Dragonball Z: Kakarot | Action RPG | 16/01/2020 | PS4/XBO/PC

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostDragonball Z: Kakarot | Action RPG | 16/01/2020 | PS4/XBO/PC
by ITSMILNER » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 am



Developer: CyberConnect 2
Publisher: Bandai Namco

MORE DETAILS COM8NG SOON

Last edited by ITSMILNER on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by ITSMILNER » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:29 am

Finally! I was getting fed up with constant fighting games so it’s great to see we are finally getting an action RPG. Only thing is, it looks like it’s only covering the beginning of DBZ until the end of the Frieza Saga :?

Hopefully it turns out to be good, no Switch version is a surprise.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Lagamorph » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Finally! I was getting fed up with constant fighting games so it’s great to see we are finally getting an action RPG. Only thing is, it looks like it’s only covering the beginning of DBZ until the end of the Frieza Saga :?

Hopefully it turns out to be good, no Switch version is a surprise.

I think it has been said it's too g to the Cell Saga.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Buu saga came out as DLC.

Also, the trailer reminded me how utterly awful Goku's Japanese voice is. How anyone can prefer Grandma Goku is beyond me :dread:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by ITSMILNER » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:09 am

Lagamorph wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Finally! I was getting fed up with constant fighting games so it’s great to see we are finally getting an action RPG. Only thing is, it looks like it’s only covering the beginning of DBZ until the end of the Frieza Saga :?

Hopefully it turns out to be good, no Switch version is a surprise.

I think it has been said it's too g to the Cell Saga.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Buu saga came out as DLC.

Also, the trailer reminded me how utterly awful Goku's Japanese voice is. How anyone can prefer Grandma Goku is beyond me :dread:


It would be ideal if it does cover the whole DBZ saga so a potential sequel could focus on DB Super. Agree on the voice, I much prefer his dubbed voice over the Japanese one.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Pedz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 am

ITSMILNER wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Finally! I was getting fed up with constant fighting games so it’s great to see we are finally getting an action RPG. Only thing is, it looks like it’s only covering the beginning of DBZ until the end of the Frieza Saga :?

Hopefully it turns out to be good, no Switch version is a surprise.

I think it has been said it's too g to the Cell Saga.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Buu saga came out as DLC.

Also, the trailer reminded me how utterly awful Goku's Japanese voice is. How anyone can prefer Grandma Goku is beyond me :dread:


It would be ideal if it does cover the whole DBZ saga so a potential sequel could focus on DB Super. Agree on the voice, I much prefer his dubbed voice over the Japanese one.


If only they'd stop neglecting Drangonball :(

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Lagamorph » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:56 am

Pedz wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Finally! I was getting fed up with constant fighting games so it’s great to see we are finally getting an action RPG. Only thing is, it looks like it’s only covering the beginning of DBZ until the end of the Frieza Saga :?

Hopefully it turns out to be good, no Switch version is a surprise.

I think it has been said it's too g to the Cell Saga.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Buu saga came out as DLC.

Also, the trailer reminded me how utterly awful Goku's Japanese voice is. How anyone can prefer Grandma Goku is beyond me :dread:


It would be ideal if it does cover the whole DBZ saga so a potential sequel could focus on DB Super. Agree on the voice, I much prefer his dubbed voice over the Japanese one.


If only they'd stop neglecting Drangonball :(

Outside of Japan original Dragonball just isn't that well known or popular, certainly not to the level of Z/Super. The license isn't exactly cheap and it just wouldn't be worth it sales wise to put any significant budget into a game based on it.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by ITSMILNER » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Remember the Dragonball game on GBA? Advanced Adventure I think it was called, the side scroller one. That was really good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Could be really good, just a bit surprised that there isn't a Switch version.

Image
Gemini73

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Gemini73 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 am

If it's anywhere near as good as Naruto then we're onto a winner.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Lagamorph » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:46 am

Gemini73 wrote:If it's anywhere near as good as Naruto then we're onto a winner.

The Ultimate Ninja Storm series is fantastic.

Not just great games but I would say the best way to actually get the Naruto storyline.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Gemini73

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Gemini73 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:53 am

Lagamorph wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:If it's anywhere near as good as Naruto then we're onto a winner.

The Ultimate Ninja Storm series is fantastic.

Not just great games but I would say the best way to actually get the Naruto storyline.


Absolutely. I always had a passing interest in Naruto, but could never find the time to watch the series (which is huge). The games are a great entry point while being a solid RPG with awesome fighting mechanics.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Pedz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Wait. Ninja Storm isnt just a brawler?

I liked 2 Naruto games I played back on 360 can't remember what they were called though.

Image
Gemini73

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Gemini73 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Pedz wrote:Wait. Ninja Storm isnt just a brawler?



No. The trilogy is often on sale via PSN.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Pedz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Well strawberry float.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Saint of Killers » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Pedz wrote:Wait. Ninja Storm isnt just a brawler?



No. The trilogy is often on sale via PSN.


It's on sale right now.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Gemini73

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Gemini73 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Pedz wrote:Well strawberry float.


On sale now ^

Go grab it.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Pedz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:18 pm

There's about 20, the ninja storm, shippendun ninja storm, Ultima ninja storm. What am I meant to be looking at :lol:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Saint of Killers » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Pedz wrote:There's about 20, the ninja storm, shippendun ninja storm, Ultima ninja storm. What am I meant to be looking at :lol:


The one with Legacy in the title. (It has 4 games.)

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Pedz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Ta.

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Dragon Ball Project Z | Action RPG | 2019 | PS4/XBO/PC
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm

I already have a physical copy of Road to Bort, but £15 for even just the first three is a steal. Plus I won't have to get up and change discs. :toot:

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, Damian, KjGarly, Nook29, Saint of Killers, Seven, shy guy 64, Snowcannon, Squinty, Trelliz and 42 guests