Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Dannie Lennox_
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostElection Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Dannie Lennox_ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:31 pm

Simple innit - try and predict where exactly those 650 seats are going to go.
Closest wins!*

My guess:

I wrote:Conservatives 291
Labour 261
SNP 38
Liberal Democrats 27
DUP 10
Independent 7
Sinn Fein 7
Brexit Party 3
Plaid Cymru 2
Greens 2
ChangeUK 1
Speaker 1


This isn't about who you think should win or the various merits and otherwise of the parties involved - for that chat, go here.

*Bragging rights only. No cash prize. In the case of a draw, the person with the most posts in the No Context Thread shall be declared the winner. For full terms and conditions please contact memberlist.php?mode=team and state "hey I want you to do something about that stupid election prediction thread".

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Victor Mistletoe » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:42 pm

100% banana splits

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:100% banana splits

[/thread]

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Hyperion » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:10 pm

Dannie Lennox_ wrote:
I wrote:Conservatives 291
Labour 261
SNP 38
Liberal Democrats 27
DUP 10
Independent 7
Sinn Fein 7
Brexit Party 3
Plaid Cymru 2
Greens 2
ChangeUK 1
Speaker 1


If this were the result I'd spend all day on it. Sadly this is fanciful as you've given ChangeUK a seat

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Dowbocop » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Conservative - 300
Labour - 260
SNP - 45
Lib Dem - 20
Brexit - 6
DUP - 6
Sinn Fein - 7
Greens - 4
Independent - 1
Speaker - 1
CUK - 0

Is the Context Thread decider based on posts in the thread or citations? The last thing we need is another poorly defined question which will fuel bitter animosity for years to come...

User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Karl_ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:04 pm

The Socialist Party of Great Britain - 650

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Rex Kramer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:08 pm

I'm going to go with 52% white men older than 50.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Captain Kinopio » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:10 pm

I wrote:Conservatives 325
Labour 250
SNP 30
Liberal Democrats 13
DUP 10
Independent 5
Sinn Fein 7
Brexit Party 4
Plaid Cymru 2
Greens 2
ChangeUK 1
Speaker 1

User avatar
Vermi Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Vermi Claus » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:20 pm

I predict the make up of parliament will be a mix of Boots No.7, Rimmel, and Max Factor.

They'll all look fabulous as a result.

Last edited by Vermi Claus on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mommy Christmas
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Mommy Christmas » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:14 pm

I predict a Conservative majority of at least 40 seats.

Image
User avatar
Bethlehemster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Bethlehemster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:19 pm

I'd say 15-20. It could be a lot closer than that though.

Get the kite, Beavis.
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:16 pm

Heart - Remain Alliance majority
Head - Hung Parliament
Fear - Tory majority :dread:

Image
User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Met » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:19 pm

I'm going to go for a slight Tory majority of a handful of seats, SNP remaining the 3rd party with a few gains and the Lib Dems holding steady. Brexit and Greens will make a couple of seats due to the prevalence of their issues. Labour will mostly be bled to make these numbers due to the anti-Semitism push and their perceived weakness on the Brexit issue.

I don't really follow Wales and NI, so I couldn't tell you where that's going.

Can't wait to be 100% wrong in a fortnight.

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Saigon Slick » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:45 am

Anyone thinking that the SNP will get less than 45-50 seats isnt following Scottish politics very hard, I don’t think. :shifty:

With that said, I predict my disaster of an MP will somehow hold on to her seat, despite living 400 miles away from her constituency, advocating for the direct use of nuclear weapons and generally having been disastrous at every turn in this general election.

Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:04 am

I absolutely get and have zero issue with the rise of the SNP. Scotland deserves far better than how Westminster treats it and everyone in Scotland deserves the opportunity to vote for a party that actually stands up for them and offer the hope of what they want. If the "mainstream parties" had been better then there would have been less need for the SNP revolution.

But at the same time there used to be a solid return of 40+ seats for Labour in Scotland, if that were still the case we would have stood a decent chance of avoiding the gooseberry fool storm of the last 10 years. :x

Image
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Saigon Slick » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:11 am

Jenuall wrote:I absolutely get and have zero issue with the rise of the SNP. Scotland deserves far better than how Westminster treats it and everyone in Scotland deserves the opportunity to vote for a party that actually stands up for them and offer the hope of what they want. If the "mainstream parties" had been better then there would have been less need for the SNP revolution.

But at the same time there used to be a solid return of 40+ seats for Labour in Scotland, if that were still the case we would have stood a decent chance of avoiding the gooseberry fool storm of the last 10 years. :x


Then to be perfectly blunt, the major Westminster parties shouldn't have treated north of the border like political poison or the proverbial red-headed stepchild for most of my lifetime.

Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:15 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I absolutely get and have zero issue with the rise of the SNP. Scotland deserves far better than how Westminster treats it and everyone in Scotland deserves the opportunity to vote for a party that actually stands up for them and offer the hope of what they want. If the "mainstream parties" had been better then there would have been less need for the SNP revolution.

But at the same time there used to be a solid return of 40+ seats for Labour in Scotland, if that were still the case we would have stood a decent chance of avoiding the gooseberry fool storm of the last 10 years. :x


Then to be perfectly blunt, the major Westminster parties shouldn't have treated north of the border like political poison or the proverbial red-headed stepchild for most of my lifetime.

Absolutely, that's why I said that. :wub:

Image
User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Harry Ellis » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:37 am

Conservatives 292
Labour 271
SNP 55
Sinn Fein 9
Liberal Democrats 8
DUP 8
Independent 3
Plaid Cymru 2
Greens 1
Speaker 1
Brexit Party 0
ChangeUK 0

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Harry Ellis » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 am

Jenuall wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I absolutely get and have zero issue with the rise of the SNP. Scotland deserves far better than how Westminster treats it and everyone in Scotland deserves the opportunity to vote for a party that actually stands up for them and offer the hope of what they want. If the "mainstream parties" had been better then there would have been less need for the SNP revolution.

But at the same time there used to be a solid return of 40+ seats for Labour in Scotland, if that were still the case we would have stood a decent chance of avoiding the gooseberry fool storm of the last 10 years. :x

Then to be perfectly blunt, the major Westminster parties shouldn't have treated north of the border like political poison or the proverbial red-headed stepchild for most of my lifetime.

Absolutely, that's why I said that. :wub:

Completely 100% agree. If I were a Scot I'd be very pro independence.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Mommy Christmas
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Election Prediction 2019 - Guess the makeup of Parliament
by Mommy Christmas » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:10 am

Drumstick wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I absolutely get and have zero issue with the rise of the SNP. Scotland deserves far better than how Westminster treats it and everyone in Scotland deserves the opportunity to vote for a party that actually stands up for them and offer the hope of what they want. If the "mainstream parties" had been better then there would have been less need for the SNP revolution.

But at the same time there used to be a solid return of 40+ seats for Labour in Scotland, if that were still the case we would have stood a decent chance of avoiding the gooseberry fool storm of the last 10 years. :x

Then to be perfectly blunt, the major Westminster parties shouldn't have treated north of the border like political poison or the proverbial red-headed stepchild for most of my lifetime.

Absolutely, that's why I said that. :wub:

Completely 100% agree. If I were a Scot I'd be very pro independence.



Scotland should be entitled to independence of both the country AND the oil in Scottish waters. While there is oil it is going to be tricky to get a decent deal through.

Image

Return to “Stuff”