Page 1 of 241

GRcade Retro Gaming Chat

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:56 pm
by ITSMILNER
Image

Big thanks to Jawa for the awesome logo

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:03 pm
by kommissarboris
sonic 3.

and i have Tennis in the NES at all times so i can play a game while waiting on ps3/360 loading or updating or whatever the strawberry float they do to stop me playing.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 pm
by Joer
I've been playing GTA2 recently via Steam. First time playing it too! Really enjoying it. :wub:

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:34 pm
by Gemini73
Been playing quite a bit of retro recently. Giga Wing has been a particular favourite along with Drift Out and Martimelee.

Image


Image

Image

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 pm
by THIS BAD BOY STEALS POINTS
I've never played any of those games. Martimelee I've never heard of but assuming those screens are listed respectively, it looks very much Street Fighter III-esque - am I right in thinking that?

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:59 pm
by Dig Dug
I've been jumping between systems a lot recently, in the space of 2 weeks I have gone on and off playstation again. Now I'm playing PC games, installed Quake II and Diablo before, so good...

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:00 pm
by Gemini73
Dan. wrote:I've never played any of those games. Martimelee I've never heard of but assuming those screens are listed respectively, it looks very much Street Fighter III-esque - am I right in thinking that?


Matrimelee is, in a sense, a relatively new one to me as well. I'd heard of it but only got to play it a few years or so ago, (even though it had been sat on my HD for ages :lol: ). I'd say it has more in common with Garou: MotW than SF III, however as entertaining as it is it's not as good as either of those two fighters.

I've actually been going through my HD again when I stumbled on it and thought "oh! I'll give that another bash!"

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:06 pm
by THIS BAD BOY STEALS POINTS
Actually I forgot to mention, I've been playing a lot (too much) Championship Manager 2000/01 recently. Whenever I have my laptop on I boot the game up to play 'in between' and end up losing a few hours :fp: That game is magic though. :wub:

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:15 pm
by Dig Dug
Dan. wrote:Actually I forgot to mention, I've been playing a lot (too much) Championship Manager 2000/01 recently. Whenever I have my laptop on I boot the game up to play 'in between' and end up losing a few hours :fp: That game is magic though. :wub:

Must be because I remember my game having it new as late as 2006/7.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:56 pm
by ITSMILNER
The selection of retro games available on the 3DS e-shop is amazing :wub: I currenly have 10 GBA games, 10 NES, 4 GB/GBC and 2 game & watch titles

Hope ninty bring SNES titles to 3DS

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:36 pm
by Somebody Else's Problem
magicmilner wrote:Hope ninty bring SNES titles to 3DS


Surely it's only a matter of time. Same for Master System, Mega Drive etc.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:03 am
by Carlos
I have about 50 VC games downloaded on the Wii. Streets of Rage 2 gets played any time I have a mate over and I play Sonic 2/3 on a weekly basis with my son who is slowly picking up platforming skills but hasn't managed to spin dash yet.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 am
by Mockmaster
Been playing Shadowrun on the SNES. Anyone remember this gem?




Also lots of Half Life 1 Deathmatch at work. We've built some awesome custom levels.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:23 pm
by THIS BAD BOY STEALS POINTS
Mockmaster wrote:Also lots of Half Life 1 Deathmatch at work. We've built some awesome custom levels.


I could only hope to dream of something similarly cool taking place where I work. :lol:

Carlos wrote:I have about 50 VC games downloaded on the Wii. Streets of Rage 2 gets played any time I have a mate over and I play Sonic 2/3 on a weekly basis with my son who is slowly picking up platforming skills but hasn't managed to spin dash yet.


I think I picked up more hours overall on MK64 on VC than I ever did on the N64 original. It helps that I had my Wii, and four GC pads, with me throughout university. Best MK ever :wub: But the VC is a great platform, I just wish that more third parties got involved as there's some absolute beauties missing. I'd love to see Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon on there, I can't play the cartridge original any more as it requires a memory pak and none of mine work anymore :(

Dig Dug wrote:Must be because I remember my game having it new as late as 2006/7.


Just passed the 10 year mark on mine, going into 2011 :lol:

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:25 pm
by kommissarboris
all this gamecube talk lately, i might fire it up over the weekend, recently got FX Zero which needs playing.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 pm
by THIS BAD BOY STEALS POINTS
kommissarboris wrote:all this gamecube talk lately, i might fire it up over the weekend, recently got FX Zero which needs playing.


It's an amazing game. Be patient with it though.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:57 pm
by kommissarboris
Dan. wrote:
kommissarboris wrote:all this gamecube talk lately, i might fire it up over the weekend, recently got FX Zero which needs playing.


It's an amazing game. Be patient with it though.


i played it shortly a long time ago.

but i'm no noob to the fx games, grew up with the 16 bit version and love the gba version, even though tis rediculiously hard.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:03 pm
by Dig Dug
Dan. wrote:
Mockmaster wrote:Also lots of Half Life 1 Deathmatch at work. We've built some awesome custom levels.


I could only hope to dream of something similarly cool taking place where I work. :lol:

Carlos wrote:I have about 50 VC games downloaded on the Wii. Streets of Rage 2 gets played any time I have a mate over and I play Sonic 2/3 on a weekly basis with my son who is slowly picking up platforming skills but hasn't managed to spin dash yet.


I think I picked up more hours overall on MK64 on VC than I ever did on the N64 original. It helps that I had my Wii, and four GC pads, with me throughout university. Best MK ever :wub: But the VC is a great platform, I just wish that more third parties got involved as there's some absolute beauties missing. I'd love to see Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon on there, I can't play the cartridge original any more as it requires a memory pak and none of mine work anymore :(

Dig Dug wrote:Must be because I remember my game having it new as late as 2006/7.


Just passed the 10 year mark on mine, going into 2011 :lol:

I meant my local GAME store was selling it in 2007.

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 pm
by THIS BAD BOY STEALS POINTS
Dig Dug wrote:I meant my local GAME store was selling it in 2007.


:shock:

I can't decide if that's indicative of the quality of the game or the idiocy of Game's policy. :lol:

Re: General Retro Gaming Thread

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:29 pm
by Dig Dug
Well consider this, how many years was Championship Manager 4 in shops for? For-fucking-ever.