GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Mafro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:13 pm

JChalmers wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:I've chucked you a follow mate! Love the concept of chat controlling the team, I'll definitely tune in to some of your Pokemon stuff.


Cheers man, yeah i fancied doing something different, although last night they almost wiped me trying to catch an overlevelled Pikachu and then spent the rest of the time hatching eggs that the stream was gifting me.

Tonight is all about getting a set team sorted and playing through.


Mafro wrote:What mics do people use? Been looking at the Snowball and Yeti Nano.


I've got a Blue Yeti, i like it for the time being, although I've had to add some gain filters on because no matter how I spoke it was too quiet originally over the game sounds

The normal Yeti or the Nano?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
RJ Badman
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by RJ Badman » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Here is Richard Herring talking through a regular Blue Yeti for reference.


Opinions expressed in this post are those of RJ Badman and do not reflect the views of Bovril Fluid Beef Ltd.
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Mafro wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Mafro wrote:What mics do people use? Been looking at the Snowball and Yeti Nano.


I use a Yeti, but even with that I have various settings on OBS. There's various tutorials on YouTube to get shitty mics sounding good.

Is that just the normal Yeti? The price difference on Amazon between the Nano and that is only £20 but it seems like quite a big jump in terms of hardware and features.


I got the normal Yeti. Wish I had gone for the pro one though. Only because it was slightly more expensive but came with a game :lol:

Image
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by JChalmers » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Mafro wrote:
JChalmers wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:I've chucked you a follow mate! Love the concept of chat controlling the team, I'll definitely tune in to some of your Pokemon stuff.


Cheers man, yeah i fancied doing something different, although last night they almost wiped me trying to catch an overlevelled Pikachu and then spent the rest of the time hatching eggs that the stream was gifting me.

Tonight is all about getting a set team sorted and playing through.


Mafro wrote:What mics do people use? Been looking at the Snowball and Yeti Nano.


I've got a Blue Yeti, i like it for the time being, although I've had to add some gain filters on because no matter how I spoke it was too quiet originally over the game sounds

The normal Yeti or the Nano?


I’ve got a normal yeti. Don’t think the nano was out when I got mine.

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:28 pm

I am live with some Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the new one) if you want to join me on my first stream.

twitch.tv/darkrula

Will probably only be on for two or three more matches, but come on by.

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:52 pm

That went well, I guess. I only managed 40 minutes, so I know for a fact that I'll need my charger for this laptop should i want to do longer than that. Still need to watch it back and see just how good the quality of it was, though. Should be fun.

Edit: Except I can't watch it back as there's nothing there.

Image
Image
User avatar
RJ Badman
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by RJ Badman » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:12 pm


Opinions expressed in this post are those of RJ Badman and do not reflect the views of Bovril Fluid Beef Ltd.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:11 am

Must have taken an hour or two for it to appear, but at least I can watch it back.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:19 am

Was hoping to finish Resi 7 in Madhouse today but it’s going to be tomorrow now, sadly. Might do a quick run through of REMake if there’s time, too.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:39 am

DarkRula wrote:Must have taken an hour or two for it to appear, but at least I can watch it back.


VoDs of your streams should be there instantly, you can even watch them.while you are live.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:55 am

I had checked twice on mobile, but nothing was there. Might have just been the mobile version of the site acting up or something.

I have learnt a bit just from that one stream. Like if I want people to hear my voice, I should probably lower the game audio. Nothing can really be done about the quality of the streams, owing to the way Hauppauge capture devices deal with settings, but at least it remained consistent (aside from the beginning where I'd forgot to align the video correctly).

Image
Image
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by JChalmers » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:01 pm

DarkRula wrote:I had checked twice on mobile, but nothing was there. Might have just been the mobile version of the site acting up or something.

I have learnt a bit just from that one stream. Like if I want people to hear my voice, I should probably lower the game audio. Nothing can really be done about the quality of the streams, owing to the way Hauppauge capture devices deal with settings, but at least it remained consistent (aside from the beginning where I'd forgot to align the video correctly).


Gave you a follow mate and watched the first video, looked good but yeah couldn't hear your voice unfortunately. I found that out after a few streams my game audio is now like 40% and then my mic is boosted above 100% still working out the perfect settings for it though.

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:17 pm

JChalmers wrote:
DarkRula wrote:I had checked twice on mobile, but nothing was there. Might have just been the mobile version of the site acting up or something.

I have learnt a bit just from that one stream. Like if I want people to hear my voice, I should probably lower the game audio. Nothing can really be done about the quality of the streams, owing to the way Hauppauge capture devices deal with settings, but at least it remained consistent (aside from the beginning where I'd forgot to align the video correctly).


Gave you a follow mate and watched the first video, looked good but yeah couldn't hear your voice unfortunately. I found that out after a few streams my game audio is now like 40% and then my mic is boosted above 100% still working out the perfect settings for it though.


This, essentially. Pedz gave me the great advice of doing a quick minute recording before you start the stream to check that your audio is working OK. Unfortunately I forgot to do that yesterday and spent a full half an hour talking only to the cat. The stream itself was good though, seemed to run absolutely fine, and the content is good! I've chucked you a follow. :D

I'm hoping to get a wee 3pm-5pm stream of something in later, but we'll see what it will be. Also trying to sort out a schedule for streaming over the next couple of weeks, and then get all the other technical stuff you need in streams set up over the weekend.

EDIT: Decided to try and finish Resi 7. We're doing this, this afternoon.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Thanks for the follows and advice, guys.

I doubt the next few streams will go beyond fifty minutes, since I don't want to be hauling the charger and the laptop upstairs every time. I will be getting a secondary charger to stay upstairs soon so that I can go for longer, but for now the shorter streams means I can get into the swing of things.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:01 pm

That's a good shout I think mate, take a bit of time to get everything how you want it and don't worry about shorter streams.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Time for a second round of streaming, then. This time on GTA Online. Come watch if you want to see me tackle some Transformed Races.

https://www.twitch.tv/darkrula

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:50 am

Just realised you can block mentions of specific words and phrases, so have added every different variation of "Rangers FC" and "Burnley FC" I can think of. :slol:

Only joking. Or am I?

Anyway, I'm going to try out another ALTTP randomiser at 12:30, so pop in if you feel like a bit of a laugh, or if you think I could use some assistance. I definitely could.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:37 pm

Forgot to post here about it, but I was playing Splatoon 2 earlier on stream. My microphone was set too low within the system settings, which is why it wasn't coming through on the last two videos. While it's still only the internal mic of the laptop, you can at least hear me on the stream a lot better now.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:46 pm

I got my baws booted on stream last night for staying up till 1am playing Broforce, with all the associated explosions and shouting that came with it. I haven’t watched the video back but I’ve no idea if it came through the mic or not, was proper fire and brimstone stuff from the wife. :slol: :wub:

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Drumstick » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:46 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:I got my baws booted on stream last night for staying up till 1am playing Broforce, with all the associated explosions and shouting that came with it. I haven’t watched the video back but I’ve no idea if it came through the mic or not, was proper fire and brimstone stuff from the wife. :slol: :wub:

:lol:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, CitizenErased, Cuttooth, Finiarél, Finish.Last, Frank, Garth, Joer, KjGarly, Mafro, more heat than light, PuppetBoy, Xeno, Yoshimi, Zaichik and 129 guests