E3 2019 - Your predictions

Anything to do with games at all.

With this being the last year of the current generation, do you expect this to be another great E3

Yes - It'll be as good as previous years
9
33%
No - It'll be bad like E3 2012
18
67%
 
Total votes: 27
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Alvin Flummux » Fri May 17, 2019 2:04 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
DarkRula wrote:Thousand Year Door will be remade but all the interesting characters will be replaced with Toads.

Mark my words.


thatd be kind of cool


Thousand Toad Load

User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Yubel » Fri May 17, 2019 5:51 pm

It'll be tough to compose myself when Watch Dogs 3 rocks up at this years show - that on top of Animal Crossing and MM2 parading around is enough for me to safely assume a far from disappointing year.

As for predictions:

Cyberpunk to sweep up several best of show awards.
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Any information at all on the Avengers project
No Death Stranding
Luigi's Mansion 3 could be delayed

Kinda struggling to conjure up anything else at the moment without pulling out a wild card.

User avatar
Rob-ho ho-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Rob-ho ho-92 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 pm

DarkRula wrote:Thousand Year Door will be remade but all the interesting characters will be replaced with Toads.

Mark my words.


Wouldn’t even surprise me :(

Image

Image
User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Manchester

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Jamo3103 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Think this could potentially be a fairly dull E3 given that console cycles are coming to an end, without it looking like new systems will be revealed at E3.

Most of the major things likely to be shown will probably be things we already know about but I'm really excited to see more of Luigi's Mansion 3 and to finally get an Animal Crossing reveal. Hoping Luigi's Mansion 3 will be more similar to the first game in terms of structure as I really didn't get on with the mission based structure of Dark Moon. Hoping we'll actually get some solid gameplay and release dates for FF7 Remake and Shenmue 3 too, they've been long enough coming.

Not expecting much other than that but hopefully we'll get some nice surprises, above all I'd love to see Nintendo announce more of its back catalogue coming to Switch, whether it's through virtual console, switch online or full-blown remasters/re-releases. It's Nintendo though so I've learnt by now not to expect too much :lol:

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Lazy Fair » Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm

It would be interesting if Nintendo did a big twist with Links Awakening. See the way dragon Quest 11 will be playable with 16 bit graphics, too down style? Imagine they showed some more of LTTP as it has been shown then said “We’ve also completely remastered the game in 3D, and you can swap between styles at the press of a button”. Cue the game planning out into a fully 3D BOTW style game.

That would be cool!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by suzzopher » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:01 am

Xbox
Fable IV
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remastered
Perfect Dark

Nintendo
Rare Replay announced for Switch but doesn’t have the Xbox or Speccy games, just the games that appeared on Nintendo platforms.
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remaster
SNES Games for Switch Online

User avatar
Walking in a Winter Winckleland
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Walking in a Winter Winckleland » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 am

suzzopher wrote:Xbox
Fable IV
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remastered
Perfect Dark

Nintendo
Rare Replay announced for Switch but doesn’t have the Xbox or Speccy games, just the games that appeared on Nintendo platforms.
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remaster
SNES Games for Switch Online

Perfect Dark on Switch with gyro aiming would be incredible

User avatar
christmasforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by christmasforever » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:35 am

Xbox Two standard and pro models announced and to be released in Spring 2020
Fable and Banjo Kazooie sequels
Super Mario Sunshine on Switch
N64 games on Switch as the N64 mini classic will probably be delayed for a few years
Switch Portable - fully portable Nintendo Switch with no detachable controllers and looking like a kids toy
No Switch Premium as that's not what Nintendo do and wouldn't yield a larger profit

NickSCFC

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by NickSCFC » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:41 pm

gamerforever wrote:Xbox Two standard and pro models announced and to be released in Spring 2020
Fable and Banjo Kazooie sequels
Super Mario Sunshine on Switch
N64 games on Switch as the N64 mini classic will probably be delayed for a few years
Switch Portable - fully portable Nintendo Switch with no detachable controllers and looking like a kids toy
No Switch Premium as that's not what Nintendo do and wouldn't yield a larger profit


This has got to happen at some point in the next few months, with 3DS sequels coming like Animal Crossing, Pokemon S&S and Fire Emblem they'd be stupid not to.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 pm

suzzopher wrote:Xbox
Fable IV
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remastered
Perfect Dark

Nintendo
Rare Replay announced for Switch but doesn’t have the Xbox or Speccy games, just the games that appeared on Nintendo platforms.
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remaster
SNES Games for Switch Online

And pretty much all my interest in it would die. I want to play Gunfright and Atic Atac on Switch.

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm

suzzopher wrote:Xbox
Fable IV
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remastered
Perfect Dark


Nintendo
Rare Replay announced for Switch but doesn’t have the Xbox or Speccy games, just the games that appeared on Nintendo platforms.
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remaster
SNES Games for Switch Online


I would definitely buy back in to the Xbox brand if this came to pass.

Only thing I am looking for this E3 is some awareness of when the next gen is coming and confirmation that it will be fully backwards compatible so I can skip where we are now and pick up the next generation with both the new games and all those I missed from the 4/One era as a bonus! :toot:

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Rudolphin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:23 pm

I'm extremely excited for the next generation of Xbox for sure. With all the first party talent on board, and hopefully lessons learnt from the XBONE launch, it could be something special.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Steam will relaunch the Steambox and promise it'll be good this time :shifty: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
NickSCFC

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by NickSCFC » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Steam will relaunch the Steambox and promise it'll be good this time :shifty: .


Maybe Valve could get back to making games instead of boring crap like this.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Photek » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Jenuall wrote:Only thing I am looking for this E3 is some awareness of when the next gen is coming and confirmation that it will be fully backwards compatible so I can skip where we are now and pick up the next generation with both the new games and all those I missed from the 4/One era as a bonus! :toot:

Next Xbox is already confirmed to be fully backwards compatible with Xbox One, 360 and OG Xbox.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Photek wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Only thing I am looking for this E3 is some awareness of when the next gen is coming and confirmation that it will be fully backwards compatible so I can skip where we are now and pick up the next generation with both the new games and all those I missed from the 4/One era as a bonus! :toot:

Next Xbox is already confirmed to be fully backwards compatible with Xbox One, 360 and OG Xbox.

Good shout, I seem to recall this being the case but wasn't 100% sure. The PS5 is the main one I'm interested in. If that is backwards compatible with the PS4 (and hopefully further) then I will be very likely to get one as I have skipped the last two generations of PlayStation so that will be a heck of a lot of great titles available to me on day 1!

Image
NickSCFC

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by NickSCFC » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Photek wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Only thing I am looking for this E3 is some awareness of when the next gen is coming and confirmation that it will be fully backwards compatible so I can skip where we are now and pick up the next generation with both the new games and all those I missed from the 4/One era as a bonus! :toot:

Next Xbox is already confirmed to be fully backwards compatible with Xbox One, 360 and OG Xbox.

Good shout, I seem to recall this being the case but wasn't 100% sure. The PS5 is the main one I'm interested in. If that is backwards compatible with the PS4 (and hopefully further) then I will be very likely to get one as I have skipped the last two generations of PlayStation so that will be a heck of a lot of great titles available to me on day 1!


Photek omitted that PS5's backwards compatibility has also been confirmed

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65583/ps ... index.html

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:16 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Photek wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Only thing I am looking for this E3 is some awareness of when the next gen is coming and confirmation that it will be fully backwards compatible so I can skip where we are now and pick up the next generation with both the new games and all those I missed from the 4/One era as a bonus! :toot:

Next Xbox is already confirmed to be fully backwards compatible with Xbox One, 360 and OG Xbox.

Good shout, I seem to recall this being the case but wasn't 100% sure. The PS5 is the main one I'm interested in. If that is backwards compatible with the PS4 (and hopefully further) then I will be very likely to get one as I have skipped the last two generations of PlayStation so that will be a heck of a lot of great titles available to me on day 1!


Photek omitted that PS5's backwards compatibility has also been confirmed

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65583/ps ... index.html

Happy Days! :toot:

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Photek » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 pm

There's a difference between omitting and not knowing, I don't go into Sony threads.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2019 - Your predictions (show starts 10/06/2019)
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:43 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Steam will relaunch the Steambox and promise it'll be good this time :shifty: .


Maybe Valve could get back to making games instead of boring crap like this.


Don't be silly.
Who'd buy boring rubbish like Half Like 3 or Left for Dead 3 these days :roll: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christmas.Past, kazanova_Frankincense, Mafro, Mr. Mystery Garth, MSN [Bot] and 70 guests