GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Karl_ wrote:I suspect it won't be a long or particularly entertaining stream ( :lol: :dread: ), but I am about to test out how well OBS works on my new laptop / connection, mostly just out of curiosity to see if I can do it! I'll be in the header, say hi if you drop in. (The game will hypothetically be Dark Souls 1 but it depends how many technical difficulties there are :slol: )

(EDiT: Oh no, sorry Devlin, I was trying to time this so it didn't interfere with anyone else's schedule. Well, I've kind of committed now so I'll still test it out but I think anyone looking for a serious stream should watch Devlin instead!)


I'll pop in and see how you're doing Karl! Gonna be flitting between you and Devlin for a bit. Chucked you a wee follow as well as I wasn't already, sorry!

Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by jawa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Karl_ wrote:I suspect it won't be a long or particularly entertaining stream ( :lol: :dread: ), but I am about to test out how well OBS works on my new laptop / connection, mostly just out of curiosity to see if I can do it! I'll be in the header, say hi if you drop in. (The game will hypothetically be Dark Souls 1 but it depends how many technical difficulties there are :slol: )

(EDiT: Oh no, sorry Devlin, I was trying to time this so it didn't interfere with anyone else's schedule. Well, I've kind of committed now so I'll still test it out but I think anyone looking for a serious stream should watch Devlin instead!)


Karl's stream - click to view!
:toot: .

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Karl_ wrote:I suspect it won't be a long or particularly entertaining stream ( :lol: :dread: ), but I am about to test out how well OBS works on my new laptop / connection, mostly just out of curiosity to see if I can do it! I'll be in the header, say hi if you drop in. (The game will hypothetically be Dark Souls 1 but it depends how many technical difficulties there are :slol: )

(EDiT: Oh no, sorry Devlin, I was trying to time this so it didn't interfere with anyone else's schedule. Well, I've kind of committed now so I'll still test it out but I think anyone looking for a serious stream should watch Devlin instead!)

:slol:

Ah don't worry about overlap. There's too many of us streaming now that chances are you'll overlap with someone. :D

But yeah, stream looked great. Not sure if you saw in chat, but I'd be interested to see your stream settings (Bitrate, encoder etc) as it was stupidly sharp. None of the blockiness I seem to get on mine from time to time.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Yeah it was really good.

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Karl_ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:55 pm

I'm chuffed and surprised(!) to hear it worked so well! We had a bit of a hiccup at the start but after that it seemed to be pretty stable. It was really fun to potter about in the game and chat with everyone while doing it - I'm not sure when but I'd definitely like to return to the playthrough and stream a bit more at some point!

Cheeky Devlin wrote:But yeah, stream looked great. Not sure if you saw in chat, but I'd be interested to see your stream settings (Bitrate, encoder etc) as it was stupidly sharp. None of the blockiness I seem to get on mine from time to time.

Sure Devlin, I let it auto-configure and it gave me these settings - I'll put my specs and speedtest too as I recall you said you were interested in that!
Laptop specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 10750H, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: nVidia RTX 2060.

Google speedtest results:
210.4 Mbps download, 20.3 Mbps upload, Latency: 8 ms, Server: London. I have it connected up via Ethernet, I think that helps.

OBS settings:
Video bitrate: 6000 Kbps, Encoder: Hardware (NVENC), Audio bitrate: 160. I checked "Advanced" and it reckons the encoder is set to the "Quality" preset. Both the Canvas and Scaled resolutions are set to 1920x1080 @ 60 fps.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Anyone want to buy me parts to upgrade my PC so I can make my stream nicer?

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Going live on Rock Band 4 in about ten minutes to celebrate 100 followers, just as soon as my camera sorts its gooseberry fool out and I recover from how crap football is!

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Karl_ wrote:I'm chuffed and surprised(!) to hear it worked so well! We had a bit of a hiccup at the start but after that it seemed to be pretty stable. It was really fun to potter about in the game and chat with everyone while doing it - I'm not sure when but I'd definitely like to return to the playthrough and stream a bit more at some point!

Cheeky Devlin wrote:But yeah, stream looked great. Not sure if you saw in chat, but I'd be interested to see your stream settings (Bitrate, encoder etc) as it was stupidly sharp. None of the blockiness I seem to get on mine from time to time.

Sure Devlin, I let it auto-configure and it gave me these settings - I'll put my specs and speedtest too as I recall you said you were interested in that!
Laptop specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 10750H, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: nVidia RTX 2060.

Google speedtest results:
210.4 Mbps download, 20.3 Mbps upload, Latency: 8 ms, Server: London. I have it connected up via Ethernet, I think that helps.

OBS settings:
Video bitrate: 6000 Kbps, Encoder: Hardware (NVENC), Audio bitrate: 160. I checked "Advanced" and it reckons the encoder is set to the "Quality" preset. Both the Canvas and Scaled resolutions are set to 1920x1080 @ 60 fps.

Cheers for that. Might tweak a few settings on mine and see what I can get from it.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Lagamorph » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Hopefully going to try and stream a bit more Final Fantasy VIII tomorrow afternoon. Haven't streamed it for a little bit and I was really enjoying getting back into it.

Think my laptop processor (i7-6700HQ) struggles a little bit with the transitions in my OBS overlay though. When I've got it all running OBS is taking up around 60-80% of my CPU now :slol:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 pm

I should probably check my settings and how much action the CPU is seeing. Maybe try to bump a few things higher if I can.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 am

I had my RB4 audio muted within an hour of finishing my stream last night by the way folks - just watch out if you're streaming anything with licensed music. Looks like I'll need to retire that particular game which sucks hard because I really enjoy playing it, and people seem to like getting involved with them. The music industry are making a real bastard of moving into modern times.

EDIT: Weirdly it's only four specific songs they've muted me for - Modest Mouse, Seether, REM and Four Non-Blondes. Will need to check which record label owns their music and avoid other bands from that stable perhaps.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:11 pm

It's a definite minefield now the DMCA are stalking Twitch. As long as you don't get forced off the air, though, I say it's fine. The VoD is pretty much useless for archival purposes, though. My stream of DiRT 5 had some audio muted for one song since the game doesn't recognise that the music is meant to be turned off when on the title screen. But title screen on the starting soon segment is nothing compared to entire songs from a playthrough being muted, which makes things like Just Dance and Rock Band difficult to archive or even clip while live for fear of muted audio.

Image
Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Lagamorph » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:I had my RB4 audio muted within an hour of finishing my stream last night by the way folks - just watch out if you're streaming anything with licensed music. Looks like I'll need to retire that particular game which sucks hard because I really enjoy playing it, and people seem to like getting involved with them. The music industry are making a real bastard of moving into modern times.

EDIT: Weirdly it's only four specific songs they've muted me for - Modest Mouse, Seether, REM and Four Non-Blondes. Will need to check which record label owns their music and avoid other bands from that stable perhaps.


Oof, that sucks man. The music industry really is resistant to any kind of progression, look how long it took them to actually embrace the idea of digital distribution.
Hopefully game studios will eventually work things like streaming purposes into the licensing deals.

I guess the other alternative is basically deleting the archived video the moment the stream is done to avoid DMCA claims.


Going to try and stream a bit more Final Fantasy 8 this afternoon.

Last edited by Lagamorph on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:27 pm

I hate it when VODs get muted. I had it with Lego Batman, Tales of Vesperia, quite a lot of games tbh. I like to export my VoDs as well, and it totally strawberry floats things. I have yet to go back to Vesperia or Batman due to the muting issue. Things can get muted fast too. I normally export the VoDs as soon as I finish now, even a ten-minute delay can result in muting.

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Karl_ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:31 pm

I caught a few songs from your stream Cora - I thoroughly enjoyed your Linkin Park! So depressing! :lol: :wub:

It's a shame that you have to be so careful with music-based streams. I think a lot of vtubers who do karaoke streams have to set it to not archived and disallow clips, which is obviously pretty annoying for them.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 pm

Karl_ wrote:I caught a few songs from your stream Cora - I thoroughly enjoyed your Linkin Park! So depressing! :lol: :wub:

It's a shame that you have to be so careful with music-based streams. I think a lot of vtubers who do karaoke streams have to set it to not archived and disallow clips, which is obviously pretty annoying for them.


The Christmas theme did not extend to the tunes we were singing! :lol:

Think I'll do a Twitch Sings stream next week to get the audience a bit more involved in the music, it's a damn shame they're removing it.

For now, though, I'm about to start a wee afternoon stream of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. No randomisers, just going through the game vanilla to see if we can get it done in one go! www.twitch.tv/retrocora :)

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Mafro » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:22 pm

About to stream some Demon's Souls. I've been pissing about with the bitrate to see if I can stream at 60fps so I hope it works https://www.twitch.tv/mafroafro

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Lagamorph » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Karl_ wrote:I caught a few songs from your stream Cora - I thoroughly enjoyed your Linkin Park! So depressing! :lol: :wub:

It's a shame that you have to be so careful with music-based streams. I think a lot of vtubers who do karaoke streams have to set it to not archived and disallow clips, which is obviously pretty annoying for them.


The Christmas theme did not extend to the tunes we were singing! :lol:

Think I'll do a Twitch Sings stream next week to get the audience a bit more involved in the music, it's a damn shame they're removing it.

For now, though, I'm about to start a wee afternoon stream of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. No randomisers, just going through the game vanilla to see if we can get it done in one go! http://www.twitch.tv/retrocora :)

I'd absolutely be up for another Twitch Sings session. I need to start working on my request list :slol:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Trying the stream thing again. Www.twitch.tv/retrocora

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by DarkRula » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Pedz wrote:I normally export the VoDs as soon as I finish now, even a ten-minute delay can result in muting.


I should probably remember to do this so that the only muted audio on my archive channel is stuff that I've done.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Balladeer, Edd, Godzilla, ITSMILNER, kerr9000, Mafro, Memento Mori, Saint of Killers, TonyDA, Trelliz, wensleydale, Zilnad and 92 guests