Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Pedro » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Just finished my play through. Golden Deer, Casual and Normal difficulty. Would only allow a single unit to fall or I'd restart the level. Yeah - this is probably my favourite Fire Emblem of the 4 I've put a decent amount of time in to (3DS ones and this).

Can see myself playing a NewGame+ go through. Not bad when you've just played 50hrs to think your happily play it through again.

Started to feel OP when I was using Stride + a bunch of Wyvern Riders meant I could get to Commanders in a Blitzkreig that meant I outpaced most reinforcements.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by shy guy 64 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:12 pm

well ive just finished chapter 18. or just started it ive lost track, any way i think some nuclear weapons just turned up, so thats a thing

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Mafro » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Is this a good game for someone's "first" Fire Emblem. I say "first" because I got Awakening on 3DS for free in one of those buy 2 get 1 free eShop promos and never really played it. How heavy is the RPG stuff in the monastery?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Banjo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 am

It can be almost entirely skipped if you want. There are options to completely automate the teaching process, and if you wanted you could play the game without ever exploring the Monastery.

User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Dig Dug » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am

Not entirely true some early chapters force you to explore.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by shy guy 64 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 pm

just two chapters to go

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Squinty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:14 am

Haven't played this since the weekend, hoping to get back to it tonight. I got spoiled on something via YouTube.

The timeskip.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Tafdolphin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:18 am

So just pulled the trigger on this and it's currently downloading. Any essential tips for a series newcomer?

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Squinty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 am

Tafdolphin wrote:So just pulled the trigger on this and it's currently downloading. Any essential tips for a series newcomer?


Pay attention to terrain when battling. Some terrain has beneficial effects.

Female Byleth is also a good choice. There's a useful character who will join your class almost immediately because of this (he's a womaniser).

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Mafro » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 am

Banjo wrote:It can be almost entirely skipped if you want. There are options to completely automate the teaching process, and if you wanted you could play the game without ever exploring the Monastery.

I actually really like the look of those parts so I hope there's a lot of them :lol:

Bought it yesterday from CD keys and sunk about 5 hours straight into it last night.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Mafro wrote:
Banjo wrote:It can be almost entirely skipped if you want. There are options to completely automate the teaching process, and if you wanted you could play the game without ever exploring the Monastery.

I actually really like the look of those parts so I hope there's a lot of them :lol:

Bought it yesterday from CD keys and sunk about 5 hours straight into it last night.


which house?

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Mafro » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:56 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Banjo wrote:It can be almost entirely skipped if you want. There are options to completely automate the teaching process, and if you wanted you could play the game without ever exploring the Monastery.

I actually really like the look of those parts so I hope there's a lot of them :lol:

Bought it yesterday from CD keys and sunk about 5 hours straight into it last night.


which house?

Black Eagles.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Mafro wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Banjo wrote:It can be almost entirely skipped if you want. There are options to completely automate the teaching process, and if you wanted you could play the game without ever exploring the Monastery.

I actually really like the look of those parts so I hope there's a lot of them :lol:

Bought it yesterday from CD keys and sunk about 5 hours straight into it last night.


which house?

Black Eagles.


ah i may have some questions for you when youre further on

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Squinty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Another one for Black Eagles. Looking forward to further impressions :datass:

Also Bernie's later support conversations are somewhat heartbreaking.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Tafdolphin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Chalk another up for the Black Eagles. The students won me over: Sleepy Boy, Little Miss Terrified and Madam Talks Gud were all too good to pass up.

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Best boy
Contact:

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Kriken » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Finished my first playthrough a few days ago, with the Black Eagles: Edelgard's route. From what I've heard, it's the shortest out of all of them. Re-loaded an earlier save so I could choose not to side with Edelgard, which has led to the 'Church/Rhea' route and I'm in the middle of that now.

After that I'm probably going to check out new game plus+ with female Byleth and one of the other houses. I like the Blue Lions students and almost picked that house initially but I'm also pretty curious about the Golden Deer playthrough.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 pm

and finished

well nemesis was bs healing himself with like half the things he did. some of the character endings were kind of bitter sweet. well perhaps ill be giving the ng+ a look

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Tafdolphin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:13 pm

So I didn't really get the concept of Classic mode and lost my first guy on the very first practice battle.

So long Caspar, you were not long for this world.

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Mafro » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Bernadetta and her perpetual fear of everyone wanting to kill her is just the best.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch - Out Now
by Tafdolphin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Mafro wrote:Bernadetta and her perpetual fear of everyone wanting to kill her is just the best.


She's almost the sole reason I chose Black Eagles.

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Edd, Mafro, Monkey Man, Ord, Red 5 stella, Snowcannon, VlaSoul and 38 guests