GRcade Travel Topic

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Harry Ellis » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:36 am

Rightey wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Just returned from a fortnight in Vancouver and am actively looking to emigrate there.

I hope you have a spare million or two, you'll need it to be able to afford the shoe boxes that pass for homes out there. :dread:

Damn Chinese foreign buyers driving up prices :x

I know right? :slol:

Provided I get a job offer and meet the requirements for permanent residence we would at worst be able to afford a two-bed condo in the Vancouver-Granville riding (our friends over there live in that area).

It was fascinating being over there for the election.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Just about to return home from a wedding in Tuscany. Absolutely beautiful area of the world, some of the views as you drive around are sensational. We managed to come a few days earlier and did day trips to Florence and San Gimignano (small medieval town) which were both great. Stopped in Pisa on way home too which wasn’t such a nice city but the tower was cool to visit I guess.

Highlight was probably a cheese and wine tasting evening :datass:

Would recommend, definitely coming back here at some point.

Image
User avatar
Vermi Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Vermi Claus » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Tomous wrote:Just about to return home from a wedding in Tuscany. Absolutely beautiful area of the world, some of the views as you drive around are sensational. We managed to come a few days earlier and did day trips to Florence and San Gimignano (small medieval town) which were both great. Stopped in Pisa on way home too which wasn’t such a nice city but the tower was cool to visit I guess.

Highlight was probably a cheese and wine tasting evening :datass:

Would recommend, definitely coming back here at some point.


Italy is gorgeous, i haven't seen much of it (Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta), but what i have seen was truly spectacular.

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Saigon Slick » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Rightey wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Just returned from a fortnight in Vancouver and am actively looking to emigrate there.

I hope you have a spare million or two, you'll need it to be able to afford the shoe boxes that pass for homes out there. :dread:

Damn Chinese foreign buyers driving up prices :x

I know right? :slol:

Provided I get a job offer and meet the requirements for permanent residence we would at worst be able to afford a two-bed condo in the Vancouver-Granville riding (our friends over there live in that area).

It was fascinating being over there for the election.


You might be in luck on the visa front - there's talk of a freedom of movement pact between Canada, Australia, NZ and the UK after Brexit. It'll come in too late for my wife sadly, who'll need to apply for ILR in the next three weeks and pay the ludicrous amount of money that entails. :slol:

Image
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Tomous wrote:Just about to return home from a wedding in Tuscany. Absolutely beautiful area of the world, some of the views as you drive around are sensational. We managed to come a few days earlier and did day trips to Florence and San Gimignano (small medieval town) which were both great. Stopped in Pisa on way home too which wasn’t such a nice city but the tower was cool to visit I guess.

Highlight was probably a cheese and wine tasting evening :datass:

Would recommend, definitely coming back here at some point.


Italy is gorgeous, i haven't seen much of it (Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta), but what i have seen was truly spectacular.


A visit to some of the lakes is next on the list I think

Image
User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Harry Ellis » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:You might be in luck on the visa front - there's talk of a freedom of movement pact between Canada, Australia, NZ and the UK after Brexit. It'll come in too late for my wife sadly, who'll need to apply for ILR in the next three weeks and pay the ludicrous amount of money that entails. :slol:

:datass:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov

Return to “Stuff”