General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Cuttooth » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Jim and Burns are part of a video production company, Alice Bell is deputy editor at Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Matt Lees is permanent at Shut Up & Sit Down isn't he? Dave is I think in video game PR?

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Pedz » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:51 pm

I thought Jim and Burns did a different thing not I volving games and had another guy called Dave with em?

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Saint of Killers » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Valve's reasoning (actually, there's a few reasons but I'm talking about the lack of interesting tech reason) for a lack of Episode 3 makes me not give a gooseberry fool about Half Life. Well done Gabe and co!

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Saint of Killers » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:12 pm



heh.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Zilnad » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Was playing through Doom 2016 with the goal of finding all the secrets but I just deleted my save by accident. :x

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:

heh.

I'm so glad he's brought that account out of retirement. :lol:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Zilnad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:30 am

Maybe it's because I've been playing so many games during the lockdown but does anyone else get to the point of wanting to strawberry float off the entire hobby?

I know I'll get over it and I'm being melodramatic but I've just had so much of my time wasted the past few days by dross like Wolfenstein 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 that I don't even feel like playing games I love at the moment.

Maybe it's like a sunk cost fallacy. I really wanted to love those games but the more I pushed on, the more time I feel like I wasted. Until I eventually gave up and hated them for wasting my time completely.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:43 am

When you say Wolfenstein II, do you mean The New Colossus? I was thinking about starting that up as I have really enjoyed The New Order, shame to hear it's not a strong game.

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Trelliz » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:56 am

Zilnad wrote:Maybe it's because I've been playing so many games during the lockdown but does anyone else get to the point of wanting to strawberry float off the entire hobby?

I know I'll get over it and I'm being melodramatic but I've just had so much of my time wasted the past few days by dross like Wolfenstein 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 that I don't even feel like playing games I love at the moment.

Maybe it's like a sunk cost fallacy. I really wanted to love those games but the more I pushed on, the more time I feel like I wasted. Until I eventually gave up and hated them for wasting my time completely.


I've gotten back into tabletop gaming (Warhammer) recently before lockdown, and my tolerance for videogames that do not respect my time or that aren't immediately fun has gone through the floor. I've started enjoying games like Call of Duty as they're short and get on with it.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Zilnad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:58 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:When you say Wolfenstein II, do you mean The New Colossus? I was thinking about starting that up as I have really enjoyed The New Order, shame to hear it's not a strong game.


Unfortunately, yes. Give it a go but play on "can I play daddy?" unless you want to die constantly.

I remember really enjoying The New Order but II has done nothing but piss me off.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Buffalo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Same - the sequel is a bit of a state for the reasons you’ve mentioned here and in another thread I think it was.
I’d give it a whirl if you can get it on Gamepass or something Cora, but be prepared.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Squinty » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm

Zilnad wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:When you say Wolfenstein II, do you mean The New Colossus? I was thinking about starting that up as I have really enjoyed The New Order, shame to hear it's not a strong game.


Unfortunately, yes. Give it a go but play on "can I play daddy?" unless you want to die constantly.

I remember really enjoying The New Order but II has done nothing but piss me off.


I didn't have a problem with the gameplay, apart from the last boss which took a few attempts.

The game is a mess in terms of plotting though. It just seems to swing from one plot point to the next, it feels less focused as a result. Also, it gets really strawberry floating ridiculous at points.

The original is a much better game. I haven't checked out The Old Blood yet.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Zilnad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:23 pm

I remember really enjoying Old Blood as well. I'm glad I'm not alone in hating II, I was worried I was being a grumpy bum.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:24 pm

That is a real shame, I'd read that they go back to the United States and was really looking forward to seeing some alt-history Unazid States of America stuff.

Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: General Games Chat; The Chat Thread!
by Cuttooth » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:That is a real shame, I'd read that they go back to the United States and was really looking forward to seeing some alt-history Unazid States of America stuff.

Eh, it's still good for that. It's still a fine game just much more of a slog than a predecessor whose quality kind of came out of nowhere.

I am still only about 60% through though, some two and a half years later. :slol:


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, Godzilla, HaruKazuhira, Kanbei, Mafro, OldSoulCyborg, Ploiper, Poser, Trelliz and 41 guests