Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Garth » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:45 pm


User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Venom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:18 pm


User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Preezy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:25 pm

maeks u fink bout da planet dont u fink x

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Gemini73 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Is that the follow up to Praise You?

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Preezy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Seriously though, it's gooseberry fool like that that gives these protests a bad name.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Garth » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am

High Court rules London protest ban unlawful

Extinction Rebellion has won a High Court challenge against the Metropolitan Police over a London-wide ban on protests.

The police imposed a four-day ban last month, prohibiting two or more people from the group taking part in protests dubbed the 'autumn uprising'.

However, judges have ruled that the move was "unlawful" and officers had no power to impose it.

Lawyers for the group described the police action as "hastily imposed".

They say the Met Police now faces claims for false imprisonment from "potentially hundreds" of protesters.

The Met had argued the ban was the only way of tackling disruption caused by protests.

It has said 1,832 people were arrested during the demonstrations, with more than 150 charged with offences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50316561

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by OrangeRKN » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:24 am

Garth wrote:The Met had argued the ban was the only way of tackling disruption caused by protests.


Or, might I tentatively suggest, a political response from government to tackle the issues being protested might work too?

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Moggy » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:55 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Garth wrote:The Met had argued the ban was the only way of tackling disruption caused by protests.


Or, might I tentatively suggest, a political response from government to tackle the issues being protested might work too?


There's no magic money tree you know! Johnson would love to have spent money tackling the issues but he was too busy spending £100m on an advertising campaign informing the public that we were leaving the EU on 31 October.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by <]:^D » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Squinty wrote:Those protestors were idiots, for blocking public transport and the guy kicking at the blokes head. But more importantly, it really is not right to drag someone from a train, and do whatever happened after that.

That's vigilante behaviour. And that's not good.

It's scary that a not insignificant proportion of the commuter population is capable of doing that on a Thursday morning. Kicking someone helplessly trapped on the floor, surrounded by other people doing the same thing... you like to think something like that is confined to a dramatic scene taken from a gangster film.

my friend said a man in a suit going to work told two ladies to stop talking and laughing on the morning commute or he'd spit in their faces. they laughted at him and he went and did it. massive fight broke out in the carriage :shock:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:32 pm

<]:^D wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Squinty wrote:Those protestors were idiots, for blocking public transport and the guy kicking at the blokes head. But more importantly, it really is not right to drag someone from a train, and do whatever happened after that.

That's vigilante behaviour. And that's not good.

It's scary that a not insignificant proportion of the commuter population is capable of doing that on a Thursday morning. Kicking someone helplessly trapped on the floor, surrounded by other people doing the same thing... you like to think something like that is confined to a dramatic scene taken from a gangster film.

my friend said a man in a suit going to work told two ladies to stop talking and laughing on the morning commute or he'd spit in their faces. they laughted at him and he went and did it. massive fight broke out in the carriage :shock:

Amateur :fp:. He should have posted about it in the things that annoy you thread instead.

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Extinction Rebellion - I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience
by BID0 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:45 pm



Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BAKA, Barnsy!, Bethlehemster, Cuttooth, FatDaz, Frank, Grumpy David, ITSMILNER, KK, mic, Minty14, MSN [Bot], poshrule_uk, PuppetBoy, satriales, Squinty, suzzopher, Tafdolphin, wensleydale and 57 guests