GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Karl_ » Mon May 13, 2019 11:14 am

46 is proper good! Well done mate! :o

Gemini73

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Gemini73 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:41 am

The Watching Artist wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
jawafour wrote:Welcome to our new streamers, Karl and Gemini!

It's cool to see other folk trying it out. I wasn't around to join yesterday but I'll try to pop in to your future streams! How did you find the experience?


Myself and two friends were playing SWBF 2 last night. Had 46 watchers at one point. This time next year I'll be a millionaire! :lol:

wow

feck off :x
:(

;)

seriously you bastard


I don't why they were watching, maybe because I'm so bad at the game? :lol:

Two of my friends (brothers) were on my team and both are far better than myself. One had an 81 kill streak with Anakin. :shock:

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by jawafour » Mon May 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Myself and two friends were playing SWBF 2 last night. Had 46 watchers at one point...

Wow, 46 viewers seems incredibly good for a first-ever stream :shock: . Confirmed: People want to watch Battlefront more than PES and Dark Souls :lol: .

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Jenuall » Mon May 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Good job Gemini!

I've been tempted to try a bit of streaming myself but have not manged to find the time to look into setting it up yet. Just having a look at some of that OBS stuff posted on the last page and it sounds both simple and yet confusing at the same time! :lol:

Whilst I'd like to stream some Switch stuff as well I'm presuming a fairly convoluted setup is required to get that working as it doesn't support it natively?

ImageImage
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by The Watching Artist » Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
jawafour wrote:Welcome to our new streamers, Karl and Gemini!

It's cool to see other folk trying it out. I wasn't around to join yesterday but I'll try to pop in to your future streams! How did you find the experience?


Myself and two friends were playing SWBF 2 last night. Had 46 watchers at one point. This time next year I'll be a millionaire! :lol:

wow

feck off :x
:(

;)

seriously you bastard


I don't why they were watching, maybe because I'm so bad at the game? :lol:

Two of my friends (brothers) were on my team and both are far better than myself. One had an 81 kill streak with Anakin. :shock:

I dunno but Jawa is playing games and he hasn't got that many viewers. Thats more viewers then I have followers. Then I will ever have followers. :lol: Have a look at the info for the stream it should give you a break down of how they joined it.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Mafro » Mon May 13, 2019 3:06 pm

btw Jawa sounds like a proper wheeler dealer from Only Fools & Horses or something.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by jawafour » Mon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Mafro wrote:btw Jawa sounds like a proper wheeler dealer from Only Fools & Horses or something.

Saff Eest Lundn 8-) .

Gemini73

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Gemini73 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:16 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
jawafour wrote:Welcome to our new streamers, Karl and Gemini!

It's cool to see other folk trying it out. I wasn't around to join yesterday but I'll try to pop in to your future streams! How did you find the experience?


Myself and two friends were playing SWBF 2 last night. Had 46 watchers at one point. This time next year I'll be a millionaire! :lol:

wow

feck off :x
:(

;)

seriously you bastard


I don't why they were watching, maybe because I'm so bad at the game? :lol:

Two of my friends (brothers) were on my team and both are far better than myself. One had an 81 kill streak with Anakin. :shock:

I dunno but Jawa is playing games and he hasn't got that many viewers. Thats more viewers then I have followers. Then I will ever have followers. :lol: Have a look at the info for the stream it should give you a break down of how they joined it.


Can't see a tab or whatnot for that, plus the site is janky as hell on my mobile

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by jawafour » Mon May 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Image

Matt (TWA) demanded that I play Dark Souls right now. And so I am! You're welcome to join me by just clicking the blue banner!

Gemini73

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Gemini73 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:19 pm

jawafour wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Myself and two friends were playing SWBF 2 last night. Had 46 watchers at one point...

Wow, 46 viewers seems incredibly good for a first-ever stream :shock: . Confirmed: People want to watch Battlefront more than PES and Dark Souls :lol: .


Will probably stream God of War this evening.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Mon May 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Jenuall wrote:Good job Gemini!

I've been tempted to try a bit of streaming myself but have not manged to find the time to look into setting it up yet. Just having a look at some of that OBS stuff posted on the last page and it sounds both simple and yet confusing at the same time! :lol:

Whilst I'd like to stream some Switch stuff as well I'm presuming a fairly convoluted setup is required to get that working as it doesn't support it natively?


A Capture card is needed. Easy enough to set up if you get one. OBS is simple enough if you just want to start. There's OBS Studio, OBS Classic is outdated to feck and then there's SLOBS (streamlabs OBS) Both are very good.

ImageImage
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Jenuall » Mon May 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Good job Gemini!

I've been tempted to try a bit of streaming myself but have not manged to find the time to look into setting it up yet. Just having a look at some of that OBS stuff posted on the last page and it sounds both simple and yet confusing at the same time! :lol:

Whilst I'd like to stream some Switch stuff as well I'm presuming a fairly convoluted setup is required to get that working as it doesn't support it natively?


A Capture card is needed. Easy enough to set up if you get one. OBS is simple enough if you just want to start. There's OBS Studio, OBS Classic is outdated to feck and then there's SLOBS (streamlabs OBS) Both are very good.

Cool, thanks for the info Pedz. Going to have a look at setting some stuff up tonight if I get a chance!

ImageImage
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Mon May 13, 2019 3:29 pm

ANd, yeah 46 viewers for a first stream is great. I don't think I've hit that high in a long while think I average around 2.

Well done. How'd you find it, did you enjoy it? Did viewers chat, and did you interact with them? I'm wondering how you found your first stream. It's can be daunting the first time, ya know?

ImageImage
Gemini73

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Gemini73 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Pedz wrote:ANd, yeah 46 viewers for a first stream is great. I don't think I've hit that high in a long while think I average around 2.

Well done. How'd you find it, did you enjoy it? Did viewers chat, and did you interact with them? I'm wondering how you found your first stream. It's can be daunting the first time, ya know?


I'm sure Star Wars had a part to play. Or maybe it was my Gloucestershire accent? It's quite sexy. :slol:

It was fun I guess. I didn't interact with anyone other than my team mates on this occasion, but with single player games I will try talking more. I'm not going to bother with a cam as my set up wouldn't accommodate it very well.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Pedz » Mon May 13, 2019 4:01 pm

I don't think any of us from GRcade bar Devlin and Kriken use a cam.

Glad you had fun, anyway. That's the main thing.

ImageImage
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Jenuall » Mon May 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Stuck Streamlabs on my machine and it linked into my Twitch account fine but there doesn't seem to be much of a way of explanation for anything within the app itself! Going to see if there is a getting started section on their website! :lol:

ImageImage
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Jezo » Mon May 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Been ill for a week but ya boi is BACK. Open arena viewer battles - Recap on Wavesmash tournament over the weekend - let's go~ https://twitch.tv/Smash_Jezo

User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Lime » Mon May 13, 2019 8:13 pm

jawafour wrote:Image

Matt (TWA) demanded that I play Dark Souls right now. And so I am! You're welcome to join me by just clicking the blue banner!


Ah crap, I missed this! I was out. :(

Did you get past the hog?

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by jawafour » Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Lime wrote:...Did you get past the hog?


I did, Lime... I got quite a bit* further :toot: . The vid is avail for 14 days... jump to the one-hour point to see me being surprised and delighted by where I ended up!

* Well, a little bit.

Gemini73

PostRe: GRcade Game Streamers - join the action!
by Gemini73 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:04 pm

I'm now streaming CoD MW multi-player. Time to get my ass kicked! :slol:

60 people watching me! :shock:


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, BAKA, chanticleer, Garth, Hound, IAmTheSaladMan, Johnny Jalfrezi, Monkey Man, Rubix, suzzopher, Tafdolphin, That's not a growth and 52 guests