GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Mafro » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:52 am

Jenuall wrote:Are they not all just forks of the same core bit of software?

Either great to have another GR streamer, I'll chuck you a follow as well! :D

OBS is open source. Streamlabs OBS is OBS with a shitload of unnecessary bloat added to it (the install size is over twice the size of OBS) which means more CPU usage. You can just use browser sources via the Streamlabs website to get a lot of the features in SLOBS.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by aayl1 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:57 am

Mafro wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Are they not all just forks of the same core bit of software?

Either great to have another GR streamer, I'll chuck you a follow as well! :D

OBS is open source. Streamlabs OBS is OBS with a shitload of unnecessary bloat added to it (the install size is over twice the size of OBS) which means more CPU usage. You can just use browser sources via the Streamlabs website to get a lot of the features in SLOBS.


Its also much more "streamlined" and "user friendly" so naturally it is the complete opposite of both of those things. Used it for a couple of streams and it was really difficult to find features behind its "web app" design.

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Jenuall » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 pm

aayl1 wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Are they not all just forks of the same core bit of software?

Either great to have another GR streamer, I'll chuck you a follow as well! :D

OBS is open source. Streamlabs OBS is OBS with a shitload of unnecessary bloat added to it (the install size is over twice the size of OBS) which means more CPU usage. You can just use browser sources via the Streamlabs website to get a lot of the features in SLOBS.


Its also much more "streamlined" and "user friendly" so naturally it is the complete opposite of both of those things. Used it for a couple of streams and it was really difficult to find features behind its "web app" design.

I've used both and can't say I've really had much issue with SLOBS, but then I'm far from an advanced user and don't really stream often enough to be in a position to pick up on any problems

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:37 pm

aayl1 wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Are they not all just forks of the same core bit of software?

Either great to have another GR streamer, I'll chuck you a follow as well! :D

OBS is open source. Streamlabs OBS is OBS with a shitload of unnecessary bloat added to it (the install size is over twice the size of OBS) which means more CPU usage. You can just use browser sources via the Streamlabs website to get a lot of the features in SLOBS.


Its also much more "streamlined" and "user friendly" so naturally it is the complete opposite of both of those things. Used it for a couple of streams and it was really difficult to find features behind its "web app" design.


I think it has things like chatbot and gooseberry fool built in so while it uses more resources than OBS it's meant to use less resources than having OBS on and chatbot open and other gooseberry fool open.

Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by aayl1 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:31 pm

My missus wants to stream some Nancy Drew so I'll be doing that with her this Saturday afternoon I think.

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by aayl1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:42 pm

Playing Dark Souls 3 on the GRcadeUK channel! Come watch x x

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:07 am

Tonight Mafro and I should he playing Destiny 2. If it goes ahead I will be streaming on GRcade's channel.

Image
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by LewisD » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:50 am

aayl1 wrote:Playing Dark Souls 3 on the GRcadeUK channel! Come watch x x


I did try and join back in when I got back from the shopping, but my Twitch app wasn't having it.
The missus was downloading the entire Poirot Boxset at the time.. :slol: :fp:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:32 am

LewisD wrote:
aayl1 wrote:Playing Dark Souls 3 on the GRcadeUK channel! Come watch x x


I did try and join back in when I got back from the shopping, but my Twitch app wasn't having it.
The missus was downloading the entire Poirot Boxset at the time.. :slol: :fp:

Image

Only managed to catch a bit of the DS3 stream last night but sounds like you made some great progress, the big tree is a fun boss!

User avatar
plasticcoated
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by plasticcoated » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Might try and stream some Mario 64 later tonight on Switch.

:msgreen:
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Karl_ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:38 pm

plasticcoated wrote:Might try and stream some Mario 64 later tonight on Switch.

Let me know your Twitch name and I'll make sure you're in the banner up top :)

User avatar
plasticcoated
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by plasticcoated » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Karl_ wrote:
plasticcoated wrote:Might try and stream some Mario 64 later tonight on Switch.

Let me know your Twitch name and I'll make sure you're in the banner up top :)


twitch.tv/plasticcoated117

:msgreen:

Not done ANYTHING on there yet. Did some test streams via the Xbox app of some Halo which I deleted but are still on there somewhere.
But its a lockdown work in progress.

:msgreen:
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:00 pm

Followed!

I'm hoping to stream something later on as well, but I don't know what that'll be yet.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Ditching the Mario series playthrough. Just wasn't enjoying it and it always felt like a chore to get on with them. I might go back to it at some point, but for now I'm gonna do all the Metroid games!

Starting with Zero Mission, NOW!

www.twitch.tv/cheekydevlin

User avatar
plasticcoated
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by plasticcoated » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Ditching the Mario series playthrough. Just wasn't enjoying it and it always felt like a chore to get on with them. I might go back to it at some point, but for now I'm gonna do all the Metroid games!

Starting with Zero Mission, NOW!

http://www.twitch.tv/cheekydevlin


I had this crazy idea to work through all the mainline Marios on Switch and stream it all but do it as a non-stop 24 hour thing for charity. Sacked it off as I like to sleep.

:msgreen:
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Karl_ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:05 pm

^^^ Plasticcoated is live at https://www.twitch.tv/plasticcoated117. On Tick Tock Clock at the moment!

User avatar
plasticcoated
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by plasticcoated » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:21 pm

Karl_ wrote:^^^ Plasticcoated is live at https://www.twitch.tv/plasticcoated117. On Tick Tock Clock at the moment!


Man, that was frustrating and almost embarrassing... 42 minutes to claim one Star... :fp:

:msgreen:
User avatar
plasticcoated
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by plasticcoated » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Okay, Kind of embarrassing. Streamed some, not a lot, of Monster Hunter World via Xbox and turns out... well I'll tell you:
Back at the beginning of lockdown when i signed up to Twitch i was just gonna streamXbox stuff and just use Kinect as the camera feed yeah?
Only it wouldn't work no matter what, googled it turns out Twitch like MS themselves dropped Kinect support. So I got a cheap USB webcam as an alternative.
Anyway, just done some Monster Hunter World... and turns out Kinect support has been put back in so there I am bed hair, unshaven looking gormless not speaking in the last stream! Only noticed on the Stream Manager at the end on my phone... t'is why I cut the stream.

:msgreen:
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Mafro » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:10 pm

Playing Destiny 2 with Pedz https://www.twitch.tv/grcadeuk

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by aayl1 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:38 pm

plasticcoated wrote:
Karl_ wrote:^^^ Plasticcoated is live at https://www.twitch.tv/plasticcoated117. On Tick Tock Clock at the moment!


Man, that was frustrating and almost embarrassing... 42 minutes to claim one Star... :fp:


Sorry I missed this but I have given you a follow!

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deathofcows and 131 guests