GRCade Christmas dinner competition

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Jenuall » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Tinzilnad wrote:Nobody had cauliflower then?

We had Cauliflower cheese as a side dish :D

awaayl1 in a manger wrote:
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:This was pre-gravy application and also before I realised I hadn't added the pigs in blankets!

Image

strawberry floating lovely stuff :datass:


I think this is the only one that genuinely beats mine.

I can admit when I've been outclassed. Well played.

Real respects Real.

Game recognise game :datass:

Image
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by LewisD » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:55 pm

awaayl1 in a manger wrote:
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:This was pre-gravy application and also before I realised I hadn't added the pigs in blankets!

Image

strawberry floating lovely stuff :datass:


I think this is the only one that genuinely beats mine.

I can admit when I've been outclassed. Well played.

Real respects Real.


It'll be a COLD DAY IN HELL before a Three-potato Christmas dinner wins :lol:

At least five!

|----------|
LewisD
|----------|
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Jenuall » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:06 pm

LewisD wrote:
awaayl1 in a manger wrote:
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:This was pre-gravy application and also before I realised I hadn't added the pigs in blankets!

Image

strawberry floating lovely stuff :datass:


I think this is the only one that genuinely beats mine.

I can admit when I've been outclassed. Well played.

Real respects Real.


It'll be a COLD DAY IN HELL before a Three-potato Christmas dinner wins :lol:

At least five!

:lol:

Obviously this was only round 1 ;)

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Moggy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:45 am

Tinzilnad wrote:Nobody had cauliflower then?


We did, but all of my cauliflower made it's way to my sister-in-laws plate.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Rex Kramer » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:06 am

Tinzilnad wrote:I ate far too much. We had veggie pigs in blankets which tasted amazing. The pastry has a filling of spinach, blue cheese and chestnuts. We had parsnips, sprouts, carrots, roasted and mashed tatos, yorkshires and stuffing and broccoli (which is hidden under a mountain of food in the below).

Image

After also having a veggie Christmas dinner, I've got say this looks amazing. We always have a mushroom wellington from a recipe from the Crank's bible. Do it every year and its fantastic. Forgot to take a photo though.

Also, this year was my first experimentation with polenta sprinkled on roast spuds. Results were incredible, will do again.

User avatar
ignition
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by ignition » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:43 am

I was very proud of my first Xmas dinner attempt, but Imgur won't upload any pictures from my phone :( Is there an alternate service I could try instead?

Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by aayl1 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:46 am

ignition wrote:I was very proud of my first Xmas dinner attempt, but Imgur won't upload any pictures from my phone :( Is there an alternate service I could try instead?


Go to the desktop site on your phone. In chrome click the 3 dots then "desktop site" check box.

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Knoyleo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:53 am

Late to the party, but here was mine.
Image

Looks like everyone had a delicious meal! :toot:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Moggy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:07 am

twitter.com/ftblJasper/status/1342460025487446016


Image
User avatar
ignition
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by ignition » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:22 am

awaayl1 in a manger wrote:Go to the desktop site on your phone. In chrome click the 3 dots then "desktop site" check box.


Thanks, let's see if this works...

I recently got a pressure cooker so decided to try it out on a lovely shoulder of lamb yesterday. What would've been 7-8 hours slow roasting in the oven was just over 2 hours in the pressure cooker. I've never had lamb so delicate and the rich gravy made from the juices just brought everything together so perfectly.

Served with double roasted potatoes, cauliflower cheese, pigs in blankets, stuffing, honey roasted carrots and parsnips, and sprouts. An absolute beauty of a roast :toot:


Image

Image

Image

Last edited by ignition on Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Moggy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:26 am

ignition wrote:
awaayl1 in a manger wrote:Go to the desktop site on your phone. In chrome click the 3 dots then "desktop site" check box.


Thanks, let's see if this works...

I recently got a pressure cooker so decided to try it out on a lovely shoulder of lamb yesterday. What would've been 7-8 hours slow roasting in the oven was just over 2 hours in the pressure cooker. I've never had lamb so delicate and the rich gravy made from the juices just brought everything together so perfectly.

Served with double roasted potatoes, cauliflower cheese, pigs in blankets, stuffing, honey roasted carrots and parsnips, and sprouts. An absolute beauty of a roast :toot:

Image

EDIT: It didn't work :x What am I doing wrong?


Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
ignition
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by ignition » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:28 am

Aha! Thanks :wub:

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Zilnad » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:30 am

Rex Krampus wrote:
Tinzilnad wrote:I ate far too much. We had veggie pigs in blankets which tasted amazing. The pastry has a filling of spinach, blue cheese and chestnuts. We had parsnips, sprouts, carrots, roasted and mashed tatos, yorkshires and stuffing and broccoli (which is hidden under a mountain of food in the below).

Image

After also having a veggie Christmas dinner, I've got say this looks amazing. We always have a mushroom wellington from a recipe from the Crank's bible. Do it every year and its fantastic. Forgot to take a photo though.

Also, this year was my first experimentation with polenta sprinkled on roast spuds. Results were incredible, will do again.


Thank you, it tasted great thanks and we have some of the pie left over for today. :msgreen: Would've been good to have seen a picture of your dinner, mushroom wellington sounds lovely.

I've got a bit of a food hangover this morning though. Definitely over indulged.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Somebody Else's Presents » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:03 am

Tinzilnad wrote:Nobody had cauliflower then?


I did, but there was a lot of food on top of it.

Image
User avatar
Red
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Pons Aelius

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Red » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:18 am

Our Asda turkey was rotten on the inside but fortunately we had so much other food it didn't really matter. Will be doing some strong complaining when the store reopens tomorrow though.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Victor Mildew » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 pm

some fine food in here.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Robbo-92 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Image

Just realised I was yet to post our dinner :toot:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Victor Mildew » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:51 pm

Having the leftover meats cold today, with some pate and biscuits, but also having some hot freshly made pigs in blankets.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by <]:^D » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:54 pm

i didnt take a pic but my dad knocked it out the park as usual:

turkey, sausage meat stuffing inside, sage and onion outside, roast potatoes, chestnut and lardon sprouts, honey roasted parsnips/carrots, cranberry sauce, gravy, mini pigs-in-blankets :datass:

i think i had 3 plates :lol:

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade Christmas dinner competition
by Knoyleo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Just turned the leftover sprouts, carrots, and potatoes, into delicious bubble and squeak. :msgreen:

Image


Return to “Stuff”