The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Zilnad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 am

Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:The Lord bit in today's episode had me laughing so much during my commute I was genuinely worried I was going to have to pull over to compose myself.

Really hyped for the movie now.


I'm sure you would anyway, but make sure you stick around for the Q&A. There were some classic real life Barry moments that happened there.


Oh of course I will. I won't ask any questions but I won't be missing seeing them live.

Question, does the movie start at the time printed on the ticket or is there a bit of an introduction? Either way, I should be alright, if traffic is fine I should be there half an hour beforehand.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 am

It was supposed to start at 8.30 but Barry came on to say there was a 15 minute delay (Ian heckled him for it so I suspect he put him up to it). I think they came on for about 5 minutes at most to introduce it and then it was straight to it. Q&A was about half an hour afterwards, then they set up the merch table at the front, and Ian was saying to Barry that they should have done this before the show - so there's a chance you may miss that if they decide to do it before this time.

They'd said before they didn't have any t-shirts, then someone on Twitter had pointed Barry towards an Asda on the way, and he actually went there and bought 6 blank t-shirts to make, then sold them :lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Zilnad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 am

Oh I didn't realise there'd be merch. Cash only, I'm assuming?

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 am

Yeah cash only. I think they had posters for £10, storyboard thing for £10, t-shirt for £20. Not much else.

If you're after something send Barry a message on Twitter and he'll probably make it for you :lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Zilnad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 am

I might buy a storyboard then just to give them a little something back. I'd be happier with a mug though so that's a shame. I won't message Barry to make one as I'd feel guilty for making demands of him.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 am

Zilnad wrote:Do you have a picture of the story board thing? I'd probably buy a mug but not much else so that's a shame. I won't message Barry to make one though as I'd feel guilty for making demands of him.


Yes it's on the previous page. As others have said it was supposed to have Bristol written on it, so it would have been more personal.



Its only an A5 bit of paper really, nothing amazing but I bought it more to give them a bit more money for the night.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Frank » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 am

Sorry Ad.

Ian posted the video of him heckling Barry on his patreon the other day, too :lol: Whereabouts were you sitting?

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 am

Frank wrote:Sorry Ad.

Ian posted the video of him heckling Barry on his patreon the other day, too :lol: Whereabouts were you sitting?


Oh no :dread: :lol: Right in front of Barry in the front row. You'll recognise my bald monk of pontefract haircut, grey top and my blonde Mrs to my left.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Moggy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Frank wrote:Sorry Ad.

Ian posted the video of him heckling Barry on his patreon the other day, too :lol: Whereabouts were you sitting?


Oh no :dread: :lol: Right in front of Barry in the front row. You'll recognise my bald monk of pontefract haircut, grey top and my blonde Mrs to my left.


Worst “I'm married to a hot blonde” post ever.

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Lex-Man » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:26 pm

By the way would anyone want to come to the London showing on the 18th?

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by rinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:It was supposed to start at 8.30 but Barry came on to say there was a 15 minute delay (Ian heckled him for it so I suspect he put him up to it). I think they came on for about 5 minutes at most to introduce it and then it was straight to it. Q&A was about half an hour afterwards, then they set up the merch table at the front, and Ian was saying to Barry that they should have done this before the show - so there's a chance you may miss that if they decide to do it before this time.

They'd said before they didn't have any t-shirts, then someone on Twitter had pointed Barry towards an Asda on the way, and he actually went there and bought 6 blank t-shirts to make, then sold them :lol:


The 15-minute delay thing will apparently happen at all Everyman screenings. It’s the time where they’d normally be showing adverts, so in the absence of ads, this movie just starts late.

So be on time at the Birmingham screenings, because there won’t be a delay.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by rinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Do you have a picture of the story board thing? I'd probably buy a mug but not much else so that's a shame. I won't message Barry to make one though as I'd feel guilty for making demands of him.


Yes it's on the previous page. As others have said it was supposed to have Bristol written on it, so it would have been more personal.



Its only an A5 bit of paper really, nothing amazing but I bought it more to give them a bit more money for the night.


The signature and title (and the blank road sign) were added by hand after printing, so it’s got a bit of a personal touch too.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by rinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Frank wrote:Sorry Ad.

Ian posted the video of him heckling Barry on his patreon the other day, too :lol: Whereabouts were you sitting?


Oh no :dread: :lol: Right in front of Barry in the front row. You'll recognise my bald monk of pontefract haircut, grey top and my blonde Mrs to my left.


Image

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:20 pm

rinks wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
Frank wrote:Sorry Ad.

Ian posted the video of him heckling Barry on his patreon the other day, too :lol: Whereabouts were you sitting?


Oh no :dread: :lol: Right in front of Barry in the front row. You'll recognise my bald monk of pontefract haircut, grey top and my blonde Mrs to my left.


Image


:fp: :lol: Yep there we are

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Zilnad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:43 am

Probably too late now but anyone want two tickets to tomorrow night's Birmingham showing as I can't go now? Our IVF treatment has unfortunately clashed with this and, as much as I love Parapod, IVF is more important.

If you want them and can pick them up from Leicester, you can have them for free. I'm a bit gutted :(

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:47 am

Zilnad wrote:Probably too late now but anyone want two tickets to tomorrow night's Birmingham showing as I can't go now? Our IVF treatment has unfortunately clashed with this and, as much as I love Parapod, IVF is more important.

If you want them and can pick them up from Leicester, you can have them for free. I'm a bit gutted :(


Tell them on Twitter and they'll put the message out. Someone will buy them.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Zilnad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:51 am

I've just emailed Barry, cheers.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:53 am

Zilnad wrote:I've just emailed Barry, cheers.


Did you put a curse on him?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Zilnad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:08 am

Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I've just emailed Barry, cheers.


Did you put a curse on him?


No, that's cruel. I wished them both well and thanked them for bringing joy.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The ParaPod: Movie. NEW podcast out now.
by Victor Mildew » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:09 am

Poor Barry. He's got really bad OCD and believes in all that shite so it must have been horrible.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”