era of consoles being pointless is a long time away as at the moment so many people just don't have good enough internet access.
I have no doubt we could build the server capacity today to give everyone even next gen quality gaming if we really wanted but it would leave a whole lot of customers unhappy and unable to participate through no fault of their own.

I do think the PS5 and mid gen upgrades has a possibility of being the last gen before the switch though or we may get to a point where we're able to make devices like the Nintendo Switch but with PS6 quality parts and home consoles are indeed seen as old fashioned.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Photek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:51 am

BID0 wrote:It's more latency than speed required. I'm not sure how the UK stacks up for latency but I don't think I have had a latency above 30MS for nearly 2 decades.

It depends on where the MS Azure servers are, with them in Dublin I was getting 7ms on Titanfall which means basically no latency at all.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Samuel_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:52 am

Photek wrote:
BID0 wrote:It's more latency than speed required. I'm not sure how the UK stacks up for latency but I don't think I have had a latency above 30MS for nearly 2 decades.

It depends on where the MS Azure servers are, with them in Dublin I was getting 7ms on Titanfall which means basically no latency at all.

I thought they were in your shed? ;)

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Samuel_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:55 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:Latest rumour doing the rounds, 3 consoles will be releasing next winter.

Xbox Two S - 8 TFLOPS
PS5 - 10 TFLOPS
Xbox Two X - 12 TFLOPS

After the botched Xbox One launch, this is a very wise decision if true.

Who knows what caliber of games their new studios will produce, but in terms of hardware and services Microsoft are really getting their house in order.

If cloud processing is so powerful why do we need new consoles at all?


Crap internet speeds.

I was being a little facetious, if cloud processing doesn't work for everyone (or at least the vast majority), then it's a moot point. Hence the need for new console. I suppose we'll get there in the end(if we survive that long), but I think it's probably quite some time away.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Venom's Christmas Carol
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Venom's Christmas Carol » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 am

I'm sure you all know about Phil Spencer on the AMD stage at their CES conference and the use of their tech for future Xbox products. One of the things he said was how important backwards compatibility is. That's really great to hear because I like seeing my own 360 downloads on my X. But also it is a feature that Sony would be crazy to ignore knowing their competitor has been so vocal about it, so there is enough time for Mark Cerny to work out a way to include it with the PS5.



User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:07 am

I'm really hope they keep the idea of upgrading games for a new gen as they do now for OneX and PS4Pro.
Games like Cyberpunk or Metro could be fantastic showcases for the advantages of next gen and will give us all a decent library of games to play upgraded from the start.
I'd like the service to still be free but I think a small fee would be acceptable for a full gen upgrade so £2.50 per game maybe?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Photek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:14 am

Peter Crisp wrote:I'm really hope they keep the idea of upgrading games for a new gen as they do now for OneX and PS4Pro.
Games like Cyberpunk or Metro could be fantastic showcases for the advantages of next gen and will give us all a decent library of games to play upgraded from the start.
I'd like the service to still be free but I think a small fee would be acceptable for a full gen upgrade so £2.50 per game maybe?

MS will definitely do it for free for their own games, when they announced back compat a few years ago, I don't think even they thought it would be as successful as it is. The back compat team at MS is huge now and I've no doubt that the Xbox 2 will have back compat from OG Xbox working day 1.

The PS5 will almost certainly play PS4 games.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by KK » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:19 am

I fully expect the PS5 to be backwards compatible with PS4. Anything else would be a disaster.

It's what they do with PS1, 2 and 3 that will be most interesting, particularly given the X's current ability to upgrade Xbox and 360 games. Even if 3 is too much of a logistical challenge to run on anything other than streaming, I would like them to match Xbox for PS1 and PS2.

Image
NickSCFC

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 am

Samuel_1 wrote:I was being a little facetious, if cloud processing doesn't work for everyone (or at least the vast majority), then it's a moot point. Hence the need for new console. I suppose we'll get there in the end(if we survive that long), but I think it's probably quite some time away.


It's going to be a slow process and, in the end, it still might not replace traditional consoles.

I think it's more about trying to expand the audience, delivering games to people who would otherwise be put off by paying £350 for a new console to play the latest games.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Photek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 am

KK wrote:I fully expect the PS5 to be backwards compatible with PS4. Anything else would be a disaster.

It's what they do with PS1, 2 and 3 that will be most interesting, particularly given the X's current ability to upgrade Xbox and 360 games. Even if 3 is too much of a logistical challenge to run on anything other than streaming, I would like them to match Xbox for PS1 and PS2.

Not sure Sony would bother making PS1 games 4K tbh.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 pm

As the PS3 is apparently a pain in the arse to emulate, I can see Sony missing out those games. But they really should be aiming for the PS5 to have backwards compatibility with PS1, PS2 and PS4. Especially as I fully expect the new MS machine to have XB, 360 and XB1 on day one.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:12 pm

If Microsoft are going to have a base and deluxe machine from the start what kind of prices should we expect?

£350 and £500?
Will the deluxe model ship with a Pro controller V2 as standard?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by jawafour » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:If Microsoft are going to have a base and deluxe machine from the start what kind of prices should we expect?

£350 and £500? ...

Yeah, I anticipate the "base" models - of both Xbox and PlayStation - being priced around the £350 mark, with "pro" models being around £450.

I'm definitely gonna be going single platform next gen; after the triple play of the 360 / PS3 / Wii gen and the dual play of the current PS4 / Switch gen, I'm a bit tired of the cost of multi-format. I don't have any idea or preconceptions around what single platform I'll go with, though.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Photek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Will the deluxe model ship with a Pro controller V2 as standard?

No.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Poser » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:55 pm

jawafour wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:If Microsoft are going to have a base and deluxe machine from the start what kind of prices should we expect?

£350 and £500? ...

Yeah, I anticipate the "base" models - of both Xbox and PlayStation - being priced around the £350 mark, with "pro" models being around £450.

I'm definitely gonna be going single platform next gen; after the triple play of the 360 / PS3 / Wii gen and the dual play of the current PS4 / Switch gen, I'm a bit tired of the cost of multi-format. I don't have any idea or preconceptions around what single platform I'll go with, though.


I can live with it as long as the launches are out of sync. I'm hoping the Switch will be around (as in healthy and supported) for at least 24 months after the next gen launches.

Image
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by jawafour » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

jawafour wrote:...I'm definitely gonna be going single platform next gen; after the triple play of the 360 / PS3 / Wii gen and the dual play of the current PS4 / Switch gen, I'm a bit tired of the cost of multi-format. I don't have any idea or preconceptions around what single platform I'll go with, though.

Oops, I meant triple play this time around, too - Wii U / PS4 / Switch. Plus 3DS, which crossed both gens.

Yeah, I def don't plan on going multi-format next time!

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Monkey Man » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:54 pm

This was posted on Reddit the other day then deleted, not many believed it.

Hello everyone!
* ​
* I want to share some good info here.
* 2019 start on fire, and a lot of wrong information appears out there. Now i want to share real good info to all of you.
* So, let's go.
* ​
* Microsoft Studios acquisitions?
* ​
* Studios in current negotiations:
* - Asobo Studio
* - IO Interactive
* - Platinum Games
* - Turtle Rock Studios
* - Bluepoint Games
* - Relic Entertainment
* - The Farm 51
* ​
* And a few more, studios from UK, France, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Finland, Canada, Japan, Korea. Microsoft wants great talents and diversity around the World. They don't have a target number or something like that.
* ​
* Next Xbox Specs and launch window?
* ​
* Next Xbox Streaming ( Lockhart ) @ $249:
* - CPU: Custom 8 CORES/16 THREADS ZEN 2 CPU
* - GPU: Custom NAVI @ 4+ TERAFLOPS
* - MEMORY: 12GB GDDR6
* - STORAGE: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
* - DIRECTX Raytracing + MS AI
* ​
* Next Xbox X ( Anaconda ) @ $499:
* - CPU: Custom 8 CORES/16 THREADS ZEN 2 CPU
* - GPU: Custom NAVI @ 12+ TERAFLOPS
* - MEMORY: 16GB GDDR6
* - STORAGE: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
* - DIRECTX Raytracing + MS AI
* ​
* Both consoles will launch in Holiday 2020. Next Xbox XDK will starting rolling out in April or May 2019. Both console will have heavily customization CPU and GPU, and both will support RayTracing with DXR. I know about some pretty crazy customizations and implementations. You will start to see those things around GDC.
* Next Xbox will have fully BC with Xbox One, and they will continue with 360 and OG. All generations in one console.
* ​
* Bonus?
* ​
* PS5 @ $399:
* - CPU: Custom 8 CORES/16 THREADS ZEN 2 CPU
* - GPU: Custom NAVI @ 8+ TERAFLOPS
* - MEMORY: 12GB GDDR6
* - STORAGE: 1TB SSD
* ​
* I know the specs, but i don't know if PS5 will have RayTracing.
* PS5 was dalayed, the target was Holiday 2019. I don't know the actual date. Can be early 2020.
* Also, i know nothing about PS4 Backward Compatibility. Maybe PS5 have, maybe not, maybe the delay was because BC.
* ​
* Next Xbox Launch Games?
* ​
* - Halo Infinite ( Crossgen )
* - Forza Motorsport ( Crossgen ) + ( First RayTracing Game )
* - Age of Empires 4 ( Crossgen )
* - Perfect Dark
* - Killer Instinct 2
* - Bleeding Edge ( Crossgen )
* ​
* And a few more surprises, the first year of the Next Xbox will be the best lineup of all time.
* Some old franchises will return, new IPs from new Devs, exclusive Japanese games, exclusive Spy game, and a lot more.
* ​
* Next gen will be the best!
* Microsoft have some Bombs to drop in the next months, crazy gooseberry fools are happening, games you expect, some games you don't expect at all, some BIG Acquisition, some Big crazy Services and much more.
* I want to tell a lot more things, but i don't want to drop all the surprises.
* I know some of you don't believe now, but as soon as possible a lot of this will come to the light.
* ​
* I hope everyone here have a good day!
* ​
* <3
* ​
*


Then a verified insider on Restera posted this today in the MS thread -

About the reddit leak.

The hardware is partially true
Storage is true
Raytracing is true
Lockhart is not Streaming box
Xbox SoC codename is Anubis, check AMD's plan
MS AI is not a part of the hardware, in other words, never heard of TPU or ASIC like it
How to implement Raytracing? See GDC 2019
Why they make a decision like Lockhart? See GDC 2019
Why there still no DevKit? After GDC 2019


The same insider posted this -

Image

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Photek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:02 pm

That 'normal' Xbox Two has less teraflops than the X1X.... ????

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, Christmas.Past, DarkRula, KjGarly, Kriken, OldSoulCyborg, Qikzmas, Rich, Rudolphin, shy guy 64 and 50 guests