GR Decides - Tory Leadership

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Who should be the new Tory leader?

Michael Gove
1
2%
Matt Hancock
3
7%
Mark Harper
0
No votes
Jeremy Hunt
6
13%
Sajid Javid
4
9%
Boris Johnson
10
22%
Andrea Leadsom
0
No votes
Esther McVey
1
2%
Dominic Raab
1
2%
Rory Stewart
20
43%
 
Total votes: 46
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Garth » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 am

Drumstick wrote:Any of these spoken publicly about bringing back national service?

National Citizen Service at least:

Only targeting young people of course.

And he's the least bad option it seems :lol:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:49 am

Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Not voting, sorry Moggy. :lol:


Closet Esther McVey fan that’s scared of being outed?


No, Gove.

Image Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Drumstick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 pm

It just beggars belief so that so many of these strawberry floaters want to take us back in time and undo much of the progress made over the last few decades.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Moggy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Not voting, sorry Moggy. :lol:


Closet Esther McVey fan that’s scared of being outed?


No, Gove.


Makes sense, as a Scottish person you’d like the opportunity to sell cocaine to the PM.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 pm

Bring back mandatory Longbow training :toot: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Ironhide » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 pm

I'd rather the Downing Street cat get the job, he/she would probably do a better job with the Brexit negotiations.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Squinty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Sajid Javid probably. Even at that I think he's made some crap decisions. He's the least shitty turd out of a bunch of feces. Matt Hancock has fridges, I guess he's be another choice.

Plus, if Javid got in, the racist strawberry floats would do their nut. So that would be enjoyable to watch.

User avatar
Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Squinty wrote:
Plus, if Javid got in, the racist strawberry floats would do their nut. So that would be enjoyable to watch.

Yes, but it does long term damage to the UK, because it allows the Tories to sell the lie that, as the party with the first ethnic minority PM, they are the party that acts in the interests of ethnic minorities - much like how they've been able to pass themselves off as a party that's all for the rights of women (they're not) because of Thatcher and Notamother Theresa.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Ironhide » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:56 pm

THE ONLY TRUE GAMER wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Plus, if Javid got in, the racist strawberry floats would do their nut. So that would be enjoyable to watch.

Yes, but it does long term damage to the UK, because it allows the Tories to sell the lie that, as the party with the first ethnic minority PM, they are the party that acts in the interests of ethnic minorities - much like how they've been able to pass themselves off as a party that's all for the rights of women (they're not) because of Thatcher and Notamother Theresa.


I'm sure she'll have laid several clutches of eggs all around the UK, once they hatch in a couple of hundred years the country will be ruled by her lizard-like spawn.

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by BID0 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 pm

It’s a gooseberry fool outcome whatever happens. I’m genuinely hoping this is the last of Conservatives being in power. They can’t win another GE after this surely :fp: and then by that point their support base will be dead or dying, preventing them coming back after a period of absence and a regroup

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Moggy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:00 pm

BID0 wrote:It’s a gooseberry fool outcome whatever happens. I’m genuinely hoping this is the last of Conservatives being in power. They can’t win another GE after this surely :fp: and then by that point their support base will be dead or dying, preventing them coming back after a period of absence and a regroup


Corbyn.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 am

Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Not voting, sorry Moggy. :lol:


Closet Esther McVey fan that’s scared of being outed?


No, Gove.


Makes sense, as a Scottish person you’d like the opportunity to sell cocaine to the PM.

:lol:

Image Image
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by satriales » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:46 am

I don't want Boris Johnson to win but it seems inevitable and this whole thing is a charade.
I'm hoping he's so bad that it causes a general election very soon afterwards.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:00 am

It's obvious that Boris has the majority of the support at the moment given he's the ERGs chosen candidate but it'll be interesting to see where the other choice's backers go as they drop out. Obviously the self serving gooseberry fool artists will coalesce behind the eventual leader so they don't do themselves out of a cabinet post but maybe Boris isn't a forgone conclusion.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Ad7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 am

Why are they even bothering with this when we all know Boris will get it? He nailed his colours to the racist mast months ago to sew the seeds for this. WOT WE NEED IS SUM 1 WHOZ NOT A FRAYED 2 SAY WOT HE FINKS

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Cuttooth » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am



Comfortably one of the most strawberry floated up things I've ever heard a politician say.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by KK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am

Boris still hasn’t committed to these TV debates. How utterly stupid and pointless will it look when the front runner and most likely winner isn’t even there. As for the channels that have banked on the 2 semi finalists going head-to-head, what are they going to do?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Moggy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:52 am

KK wrote:Boris still hasn’t committed to these TV debates. How utterly stupid and pointless will it look when the front runner and most likely winner isn’t even there. As for the channels that have banked on the 2 semi finalists going head-to-head, what are they going to do?


Other than his leadership bid launch he’s been very quietly avoiding the press and interviews. Obviously it’s part of a strategy to avoid him strawberry floating up and TV debates would risk that.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Squinty » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:35 pm

He's still going to win despite his team clearly keeping him out of the limelight for the above reasons.

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: GR Decides - Tory Leadership
by Winckle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Moggy wrote:
OnlyShallow wrote:This is basically asking us what flavour of shite would you eat.

:dread:


Mint choc chip obviously. :roll:

Bloody mint choc chip liberals.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth and 30 guests